Am I on Probation here?

AUisAll

I noticed the word "warn" below my name. Am I crossing a line here? If so, let me know and I will correct it because I do enjoy this site and don't want to get booted.

I noticed the word "warn" below my name. Am I crossing a line here? If so, let me know and I will correct it because I do enjoy this site and don't want to get booted.

You will lose 5 scholorships for the next 2 years and no bowl games. Sorry, stop cheating.

Seriously, I think the warn thing is just something to tell you that you are "pissing" people off. I think everyone has that under their name.

No, the warning meter thing was activated a while back and is just something we did to allow moderators to get someone under control and restrict their posting temporarily when an admin isn't around. We had some issues after games last year where some idiot was being abusive or out of control and wouldn't listen to calls to stop. But the result was an endless game of Whack-a-mole where the loser would post and repost their crap and the mod would delete, edit or lock it. At some point you just need to put the person in timeout until they remember they are an adult. So we activated the warning panel which gives mods that ability.

The result is that you can see a Warn meter under your name only (not others). And there's not really a scale. You're either warned (which would show 100%) or you're not (0%).

Bottom line, you're fine. If you look there and you see 100%, you can click and see what you were warned about but you would have already been contacted either on the board or via PM if you were causing a problem.

Thanks a bunch. I wondered why I was the only one with it. I'm glad I'm at 0% I guess. Maybe I need to get to 50%.

I know I reached 100% on 2 bama boards quickly because I was banned before I even memorized my password. It is strange why the UA boards I go to have a zero tolerance for opposing views but every AU board I go to allows bammers to post.

Hmmmmm. Can we say paronoia?

Thanks a bunch. I wondered why I was the only one with it. I'm glad I'm at 0% I guess. Maybe I need to get to 50%.

I know I reached 100% on 2 bama boards quickly because I was banned before I even memorized my password. It is strange why the UA boards I go to have a zero tolerance for opposing views but every AU board I go to allows bammers to post.

impossible to get to 50%. Like titan said, you are either warned (100%) or you aren't. It's merely a way for the mods and admins to reign in an assclown that won't listen to mods.

That is why you don't see many of us with active memberships on that board. Most of us have been banned from the main UAT boards after just a couple of posts.

How long do you stay "warned"?

Just depends on the situation. Someone who gets out of line one time but has never been a problem before probably wouldn't be on warning long at all. People that have been straddling the line for a while might be on the hot seat for longer.

You are on double secret probation :)

ROAD TRIP!!! :lol:

:au::homer:

I've got my eye on you.

We need a smilie that makes the gesture to go along with that. We would wear it out using it on AUesquire.

I've got my eye on you.

We need a smilie that makes the gesture to go along with that. We would wear it out using it on AUesquire.

Little animated frowning face with an arm and fingers in a v pointing to his eyes then out at the user.

Or this: watching%20you.gif

Archived