Meet Mike Ward

DKW 86

http://blog.al.com/bamabeat/2008/02/a_shak...pliance_st.html

Wonder what all this could mean? Ward is credited with getting OU back the 8 forfeited games when they went on probation in some circles. I have not found a link for that tho.

A shakeup on UA's compliance staff ...

Posted by Gentry Estes February 29, 2008 6:19 PM

Here's a brief item that will run in tomorrow's editions of the Press-Register ...

TUSCALOOSA - Alabama has hired a new compliance director to replace Chris King, who will assume a new role as an associate athletics director at the university, a UA official said.

Mike Ward, who reportedly last worked in Oklahoma, is now associate athletics director in charge of compliance. Jonathan Bowling has been promoted in title from the school's compliance "coordinator" to compliance "director."

King was hired as associate athletics director for compliance in June 2002 and oversaw the school's recent five-year probationary period. He headed a number of Crimson Tide compliance projects, including the textbook investigation that led to five football players being suspended for four games last season.

He will still have oversight over certain areas of Alabama's compliance efforts. His move was part of a larger, ongoing restructuring of the UA athletics department.

-- Gentry Estes

http://blog.al.com/chatter/2008/02/tides_c...es_new_dut.html

Tide's Chris King takes new duties

Posted by Paul Gattis -- The Huntsville Times February 29, 2008 3:26 PM

Categories: Football

Chris King, Alabama's Associate AD for NCAA Compliance, has assumed new duties within the athletic department.

Among King's new duties is serving as sport oversight for soccer and rowing.

Bama has a rowing team???? :roflol:

Heading up the compliance office as assistant AD for Compliance is Mike Ward, who formerly worked in the AD at Oklahoma. Jonathan Bowling is the Director of Compliance.

http://blog.al.com/bamabeat/2008/02/a_shak...pliance_st.html

Wonder what all this could mean? Ward is credited with getting OU back the 8 forfeited games when they went on probation in some circles. I have not found a link for that tho.

A shakeup on UA's compliance staff ...

Posted by Gentry Estes February 29, 2008 6:19 PM

Here's a brief item that will run in tomorrow's editions of the Press-Register ...

TUSCALOOSA - Alabama has hired a new compliance director to replace Chris King, who will assume a new role as an associate athletics director at the university, a UA official said.

Mike Ward, who reportedly last worked in Oklahoma, is now associate athletics director in charge of compliance. Jonathan Bowling has been promoted in title from the school's compliance "coordinator" to compliance "director."

King was hired as associate athletics director for compliance in June 2002 and oversaw the school's recent five-year probationary period. He headed a number of Crimson Tide compliance projects, including the textbook investigation that led to five football players being suspended for four games last season.

He will still have oversight over certain areas of Alabama's compliance efforts. His move was part of a larger, ongoing restructuring of the UA athletics department.

-- Gentry Estes

http://blog.al.com/chatter/2008/02/tides_c...es_new_dut.html

Tide's Chris King takes new duties

Posted by Paul Gattis -- The Huntsville Times February 29, 2008 3:26 PM

Categories: Football

Chris King, Alabama's Associate AD for NCAA Compliance, has assumed new duties within the athletic department.

Among King's new duties is serving as sport oversight for soccer and rowing.

Bama has a rowing team???? :roflol:

Heading up the compliance office as assistant AD for Compliance is Mike Ward, who formerly worked in the AD at Oklahoma. Jonathan Bowling is the Director of Compliance.

oh i get it, at first i was confused as to how a fat former outdoors products salesman had anything to do with the turds.

ps-i think we have a rowing team as well

We only have a female rowing team. I've never watched it, but I have seen some of the girls around campus, and let me tell you, the legs on those girls are awesome!

His success at OU sounds reminiscent of the old "mob lawyer" cliche to me: "We've found a mouthpiece that'll get us off the hook even if we did the crime". John Gotti would be proud.

We do have a men's and female's crew team. If any of you care to make a man of youself, I suggest training with them for a month, instead of ripping on them. Four mornings a week you are running 5 miles at 5:00 a.m., Stadiums four an hour and a half on the other days, rowing until your hands blister, bleed, and ooze, followins a weight lifting routine, and then come Monday, do it all over again.

We do have a men's and female's crew team. If any of you care to make a man of youself, I suggest training with them for a month, instead of ripping on them. Four mornings a week you are running 5 miles at 5:00 a.m., Stadiums four an hour and a half on the other days, rowing until your hands blister, bleed, and ooze, followins a weight lifting routine, and then come Monday, do it all over again.

settle down beavis...I don't think anyone was making fun of them...

but after saying that...I believe your description of their work out is a little far fetched...

God knows they need SOMEONE/ANYONE on campus that understands the word compliance.........In west vance, the broom sweeps eveything under the rug quite nicely.

That training is true. I had a few Fraternity brothers that thought it would be cool to join the crew team. That lasted for about a week and a half.

God knows they need SOMEONE/ANYONE on campus that understands the word compliance.........In west vance, the broom sweeps eveything under the rug quite nicely.

yeah, i mean thats why we're seeing reports of players being arrested in the news. because UA sweeps everything under the rug. :rolleyes:

That training is true. I had a few Fraternity brothers that thought it would be cool to join the crew team. That lasted for about a week and a half.

I'll also attest to that. A friend of mine is on the women's rowing team for Bama and she's told me about her workouts. :puke:

Archived