I thought the dims were against voter ID?

Tigermike

Liberals, oops progressives, don't seem to get very worked up when Barack Obama works his religion on the campaign trail. Unlike they have over Republicians mentioning religion.

OK, OK the religious stuff doesn't bother you since the dims went on a religious/values voter binge after the last presendital election. In fact that was why they are going for Obama isn't it? Him being a "man of faith" and all/

But what about this? Liberals, oops progressives, are all against voter ID's. In fact it's mandatory in the dnc isn't it?

ObamavoterID.jpg

This, from the Party that opposes voter identification.

Liberals, oops progressives, don't seem to get very worked up when Barack Obama works his religion on the campaign trail. Unlike they have over Republicians mentioning religion.

OK, OK the religious stuff doesn't bother you since the dims went on a religious/values voter binge after the last presendital election. In fact that was why they are going for Obama isn't it? Him being a "man of faith" and all/

But what about this? Liberals, oops progressives, are all against voter ID's. In fact it's mandatory in the dnc isn't it?

ObamavoterID.jpg

This, from the Party that opposes voter identification.

What's your point? Obama asks voters to respect the law and adhere to it?

I doubt the validity of the sign, but, assuming it's legit, is the Obama campaign able to change the laws of Kentucky or any other state because he disagrees with them?

Here is where I saw the picture and the context.

Did it come from a leftist site? No they wouldn't provide the info. Did it come from the MSM, absolutely not. They have been in the bag for months for the "savior".

Barack Obama’s Pitch in Kentucky

Supposedly Barack Obama’s not playing for Kentucky. You could have fooled me. He’s got 16 offices in the state next to Hillary’s 5. Hillary has no office west of Louisville. Barack Obama’s offices go from the West Virginia border to the Mississippi River. I visited one of Barack’s offices today.

So how is Barack trying to appeal to Kentuckians?

As a religious candidate.

This is how Obama is appealing to Kentuckians. I had just finished doing an undisclosed activity at Church and a friend asked me to check out Barack Obama. I couldn’t say no to my Lutheran friend.

So I drive up to the Obama office and I noticed a crudely spray-painted image of Barack Obama and a cross. So my friend and I walked in. A cross on the wall and a tall black man (a Professor of mine) greeted me. Behind him were two elderly ladies wearing crosses.

So they launched into their pitch about how Obama would care for the poor and the “least among these”.

I can’t attest to how Obama’s other 15 campaign offices in Kentucky are run. In this one the appeal to Evangelical voters is in overdrive.

I wonder what Obama campaign commercials I’ll see in the Fall.

http://race42008.com/2008/05/12/barack-oba...ch-in-kentucky/

Three responses. Tex makes a good point. In a knee jerk response Al, doubts. As usual Obamaboy resorts to his typical dismissive and openly antigonistic attitude. Keep it up there on a higher level. Hypocrite.

For your enjoyment here is the other pictures.

Obama-1.jpg

Barack-1.jpg

The pictures or the comments by the writer are not so unflattering toward Obama. They only show the direction of his agenda.

How was it a knee-jerk response? The phrase, "...or be personally acquainted with the precinct officer before voting," sounds strange in light of the fact that Kentucky, evidently, requires some form of ID card like DL, SS card, etc. to vote.

Beyond that, my response is essentially the same as TT's. If this is the law in KY, then Obama's campaign is doing the right thing by reminding the voters of that so they don't get turned away because they don't have the acceptable ID.

Your framing of this thread was done in typical "gotcha" style and, as I said, I don't think the campaigns can change the laws of a state.

How was it a knee-jerk response? The phrase, "...or be personally acquainted with the precinct officer before voting," sounds strange in light of the fact that Kentucky, evidently, requires some form of ID card like DL, SS card, etc. to vote.

Beyond that, my response is essentially the same as TT's. If this is the law in KY, then Obama's campaign is doing the right thing by reminding the voters of that so they don't get turned away because they don't have the acceptable ID.

Your framing of this thread was done in typical "gotcha" style and, as I said, I don't think the campaigns can change the laws of a state.

I doubt the validity of the sign,

That wasn't knee jerk was it al?

Aren't lib dims against voter ID's?

I doubt the validity of the sign,

That wasn't knee jerk was it al?

I just explained to you why. In my original post I'm pretty sure I also provided a caveat if it was, indeed, legit.

I doubt the validity of the sign, but, assuming it's legit, is the Obama campaign able to change the laws of Kentucky or any other state because he disagrees with them?

I believe most probably are, but, I know Obama is.

How many nuns should we expect to get turned away this time? :roflol:

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye!

Archived