Reggie Taylor commits

RunInRed

Run, you left out the best part, he runs a 4.36 40. War Eagle Mr. Taylor!

Decent measurables but WTF are we doing offering a guy that has 25 total tackles on his jr season.

ur right, i heard jj's main customers were auburn's coaching staff

The 5-foot-10, 167-pounder???? Holy Crap, he shrunk an inch and lost 8 pounds in the time that it took me to go from Scouts to Rivals. Sweet, another 1 star!

I have no fear on Defensive recruits validity. Auburn has had a stout defense for years. I trust CTT's judgement on defensive players. I may question offensive guys, but fast defensive DB's aren't a worry for me.

The 5-foot-10, 167-pounder???? Holy Crap, he shrunk an inch and lost 8 pounds in the time that it took me to go from Scouts to Rivals. Sweet, another 1 star!

Well seeing that he runs a Freakin' 4.37 and the Fact that he hasn't been ranked yet....I'll take him. Especially if our coaching staff feels that he is the type of player that Auburn needs. By the way, B'Ham, you bammers might need to worry a little more about y'alls players. Because with the whole JJ stuff going down, there might be more names that come out, this might be DEEP....who knows, oh yeah there was another Football player from Stillman that was arrested today with charges along the same lines as JJ.

Back on the DB subject. I can't Freakin' wait to see his Highlight films. I've been told that they're pretty freakin' awesome, and that if anyone saw Lardarius' Highlights and thought that they were awesome, that RT's video is sweeter.

I'll bet there's 25 plays on his highlight film.

Dude, the kid is a DB, not a LB. Maybe he is such a good corner that he doesn't even need to resort to tackling(i.e. his coverage is so good that his man doesn't even get the ball)

Dude, the kid is a DB, not a LB. Maybe he is such a good corner that he doesn't even need to resort to tackling(i.e. his coverage is so good that his man doesn't even get the ball)

:roflol: make it stop, make it stop :roflol::roflol:

They avoid running to his side :D And when they do - they run out of bounds.

Seriously though, I love the speed for a DB, but his height still has me wondering. I think he'd fit in with our WR's... just kidding.

I'm glad he chose Auburn and I hope he is the next Carlos Rogers. I have faith in our coaches, but I would just feel a little more comfortable seeing some height on our recruits. Not that my comfort zone should play a factor, but y'all know where I'm getting at. I'm not complaining, but you know what I mean.

but his height still has me wondering. I think he'd fit in with our WR's... just kidding.

LOL, this forum needs more sense of humor like that.

Hey Birmingham,

I would say that our DB's will have no trouble keeping Bammer out of the endzone in Bryant-Denny, but it will be hard to tell since Jimmy Johns snorted the goal line!!!!! Plus we need small recruits to dodge the bullets that are fired at anyone hanging around Julio Jones!!!!

How is that for humor!!!!

Hey Birmingham,

I would say that our DB's will have no trouble keeping Bammer out of the endzone in Bryant-Denny, but it will be hard to tell since Jimmy Johns snorted the goal line!!!!! Plus we need small recruits to dodge the bullets that are fired at anyone hanging around Julio Jones!!!!

Joke #1: Hilarious

Joke #2: Not that funny. If his friends uncle wasn't killed I might give it a chuckle.

If he can really do a 4.37 forty, he needs to be on kick-off and punt returns. I remember that Bama had a little guy several years ago that only did returns in the NFL (Palmer maybe?). With the changes in the kickoff line from last year, a team with a fast return guy has a real advantage, just like LSU currently has with Holliday. You just can't coach speed.

Hey Birmingham,

Joke #1: Hilarious

Joke #2: Not that funny. If his friends uncle wasn't killed I might give it a chuckle.

Boy was I wrong thinking bammers would keep a low profile today. Was JJ part of the process?

the process that JJ was a part of earned him an income uncommon with that of a normal college student. When are ya'll going to realize that "the process" is one of hard work that when it's all said and done the team and individual are better for having been through.

Chris Shelling was about this size. He was All SEC as I remember.

and All-American BTW..

FWIW Jerraud Powers was about his size coming into college..actually Jarraud isnt near 5'10. Jerraud is one of the best CB in the SEC.

I think this whole height debate is silly, but one thing to remember is these guys are in the summer before senior year. They will grow whether it be size or height or both.

the process that JJ was a part of earned him an income uncommon with that of a normal college student. When are ya'll going to realize that "the process" is one of hard work that when it's all said and done the team and individual are better for having been through.

An income uncommon with that of the normal college student, but right in line with Alabama football players, amirite? :poke:

I just don't understand how learning to behave like a civilized person is a "process". It shouldn't be that involved. I understand the random few who are going to be a problem on every team but why label it a process?Was there a process at LSU? Miami? Michigan State? Or is Bama the only place in need of this grand process?

Good stats on this guy. There aren't many 6'-1" good cb's available to recruit. 5'-11". 4.37 works all day long.

Good stats on this guy. There aren't many 6'-1" good cb's available to recruit. 5'-11". 4.37 works all day long.

Given the break-ups I'd be curious to know his vertical........is it listed anywhere?

Archived