Auburn signees status

quietfan

I posted this in my last response in the "Rivals" Bama losses thread: http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?s...pid=496073&

but think it should also stand alone for the sake of those curious:

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?s...pid=496073&

Who's on campus, who's coming and who's not

Posted by Phillip Marshall, The Huntsville Times June 09, 2008 3:54 PM

I've had several requests for updates on Auburn's incoming signees. Here is the list of players and their status:

DL Jomarcus Savage: On campus.

WR Darvin Adams: On campus.

ATH Harry Adams: On campus.

DL Derrick Lykes: On campus.

DE Cameron Henderson: On campus.

CB D'Antoine Hood: On campus.

WR Philip Pierre-Louis: On campus.

DT Andre Wadley: On campus.

LB Spencer Pybus: On campus.

CB Drew Cole: On campus.

QB Barrett Trotter: On campus.

WR Derek Winter: On campus.

S Christian Thompson: Scheduled to arrive before the end of the week.

S Marcus Jemison: Scheduled to arrive before the end of the week.

RB Eric Smith: Schedule to arrive before the end of the week.

CB T'Sharvan Bell: Scheduled to arrive later this month.

DS Dax Dellenbach: Scheduled to arrive later this month.

RB Reggie Hunt: Scheduled to arrive later this month

TE Vance Smith: Scheduled to arrive later this month.

DL Freddie Smooth: Unlikely to qualify. Will probably attend junior college.

DB Neiko Lipscomb: Qualifying status uncertain.

OL Jermaine Johnson: Qualifying status uncertain.

RB Onterio McCalebb: Qualifying status uncertain.

Quarterback-turned-safety DeRon Furr, quarterback Chris Todd, defensive end Raven Gray and linebacker DaShaun Barnes enrolled last January.

Tight end Ken Adams and athlete Brandon Smith were sign-and-place prospects who are headed to junior college

I thought I saw somewhere that McCalebb had qualified. Has he maybe passed the ACT or whatever and just not been cleared by the NCAA yet?

If only three got sent to JUCO, that aint too bad. We could really use those other three to qualify though if they can, especially Jermaine Johnson. Everyone has been talking so highly of him. But I guess this is the time of year that recruiting rankings should really come out.

If only three got sent to JUCO, that aint too bad. We could really use those other three to qualify though if they can, especially Jermaine Johnson. Everyone has been talking so highly of him. But I guess this is the time of year that recruiting rankings should really come out.

i agree. id like to see these same reports on the bammer class.

Brandon Lewis (4* DE) is headed to Hargrave. he had a big jump in his ACT, then had to retake it. he missed it by 1 point.

Kerry Murphy (4* DT) - i HIGHLY doubt you ever see him in crimson

Destin Hood and Melvin Ray (both 4* WR) are both going MLB. in all honesty, i think Ray would have been an academic casualty anyways.

Devonta Bolton (4* ATH) - who really knows. i really don't think he will make it, but its going to be close.

if i remember correctly, those are our only casualties. 3 academic casualties is not bad out of 32 signees.

[

Brandon Lewis (4* DE) is headed to Hargrave. he had a big jump in his ACT, then had to retake it. he missed it by 1 point.

Destin Hood and Melvin Ray (both 4* WR) are both going MLB. in all honesty, i think Ray would have been an academic casualty anyways.

Devonta Bolton (4* ATH) - who really knows. i really don't think he will make it, but its going to be close.

if i remember correctly, those are our only casualties. 3 academic casualties is not bad out of 32 signees.

It hurts to have five 4* guys not be there, though one will most likely be back.

I could care less about what Bammer's class looks like. We need to be worried about LSU & UGA's incoming classes. Bammer is irrelevant. :au:

I could care less about what Bammer's class looks like. We need to be worried about LSU & UGA's incoming classes. Bammer is irrelevant. :au:

[

It hurts to have five 4* guys not be there, though one will most likely be back.

You just set yourself up for the response with however many 4 stars Bammer got, that it's still so many more than Auburn got. Plus add in the 5 stars and blah blah blah.

You just set yourself up for the response with however many 4 stars Bammer got, that it's still so many more than Auburn got. Plus add in the 5 stars and blah blah blah.

Perhaps.........but regardless of if your whole class was 4-5* guys or if you had all 1* except the five 4* guys, it will give you a blow to stomach. Add to that that two of these guys are WRs which is the position that Bama will need the most immediate impact guys.

Archived