West Vance

kwagoner

I've seen UAT referenced as "West Vance" a number of times on this board and have turned my wheels to find the reason.

I may seem like an idiot for asking, but where does this originate? I know that there is a town to the east of Tuscaloosa called Vance and that there is an East Tuscaloosa. Is that it or am I missing a punch line somewhere. While excusing my lack of knowledge, please explain if there is an explanation.

Guest BoStillKnows

I've seen UAT referenced as "West Vance" a number of times on this board and have turned my wheels to find the reason.

I may seem like an idiot for asking, but where does this originate? I know that there is a town to the east of Tuscaloosa called Vance and that there is an East Tuscaloosa. Is that it or am I missing a punch line somewhere. While excusing my lack of knowledge, please explain if there is an explanation.

Let me give you a visual perspective. If I was facing north and the right side of my chest was Vance, my left armpit would be Tuscaloosa. Since that is to the west, the term West Vance is a little more respectful than the alternative.

I've grasped the concept of direction. Had it down for quite some time now. I realize the proximity of the towns to one another. I was merely asking if there was more to it than that.

the term West Vance is a little more respectful than the alternative

That is what I assumed.

Vance is a tiny spot on a map. They have a Mercedes Plant there. It's just a size Pun on Tuscaloosa.

I have a friend who is the plant manager at the Scotts fertilizer plant and he told me that Vance was annexed into Tuscalooser so they could reap the tax benefits from them and the Mercedes plant.

Archived