Let's think before we speak...

jared52

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,405161,00.html

The last line floored me. Why not have people think about drinking and driving before texting and driving. Both are dumb (I've been known to text and drive so I'm guilty here), but I think the drinking is MUCH worse than the texting. Maybe that's just me.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,405161,00.html

The last line floored me. Why not have people think about drinking and driving before texting and driving. Both are dumb (I've been known to text and drive so I'm guilty here), but I think the drinking is MUCH worse than the texting. Maybe that's just me.

If you run over and kill a kid, what difference does it make whether you were operating the vehicle negligently by drinking or texting?

Why should people who drive negligently due to drinking be punished any differently than those driving the same way due to texting?

All automobiles should be equipped with a breathalizer ignition and a device that disables all cell phones.

Why should people who drive negligently due to drinking be punished any differently than those driving the same way due to texting?

All automobiles should be equipped with a breathalizer ignition and a device that disables all cell phones.

Good point, but I would be more concerned with my kid drinking at 16 than texting.

On the other point, Big Brother much? :)

Good point, but I would be more concerned with my kid drinking at 16 than texting.

No, this would keep info from Big Brother. Big Brother is alive and well in the fact that every cell phone call is traceable to the location it was made and the number the user is communicating with.

No, this would keep info from Big Brother. Big Brother is alive and well in the fact that every cell phone call is traceable to the location it was made and the number the user is communicating with.

Which is kind of a good thing. With that technology you can make a call to 911 and they can find you without you having to be able to give coherent information.

Archived