Al probably doesn’t find this news very… convenient

Tigermike

ranting-al-gore.jpg

Good news: Gore’s home consumed 10% more electricity this year than last

Energy Guzzled by Al Gore’s Home in Past Year Could Power 232 U.S. Homes for a Month

Gore’s personal electricity consumption up 10%, despite “energy-efficient” home renovations! (Glad he got all those improvements! Anyone know where he can purchase some more carbon off sets?)

NASHVILLE - In the year since Al Gore took steps to make his home more energy-efficient, the former Vice President’s home energy use surged more than 10%, according to the Tennessee Center for Policy Research.

“A man’s commitment to his beliefs is best measured by what he does behind the closed doors of his own home,” said Drew Johnson, President of the Tennessee Center for Policy Research. “Al Gore is a hypocrite and a fraud when it comes to his commitment to the environment, judging by his home energy consumption.”

In the past year, Gore’s home burned through 213,210 kilowatt-hours (kWh) of electricity, enough to power 232 average American households for a month.

In February 2007, An Inconvenient Truth, a film based on a climate change speech developed by Gore, won an Academy Award for best documentary feature. The next day, the Tennessee Center for Policy Research uncovered that Gore’s Nashville home guzzled 20 times more electricity than the average American household.

After the Tennessee Center for Policy Research exposed Gore’s massive home energy use, the former Vice President scurried to make his home more energy-efficient. Despite adding solar panels, installing a geothermal system, replacing existing light bulbs with more efficient models, and overhauling the home’s windows and ductwork, Gore now consumes more electricity than before the “green” overhaul.

Since taking steps to make his home more environmentally-friendly last June, Gore devours an average of 17,768 kWh per month –1,638 kWh more energy per month than before the renovations – at a cost of $16,533. By comparison, the average American household consumes 11,040 kWh in an entire year, according to the Energy Information Administration.

In the wake of becoming the most well-known global warming alarmist, Gore won an Oscar, a Grammy and the Nobel Peace Prize. In addition, Gore saw his personal wealth increase by an estimated $100 million thanks largely to speaking fees and investments related to global warming hysteria.

“Actions speak louder than words, and Gore’s actions prove that he views climate change not as a serious problem, but as a money-making opportunity,” Johnson said. “Gore is exploiting the public’s concern about the environment to line his pockets and enhance his profile.”

The Tennessee Center for Policy Research, a Nashville-based free market think tank and watchdog organization, obtained information about Gore’s home energy use through a public records request to the Nashville Electric Service.

http://tennesseepolicy.org/main/article.php?article_id=764

I was just about to say - 'good thing al gore isnt running in this election.'

It's funny how you guys obsess over failed presidential candidates. :roflol:

Just the one hypocrite preaching to the world.

I was just about to say - 'good thing al gore isnt running in this election.'

But he did endorse Barry this week didn't he?

It's never a bad time to expose a hypocrite for what he is.

This is not about just Gore. This is about the global warming religion that is permeating the left.

This is not about just Gore. This is about the global warming religion that is permeating the left.

Then maybe tell Tigermike to use a picture of the earth, instead of a picture of Gore.

Then maybe tell Tigermike to use a picture of the earth, instead of a picture of Gore.

Sorry, Algore is the High Priest of the Earth religion. He's fair game.

ranting-al-gore.jpg

Energy Guzzled by Al Gore’s Home in Past Year Could Power 232 U.S. Homes for a Month

Gore’s personal electricity consumption up 10%, despite “energy-efficient” home renovations! (Glad he got all those improvements! Anyone know where he can purchase some more carbon off sets?)

NASHVILLE - In the year since Al Gore took steps to make his home more energy-efficient, the former Vice President’s home energy use surged more than 10%, according to the Tennessee Center for Policy Research.

“A man’s commitment to his beliefs is best measured by what he does behind the closed doors of his own home,” said Drew Johnson, President of the Tennessee Center for Policy Research. “Al Gore is a hypocrite and a fraud when it comes to his commitment to the environment, judging by his home energy consumption.”

In the past year, Gore’s home burned through 213,210 kilowatt-hours (kWh) of electricity, enough to power 232 average American households for a month.

In February 2007, An Inconvenient Truth, a film based on a climate change speech developed by Gore, won an Academy Award for best documentary feature. The next day, the Tennessee Center for Policy Research uncovered that Gore’s Nashville home guzzled 20 times more electricity than the average American household.

After the Tennessee Center for Policy Research exposed Gore’s massive home energy use, the former Vice President scurried to make his home more energy-efficient. Despite adding solar panels, installing a geothermal system, replacing existing light bulbs with more efficient models, and overhauling the home’s windows and ductwork, Gore now consumes more electricity than before the “green” overhaul.

Since taking steps to make his home more environmentally-friendly last June, Gore devours an average of 17,768 kWh per month –1,638 kWh more energy per month than before the renovations – at a cost of $16,533. By comparison, the average American household consumes 11,040 kWh in an entire year, according to the Energy Information Administration.

In the wake of becoming the most well-known global warming alarmist, Gore won an Oscar, a Grammy and the Nobel Peace Prize. In addition, Gore saw his personal wealth increase by an estimated $100 million thanks largely to speaking fees and investments related to global warming hysteria.

“Actions speak louder than words, and Gore’s actions prove that he views climate change not as a serious problem, but as a money-making opportunity,” Johnson said. “Gore is exploiting the public’s concern about the environment to line his pockets and enhance his profile.”

The Tennessee Center for Policy Research, a Nashville-based free market think tank and watchdog organization, obtained information about Gore’s home energy use through a public records request to the Nashville Electric Service.

I'm not sure this is fair. He probably has plenty of carbon offset credits lying around the house to cover this increase.

ranting-al-gore.jpg

I'm not sure this is fair. He probably has plenty of carbon offset COPOUT credits lying around the house to cover this increase.

I say this as someone that actually does care about the energy usage and how it is affecting the Earth. Al, how about just not burning the energy up? How about teleconferencing instead of your hundreds of flights aboard private jets wasting hundreds/thousands of pounds of fuel?

I'm not sure this is fair. He probably has plenty of carbon offset credits lying around the house to cover this increase.

Great point TigerHeat, great point. Why is that a great point, you may ask? Because the last time the high priest of global warming was shown to be the hypocrite he is, where did he purchase those carbon offset credits? Why from his own company of course. He just happened to have a few extra laying around.

But he did endorse Obama. But he is not going to campaign for him.

As the creator of the internet, his face should be on every post

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.asp

http://www.firstmonday.org/issues/issue5_10/wiggins/#w8

Read. Learn.

I am sorry to dispute wth snopes, but the comment is not from a Wolf Blitzer interview. He may have repeated it there but I heard him in an interview from the national observatory with a female reporter doing the interview.

Read. Learn.

I am sorry to dispute wth snopes, but the comment is not from a Wolf Blitzer interview. He may have repeated it there but I heard him in an interview from the national observatory with a female reporter doing the interview.

Link? I'd love to see your facts. Multiple sources all cite the Blitzer interview.

Read. Learn.

Link? I'd love to see your facts. Multiple sources all cite the Blitzer interview.

Why are you wasting your time defending Al Gore?

I know, its a waste. I just hate hearing people being completely wrong. I mean I gave facts and the response was 'naaaaa, I heard it somewhere else' with no evidence to back it up.

I honestly wanted to know where he heard it from.

You're right though, its pointless.

I did a google search for the interview I saw and found only references to the Blitzer one. I remember the video at the 2000 Republican Convention was from the Naval Observatory and may have been a CSPAN piece.

It's funny how you guys obsess over failed presidential candidates. :roflol:

Much like the Obamaites are obsessing over McCain being a "Bush third term"? Yeah, nice to meet ya kettle...

Archived