Boeing Commercials in Mobile

BZ770

I saw a Boeing Commercial here in Mobile tonight. It was the type of commercial like Auburn makes to show during Ballgames. A make you feel good movie of the company. Anyways I didn't see the reason for them making a commercial except for their fight over the EADS Tanker Decision. That commercial spoke nothing of the decision. Did any of you see it or can think of a reason they even need a commercial. Most people don't buy airplanes and spare parts from Boeing. Thoughts Please.

I didn't see it, but it was possibly an ad to sway sentiment towards keeping jobs in America. I have a neighbor who works at MAE as a mechanic and he says the Air Force has big problems with Boeing. He said they are late getting out the product and many times there are quality control issues. Another thing he mentioned was the design of the two different aircraft. He seemed to favor the EADS design over Boeing. When he started to give specifics I was lost.

Anyway, public image and sentiment may be what Boeing is trying to brand in the minds of the public everywhere. Most people aren't aware of the problems the DoD has with Boeing, but Boeing knows that. Maybe Boeing wants us to feel sorry for them and the commercial is a way of getting the public to act of their behalf.

Basically they're having a little pity-party and everyone is invited. They're crying about outsourcing, but a good portion of the jobs will be right here in Mobile, Al. The Air Bus tanker is a good product and the Air Force will be happy with it's performance. Also, the revenue portion Mobile will receive, from a possible $100 billion dollar contract, will help us build this city to what it is meant to be. The people in Mobile work hard and have good work ethics. Furthermore, there will be no unions to hamper production and quality control. I believe the contract deal is directed at unions as much as any other motive.

Boeing has been running their commercial for some time now. I don't think it is related to the tanker contract.

Archived