Now that we have a commit

AUman43

one QB, (Raymond Cotton) what other(s) do you think we are most likely to go after and which do you think we have a good shot at? Mossakowski has us lised third or fourth on his list and the kid from California seems destined to go elsewhere. Any ideas?

one QB, (Raymond Cotton) what other(s) do you think we are most likely to go after and which do you think we have a good shot at? Mossakowski has us lised third or fourth on his list and the kid from California seems destined to go elsewhere. Any ideas?

I'm not concerned about the QB recruiting. We have So. and Jr. Co-starters, We have another Jr qb. We have a Fr that was on campus for spring practice. We have another Freshman that will be on campus in June. We have Cotton as a commit for 2009. If we get more QB's what are we going to do with them? The only reason to get another is if we can get the "perfect" recruit (whatver that is)for the spread offense.

Actually, we have an extra sophomore QB instead of a junior.

But yeah, we don't need any more QBs. Mossakowski would be an awesome pickup, but Cotton is already a big one, and like Hoopie said, what are we gonna do with them all?

Furr, Cotton, and Trotter will battle it out for starting time in 2010 - 2012. Maybe we could pick up another QB or maybe two for the 2010 class, but we can't just take anybody who's interested in us. We need to look at priorities for this year's class, and that's linebackers and offensive linemen. Pickup 5 linebacker types and 6 - 7 OL and get a little bit of everything else when you can and call it a day.

Ryan

Hoopie....The perfect recruit for the spread offense goes by the name of Barrett Trotter. I really wouldn't be suprised to see him listed as the 2nd String QB, meaning Kodi Burns 1A and Chris Todd 1B. Coach Franklin talked about how BT already knows the offense, the calls, and who to throw to...nearly every play. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Deron Furr shifted around a bit in the next couple of years, he's an Athlete....they've talked about looking at him at Linebacker and/or Safety, as well as, WR.

So, if that's the case, say they move Furr, this year:

Kodi SO./Todd JR.

Caudle RS SO.

Trotter FR.

Say Cotton does commit and that's the only QB commitment we get, '09 Season will look like this:

Kodi JR./Todd SR.

Trotter SO or RS FR.

Caudle RS. JR.

Cotton FR.

Say we get two QB commitments for the '10 year:

Kodi SR.

Trotter JR. or RS SO.

Caudle RS. SR

Cotton SO. or RS FR.

BAD A** QB 1 FR.

BAD A** QB 2 FR.

So, I think we're set for a couple years, well that is until....2012. lol

Hoopie....The perfect recruit for the spread offense goes by the name of Barrett Trotter. I really wouldn't be suprised to see him listed as the 2nd String QB, meaning Kodi Burns 1A and Chris Todd 1B. Coach Franklin talked about how BT already knows the offense, the calls, and who to throw to...nearly every play. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Deron Furr shifted around a bit in the next couple of years, he's an Athlete....they've talked about looking at him at Linebacker and/or Safety, as well as, WR.

So, if that's the case, say they move Furr, this year:

Kodi SO./Todd JR.

Caudle RS SO.

Trotter FR.

Say Cotton does commit and that's the only QB commitment we get, '09 Season will look like this:

Kodi JR./Todd SR.

Trotter SO or RS FR.

Caudle RS. JR.

Cotton FR.

Say we get two QB commitments for the '10 year:

Kodi SR.

Trotter JR. or RS SO.

Caudle RS. SR

Cotton SO. or RS FR.

BAD A** QB 1 FR.

BAD A** QB 2 FR.

So, I think we're set for a couple years, well that is until....2012. lol

I live in Ga. and didn't get to see BT except in the championship game (super six?). CSS showed the Ala HS CGs over here. BT seemed to struggle in that game. If you are aware of the talent from a local level(Bham), then that is probably a better reference than a one game performance. It does seem that we're set at QB.

Guess I didn't pay enough attention during the bowl game:

Under the new no-huddle system, how much are the back-up QB's involved in signaling in the plays? If so, will being deeply involved in the play signalling help the very young QB's pick up the system faster and mature quicker mentally?

I'll tell you guys right now that Franklin loves his QBs and loves to have a ton of them on campus. As shocking as this is going to sound, we were actually prepared to sign a SECOND JUCO QB in the 2008 class to go along with Todd. That second QB was a kid named Jeremiah Masoli who ended up signing with Oregon. From what I remember being told Franklin spent like an entire day with this kid and he wanted him at Auburn.

http://oregon.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?...=71217#colleges

http://jcfootball.scout.com/a.z?s=87&p...amp;nid=3481647

I'll tell you guys right now that Franklin loves his QBs and loves to have a ton of them on campus. As shocking as this is going to sound, we were actually prepared to sign a SECOND JUCO QB in the 2008 class to go along with Todd. That second QB was a kid named Jeremiah Masoli who ended up signing with Oregon. From what I remember being told Franklin spent like an entire day with this kid and he wanted him at Auburn.

http://oregon.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?...=71217#colleges

http://jcfootball.scout.com/a.z?s=87&p...amp;nid=3481647

So far, CTF seems to know what he is doing and I like his style. If he thinks he needs that many Qb's then.... OK. Compared to most teams and without knowing that CTF has a penchant for a lot of QB's, you can see why I thought we had enough Qb's. I wonder if CTF is still looking for the guy that he really thinks he needs or is it so tuff to determine how they will develop that we need a lot of candidates? I hope we can keep all of those guys motivated. Signalling in plays is not a motivator.

I suppose that I struggle with the magnitude of the offensive roster changes needed to install the spread. Some of you folks on here seem to have insight/info as to the player ratios required for the spread, so please help me out. Recruiting a boat load of WR, QB and then shifting to smaller RB, and shorter OL is unsettling. The QB and WR talent level needed to be changed, especially for the spread. Are we recruiting numbers trying to develop talent?... and then later on can target talent without recruiting so many kids at the QB and WR position? If we continue to have that many skill players on scholly will we have less OL(85 schollys)? I will say that we are making the changes at a very fast pace.

Archived