Question about Raycom

McWeagle

I'm going to be at a wedding in San Francisco the weekend of 9/6, and the So Miss game is on Raycom. They obviously have no affiliates anywhere near there.

Question: is it possible to get Raycom games on PPV in other markets? I'm thinking no, but I want to exhaust all possibilities.

Also, is the satellite radio thing happening in time for this season?

Thanks for any feedback!

If you go to a sports bar or similar that has ESPN Gameplan you should be able to tell them to put a TV on the Auburn game. You should be able to tell prior to the weekend which games are going to be covered by ESPN Gameplan. Just looking at this schedule from last year http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/conte...assetId=1100030 every LF/Raycom game was covered for the first month, including Auburn - MSU. Even Auburn NMSU was covered.

The satellite radio thing is already in place. Last year it was on Sirius. This year it will be on XM. It's possible they could work out the details of the merger and make it available to Sirius customers by that time, but if you have XM you will definitely be able to get it.

The Southern Miss is scheduled to be on ESPN that evening. For RayCom games, ESPN360 may carry them on their web site for a subscription.

Get ESPN Gameplan and you will be fine

I suggest getting to the bar early though so you can stake out a TV

I remember in Houston going to some bars for the UGA game and I got crap from some for asking them to turn on some of the lower-end UGA games. Had to get there early to get a corner TV

I remember in Houston going to some bars for the UGA game and I got crap from some for asking them to turn on some of the lower-end UGA games. Had to get there early to get a corner TV

Getting to the bar early! Haha, its going to be 930 am out there...will the bar even be open??

The Southern Miss is scheduled to be on ESPN that evening. For RayCom games, ESPN360 may carry them on their web site for a subscription.

Unless there has been an update I haven't seen, the Auburn-Sou. Miss game is at 11:30am CDT with TV by Raycom. Are you saying ESPN will do a replay that night?

Getting to the bar early! Haha, its going to be 930 am out there...will the bar even be open??

Wow, good points both. I guess the good thing is that, if there is an open bar, it shouldn't be too crowded?

I looked up the local AU alumni club, and they meet for games at this place in Oakland called Ricky's. Their hours aren't posted on the website, so I'll call them after a bit to see what their Saturday hours are. However, it is obvious from the website that they're a hardcore Raiders bar. If you get a kick out of the Raider nation like I do, this video of their draft day party is hysterical... and a little scary...

http://www.rickys.com/videos/draft_day_2008.cfm

Wow, good points both. I guess the good thing is that, if there is an open bar, it shouldn't be too crowded?

I looked up the local AU alumni club, and they meet for games at this place in Oakland called Ricky's. Their hours aren't posted on the website, so I'll call them after a bit to see what their Saturday hours are. However, it is obvious from the website that they're a hardcore Raiders bar. If you get a kick out of the Raider nation like I do, this video of their draft day party is hysterical... and a little scary...

http://www.rickys.com/videos/draft_day_2008.cfm

You should be able to find a sportsbar in San Fran that's open early. I don't remember what it's called or where it's at, but I found one out there a couple of years ago and had breakfast and then beer and football at the bar, and it was VERY EARLY.

Unless there has been an update I haven't seen, the Auburn-Sou. Miss game is at 11:30am CDT with TV by Raycom. Are you saying ESPN will do a replay that night?

No, you are right.

Break in? :drink9:

and become the guy in your sig.

and become the guy in your sig.

You gotta do what you gotta do to see your school play

B)

Archived