CNS inducted into Independence Bowl HOF

quietfan

http://www.arklatexsports.com/news/Saban-T...wl-Hall-13279/#

Shreveport, La. – The Independence Bowl Foundation will present its 2008 Hall of Honor inductee class on Thursday evening beginning at 6 p.m. at the induction banquet at East Ridge Country Club.

Terry Hoeppner (posthumously), Nick Saban, and Herb Tyler will be honored at the event. The Independence Bowl Hall of Honor, which is currently comprised of 41 individuals, is made up of players and coaches who have exemplified positive character both on and off the field and who have participated in the Independence Bowl at some point during the game’s history. The first class of inductees was honored in 1996.

Okay, I understand that Bama & Shreveport go together like peanut butter & jelly, but "coaches who have exemplified positive character both on and off the field"?! :roflol:

:roflol: That is some funny crap. For some reason, I see this ending up in the Woodshed.

Great post quietfan!

I would say that on the field he has shown to perform as a National Championship winning coach. Off the field his hard work with recruiting and charitable funds is as impressive. I guess the reason you are laughing is because while in Miami he said that he wouldn't be the coach at Alabama, a position which he would later accept. Nick Saban has left no question that not only could he have handled that situation better but that he should have. He's hard on the media but I appreciate how he keeps them off the backs of the 18-21 year olds that he is coaching. Sometimes the media needs to be held accountable for the things they say instead of being given a blank check. I feel that way about news media and athletic media both.

just my .02

http://www.arklatexsports.com/news/Saban-T...wl-Hall-13279/#

Shreveport, La. – The Independence Bowl Foundation will present its 2008 Hall of Honor inductee class on Thursday evening beginning at 6 p.m. at the induction banquet at East Ridge Country Club.

Terry Hoeppner (posthumously), Nick Saban, and Herb Tyler will be honored at the event. The Independence Bowl Hall of Honor, which is currently comprised of 41 individuals, is made up of players and coaches who have exemplified positive character both on and off the field and who have participated in the Independence Bowl at some point during the game’s history. The first class of inductees was honored in 1996.

Okay, I understand that Bama & Shreveport go together like peanut butter & jelly, but "coaches who have exemplified positive character both on and off the field"?! :roflol:

It must be great to be so perfect and to have never made a mistake either in judgement or action. If someone has to have been perfect all of their life, then no one would ever be ina Hall of Fame anywhere. Coach Saban has admitted that he did not handle the situation at Miami very well, and that is all that he can do. He's not giving anyone his first born, or his salary, so get over it. Because he made a mistake in judgement at that time or any other time does not make him a person of poor character, and people that do not know him should not be judging him.

No, we're poking fun because his asshattery off the field in how he deals with the media and people in general....ever since he lied in Miami...is quickly becoming stuff that legends are made of.

Sorry, coonass, but that isn't his one and only slip-up with his character, aaight? His media relations rep is as disasterous as 9/11 or Pearl Harbor. My teenage daughter could do a better job. It was what it was. What it was. I'm not going to talk about the eternal spring of unpunished arrests either, so don't even ask.

Damn fallen trees in the middle of the road...

Sure he won a NC while at LSU. But would the HOF committee be nominating him if he had lost to ULa-Monroe in the Independence Bowl game? Total package on & off the field and stuff ... ... Nick Saban appears to be coming up short.

Sure he won a NC while at LSU. But would the HOF committee be nominating him if he had lost to ULa-Monroe in the Independence Bowl game? Total package on & off the field and stuff ... ... Nick Saban appears to be coming up short.

No pun intended

I would say that on the field he has shown to perform as a National Championship winning coach. Off the field his hard work with recruiting and charitable funds is as impressive. I guess the reason you are laughing is because while in Miami he said that he wouldn't be the coach at Alabama, a position which he would later accept. Nick Saban has left no question that not only could he have handled that situation better but that he should have. He's hard on the media but I appreciate how he keeps them off the backs of the 18-21 year olds that he is coaching. Sometimes the media needs to be held accountable for the things they say instead of being given a blank check. I feel that way about news media and athletic media both.

just my .02

Undoubtably, you have never watched a press confrence

I was laughing because saban is an arrogant jerk, that doesn't deserve to be in a hall of fame that is for people with good character.

I was also laughing at the fact that it is the Independence Bowl HOF.

I understand you don't like the guy, he's your rival and so on and so on, but what did he say that makes you say he's "arrogant"?

He's hard on the media but I appreciate how he keeps them off the backs of the 18-21 year olds that he is coaching.

...much as he tries to keep the Mayor of Tuscaloosa and the cops on The Strip off their backs? ...Another "admirable" (..cough...) example of his character :poke:

(Okay, ssgaufan is probably right--I see this headed to the Woodshed pretty quickly. But it's Friday afternoon, time for a little good natured fun & ribbing! Don't take it too seriously, Birmingham...at least not from me. ;) )

Sorry, coonass, but that isn't his one and only slip-up with his character, aaight? His media relations rep is as disasterous as 9/11 or Pearl Harbor. My teenage daughter could do a better job. It was what it was. What it was. I'm not going to talk about the eternal spring of unpunished arrests either, so don't even ask.

So he is not good with the media so what? That does not make him a bad person. Look at the media, they are not always good with people either. How many times do you see the media get up in someone's face after a tragedy has happened to their family just to get their story. So please don't worry about the poor poor people in the media, and how mean ole Nick Saban is being mean to them.

You don't know if players that were arrested were punished or not. Please note, just because a coach does not follow the same punishment policies as your coach does not make him wrong.

Have you ever been to Tuscaloosa during a storm? I assure you that trees can fall, and it has nothing to do with alcohol. The night that happened it was reported that alcohol was not involved, so if you can believe the wonderful media that you're so worried about. We were just thankful that our coach was not hurt.

Shreveport has become Tuscaloosa's sister city. They've brought so much to the Louisana town, its only natural that they give back. Maybe they'll have a ceremony when ole Nick returns this year... B):poke:

No pun intended

You could say he doesn't measure up. B)

Inside information says that Ireland is looking into the possibility of adding him to the Leprechaun Hall of Fame as well. The impressive kudos just keep rolling in.

Yo Chizad-That's some funny shiznit... :roflol:

Shreveport has become Tuscaloosa's sister city. They've brought so much to the Louisana town, its only natural that they give back. Maybe they'll have a ceremony when ole Nick returns this year... B):poke:

Hey, Hold on a minute and let's try not to get ahead of ourselves here with any wild pre-season predictions.....doesn't a team still need to post a .500 record at minimum to be bowl eligible?? Yep, hate to play the Debbie Downer role here but this also includes qualifying for a trip to the mighty Independence Bowl....One game at a time my friends-with a little hard work, perseverance and faith, who knows,...who knows. ;)

just my .02

The reason I am "laughing" is because he has proven himself to be a totally classless jerk. (MANY TIMES OVER)..............wait....Did I type that "outloud"? :poke:

Archived