Ken Stabler

WarDamn

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm shocked. <_<

Not to worry. He WILL be back in the "booth" come game day.

My friends from LA tell me that he normally has the PO--LICE under his thumb. He is worshipped by many and hated by the others. He cheat's in golf and fishing tourneys. According to my buddies, he won his own charity fishing tourney when he and his buddies showed up drunk and late for weighin with a catch that was "just enough to win". A perfect example of a Bammerneck.

My friends from LA tell me that he normally has the PO--LICE under his thumb.

That's the impression I've always gotten from my many relatives that live in south Baldwin County. (My brother's band used to play at his Gulf Shores club years ago and he has some very interesting stories about Snake's antics in those days.)

Although I note that this arrest was in Robertsdale, which is just a little farther north than his usual Foley/Gulf Shores stomping grounds. He may have been seriously impaired--too extreme for them to turn a blind eye--or maybe the Robertsdale police just "didn't get the memo"...

A legal question: Is there a statute of limitations on past DUI offenses in Alabama? Will his '95 and '01 DUI's count against him as a repeat offender, i.e., could he be looking at mandatory jail time for a 3rd DUI? (Thankfully, I don't have much knowledge and no personal experience with the state DUI regulations. )

I thought saban was getting rid of all the riff-raff...... B)

It's kind of hard to get rid of the riff-raff that help run the asylum..

I hope he gets fired and gets the help he needs. It seems he needs a lot of help.

I agree, it's time for bama to put Jay Barker in the booth with Eli. Out with old in with the new.

does Kenny get ice cream at his age, or something more age appropriate?

I think it is more like an Ensure shake............ gentle on the stomach and easier to digest.

I've always been a huge Ken Stabler fan, I think this bumps him to legendary status. Just think about how many times he has been pulled over and let go. What's your take Runswithscissors??

Looks like he was wearing an Auburn shirt when he got arrested!!!!

Story.jpg

I've always been a huge Ken Stabler fan, I think this bumps him to legendary status. Just think about how many times he has been pulled over and let go. What's your take Runswithscissors??

Story.jpg

Way to be a role model Kenny! :thumbsdown:

Story.jpg

Way to be a role model Kenny! :thumbsdown:

Maybe bama will bring in Joe Namath to replace Stabler. He doesn't have as many DWIs.

Story.jpg

I think it's more of a Tennesse shirt--jailhouse orange!

That looks more like a taxpayer-provided jailhouse type of attire to me. They cropped out the cuffs and leg irons for the article.

Maybe bama will bring in Joe Namath to replace Stabler. He doesn't have as many DWIs.

Yeah, and Joe can hock panty-hose during the commercial breaks!! I can hear it all now - "Bama's back, and so are Hanes' Beauty Mist panty-hose! Guys, run on down to the Quicky-Mart and get yourself a pair before the next game!"

Poor Snake.

I wonder if he spilled his beer when the officer made him get out of the car. I wonder how many other times he's been pulled over and it hasn't made it to the media?

Story.jpg

He doesn't even look drunk. DUI laws have gotten way out of hand in this country.

He doesn't even look drunk. DUI laws have gotten way out of hand in this country.

Agreed. I have a female friend in her 30's who got a DUI in Athens (AL), and she had not had a drop to drink that night. The officer pulled her over because he said she was weaving, and even though the breathalyzer confirmed she was sober he arrested her and noted on the report that she appeared drunk. Officer's discretion. Of course she tried to fight it in court, but it was basically her word against his. Shameful.

I'd say Stabler passed "drunk" a long time ago and is currently working on "embalmed."

Oh, and you can be drunk without looking drunk.

I heard a Crimson-neck call in a radio program here in bham (960 AM), and the point of his call was, "Hey, Kenny only gets in trouble about once every 6 years. I know people who get in trouble way more often than that. He shouldn't lose his job or get in trouble." We have some real trailer trash in this state....

All joking aside, I pray he gets H E L P...soon. For his sake and the sake of everyone on the highways.

Archived