Noel Devine, 3 other WVU players arrested

AUTrey

Rodriguez coaches at Michigan.

I think he was alluding to the fact that these guys were recruited by Rodriguez.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why these kids do the things they do..I know, I know, they are young and full of piss and vinegar, but common sense should tell them, hey I have a good thing going and maybe I don't need to jeopardize it by being here or by doing what I am doing.

Sounds like Rodriguez would have been a great fit at Alabama after all...

Interesting, considering Devine had an offer from AU as well.

Link?

Link?

Well Rivals and scout don't show his offer list. But he had an offer from basically every school in the country. Not to mention this little excerpt:

In addition to FSU and Miami, other schools believed to be high on his wish list include USC, Nebraska, Auburn and LSU.

http://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=884&CID=546205

Link?

Well Rivals and scout don't show his offer list. But he had an offer from basically every school in the country. Not to mention this little excerpt:

In addition to FSU and Miami, other schools believed to be high on his wish list include USC, Nebraska, Auburn and LSU.

http://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=884&CID=546205

Really weak even for you. The best you can provide to back up something you stated as a fact is "other schools believed to be on his wish list"? Pathetic. That's a long way fron an offer.

Really weak even for you. The best you can provide to back up something you stated as a fact is "other schools believed to be on his wish list"? Pathetic. That's a long way fron an offer.

AU offered Devine. And to the point of this discussion...the suggestion was that because a coach recruited him, it reflects poorly upon him...when basically every coach in the nation would have laid out in traffic to have this kid come there. Don't act like AU didn't offer him. And don't act like AU wouldn't have taken him.

When a kid has an open offer from every school in the country, they don't list all 119 schools in the articles they write. And they took down his "offer" list thing on rivals.

But to get all pious and suggest you wouldn't have taken him is a joke beyond all jokes.

AU offered Devine. And to the point of this discussion...the suggestion was that because a coach recruited him, it reflects poorly upon him...when basically every coach in the nation would have laid out in traffic to have this kid come there. Don't act like AU didn't offer him. And don't act like AU wouldn't have taken him.

When a kid has an open offer from every school in the country, they don't list all 119 schools in the articles they write. And they took down his "offer" list thing on rivals.

But to get all pious and suggest you wouldn't have taken him is a joke beyond all jokes.

First of all, there were 4 kids in the story. I believe Rodriguez recruited them all, if I am not mistaken. I was not singling out Devine, just making a point that the Fulmer Cup could have been in T-Town this year, only if...

Somebody call the WHAAAAAAAmbulance.

AU offered Devine.

You still can't substantiate that statement.

You still can't substantiate that statement.

You can't substantiate that Alabama offered him either. But they were in his final 3. Common knowledge would suggest that he had an offer from AU.

But to the POINT OF THIS ARGUMENT, suggesting that holding an offer from Rich Rod means Rich Rod used poor judgement, would be an indictment on the 100 other schools that we know offered him.

Ok.

http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...ORTS01/60822039

Auburn

(already offered scholarship)

Plus: Coach Tommy Tuberville already has produced 2005 NFL first-round draft picks Ronnie Brown (Dolphins) and Carnell “Cadillac” Williams (Buccaneers), and may have another in fifth-year senior Kenny Irons.

Minus: Potential academic scandal may take some of the luster out of going to Auburn.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/20/sports/p...nyt&emc=rss

In the field house, near Coach Iandoli’s office, a line of teammates wait to have their paperwork stamped by a notary. With forms in hand, Devine ambles over to the queue. He hops atop a small, square table, pushing aside yearbooks from schools that would love to have him play for them: Auburn, Kansas and dozens of others.

Ok.

Auburn

Plus: Coach Tommy Tuberville already has produced 2005 NFL first-round draft picks Ronnie Brown (Dolphins) and Carnell “Cadillac” Williams (Buccaneers), and may have another in fifth-year senior Kenny Irons.

Minus: Potential academic scandal may take some of the luster out of going to Auburn.

In the field house, near Coach Iandoli’s office, a line of teammates wait to have their paperwork stamped by a notary. With forms in hand, Devine ambles over to the queue. He hops atop a small, square table, pushing aside yearbooks from schools that would love to have him play for them: Auburn, Kansas and dozens of others.

Who is the News Press? I never heard of them and I seriously doubt they could back up that statement anymore than you can. I can provide you links for a lot of things that you wouldn't agree with, and shouldn't.

My point is very few people know who Auburn offered and you ain't one of them. I say the same thing about myself regarding Auburn or anyone else. It just irks me when someone acts like they know who certain schools offer when in fact all they can rely on is speculation an a recruiting site.

Ok.

Auburn

Who is the News Press? I never heard of them and I seriously doubt they could back up that statement anymore than you can. I can provide you links for a lot of things that you wouldn't agree with, and shouldn't.

My point is very few people know who Auburn offered and you ain't one of them. I say the same thing about myself regarding Auburn or anyone else. It just irks me when someone acts like they know who certain schools offer when in fact all they can rely on is speculation an a recruiting site.

Under the vast majority of circumstances, I would agree with you about offers.

Noel Devine, however, is a special case.

BG I agree with you Auburn would have loved to have him, and those articles do prove your point.

It's what you do with them after they get to the program and how you react if something does happen. Kids, young men and women WILL do stupid stuff. But, if they're in a program where crap like that is not tolerated, there tends to be much less of it.

As for Noel Devine, I hope we were smart enough to offer him and I'd be worried if we didn't.

Esquire, I would agree with what you said for the most part. But Noel has a history of trouble. Coming from a broken home and having like 3-4 kids running around...he's had plenty of problems. He has also been arrested before.

It's what you do with them after they get to the program and how you react if something does happen. Kids, young men and women WILL do stupid stuff. But, if they're in a program where crap like that is not tolerated, there tends to be much less of it.

As for Noel Devine, I hope we were smart enough to offer him and I'd be worried if we didn't.

Great point.

This would be hard to pass up -

I disagree on offering him. He was good but his background just hinted of things to come and now they have. Heck even Deion Sanders tried to take him in and help him but Devine took advantage of his (kind of stole his car for one thing.

Archived