Republicans will play the race card...

CCTAU

By bringing this up, isn't he essentially playing the race care FIRST?

I know. I know. This is just another of his brilliant moves to bring up discussions that have never happened before in a way that will create change and hope within the communities.

Obama says Republicans will use race to stoke fear

By Caren Bohan Fri Jun 20, 7:19 PM ET

JACKSONVILLE, Florida (Reuters) - Democratic presidential contender Barack Obama said on Friday he expects Republicans to highlight the fact that he is black as part of an effort to make voters afraid of him.

ADVERTISEMENT

"It is going to be very difficult for Republicans to run on their stewardship of the economy or their outstanding foreign policy," Obama told a fundraiser in Jacksonville, Florida. "We know what kind of campaign they're going to run. They're going to try to make you afraid.

"They're going to try to make you afraid of me. He's young and inexperienced and he's got a funny name. And did I mention he's black?"

He said he was also set for Republicans to say "he's got a feisty wife," in trying to attack his wife Michelle.

"We know the strategy because they've already shown their cards. Ultimately I think the American people recognize that old stuff hasn't moved us forward. That old stuff just divides us," he said.

Obama, born to a white mother from Kansas and a black father from Kenya, has cast himself as a candidate who can bridge divides within the country, including those involving race.

It has been rare for him to bring up the topic during his presidential bid. In March he gave a widely praised speech on the subject after receiving criticism over racially charged comments by his longtime pastor.

Obama, who faces Republican John McCain in the November election, would be the first black U.S. president.

Racists

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't that the same stuff the Clinton camp tried?

I'd say well played by Obama.

"Well played" - how is it OK for blacks (or anyone else for that matter) to bring up race to use it to their advantage? There's no way in heck the Republican party would try to use the guys race against him - its ridiculus and would be suicide for the entire party. For obama to throw this out there is basically fishing for the minority vote out of sympathy - kind of a "vote for me guys 'cause I'm black too" thing. His voting record shows he reaches across party lines as well as a wall, and he'll unite the races about as well - it's clear as day.

Of course all of the obama followers will call me a racist for feeling this way - he's laid the trap already. I just treat everyone the same - if whites can't (and they shouldn't) make an issue out of race, nor should obama.

It is a given that at any opportunity the dem's will try to play the race card. They have already showed their hand there. If they overplay it it will be like the little boy who cried wolf.

The Republicacins have done it before. Willie Horton ads, ads where the black candidate is made darker and with a slightly bigger afro. Ads in Fords Tennessee campaign where a white girl is suggesting that Ford chases white women. It is a good move on Obama's part by simply saying "Hey look these are things they have done in the past, be prepared for them in the future.

The Republicacins have done it before. Willie Horton ads, ads where the black candidate is made darker and with a slightly bigger afro. Ads in Fords Tennessee campaign where a white girl is suggesting that Ford chases white women. It is a good move on Obama's part by simply saying "Hey look these are things they have done in the past, be prepared for them in the future.

S T R E T C H ......P O P !

Hope that didn't put your eye out. Some things just should not be stretched beyond their limit.

Hope that didn't put your eye out. Some things just should not be stretched beyond their limit.

How is that a stretch? Are you saying that the "lets take all their money and call them socalist if they object" Republicans haven't employed those in the past.......terror alert is orange today.......you'd better vote Republican.......were strong on terror......

How is that a stretch? Are you saying that the "lets take all their money and call them socalist if they object" Republicans haven't employed those in the past.......terror alert is orange today.......you'd better vote Republican.......were strong on terror......

As opposed to "I will talk with our enemies with no preconditions." I will change my mind position daily to go with the public opinion polls, Obama. Yeah,

This gets funnier the more I hear it. "I am so good and unbeatable that their only possible hope is to point out that I am young, inexperienced, and black".

Or, "They have messed up so badly, you should go with even though I am young, inexperienced, and black".

Comical. I can see it already at the debate:

McCain: "Senator could you please let me finish?"

Obama: "Ohhh. so I guess you are saying that I am rude and bossy because I am black? Would you ask a white man to let you finish? I didn't think so. Are you getting this on camera? I may have to sue. "

Obama: "Ohhh. so I guess you are saying that I am rude and bossy because I am black? Would you ask a white man to let you finish? I didn't think so. Are you getting this on camera? I may have to sue. "

jackie2.jpg

Jackie Chiles, Attorney of Law

Will he be represented by Jackie?

I say it is a smart political move by Obama, trump the race card before certain opponents trot it out. I'm not saying McCain would use the race card, I think and hope he is above that; but there are others out there that will use Obama's race against him. I don't care what ethnic/racial/socio-economic makeup Obama is, I'm leery towards him because the overall vagueness I get from his campaign. While I'm disappointed that McCain had to backtrack on his moderate views to appease the conservative right.

Yeah, I won't even be surprised if the xenophobic bastages call him Achmed.

It is his name, but I find it humorous in the context that some people on here use it.

It is his name, but I find it humorous in the context that some people on here use it.

Perhaps, Hussein is what you're thinking of?

Better yet, what the hell is xenophobic?

Better yet, what the hell is xenophobic?

Try the dictionary, there is one online.

Copy xenophobic

Go to dictionary - paste in xenophobic - read what the dictionary has to say about xenophobic.

Or go to Google - past in xenophobic - see what Google has to say.

I'd say well played by Obama.

A disingenious , deceptive and sleezy move on his part, and you call it " well played " ? You don't have very high standards for your next Commander in Chief, do you?

Oops sorry, I'm so used to reading Achmed on here that I thought it was his name.

My plan is already working......... :blink:

Oops sorry, I'm so used to reading Achmed on here that I thought it was his name.

My plan is already working......... :blink:

LMAO :roflol:

I wish whites would unite like blacks have. Blacks are clearly are voting solely on race since 95%+ of them vote for the black candidate, while whites seem to vote instead along party lines. Unfortunately that will give the country over to a man who hates it and most of us and wants to destroy our healthcare system. Wake up people...

Archived