Rodney Scott

AU Cav

Scout has an article up about Scott saying he has three favorites now... judging by his bio sheet it looks like Auburn, South Carolina, and Ole' Miss with medium interest. They show South Florida as low interest. What gives? Does anyone have a clear idea what he's thinking and where the Auburn staff stands on him right now?

latest news i'd read said he was seriously considering maintaining his commitment. we'd lose him to a UF offer for sure, but i'm pretty sure the only other school he has serious interest in is USF.

I wish he would just go ahead and de-commit

i'd rather he just stuck with it. you people and your knee-jerk reactions to high school kids' decisions. relax some.

I wish he would just go ahead and de-commit

i'd rather he just stuck with it. you people and your knee-jerk reactions to high school kids' decisions. relax some.

I'd love to have him. I think he'll be a pretty dang good RB wherever he goes.

I apologize. I did not mean it in a sense of, "if he don't know then I don't want him". I meant it more as an assumption that he wasn't going to stay and I would rather open up the spot and not have recruits decide not to come based on the fact that we have a great back already.

I would absolutely love it if he stayed. I just keep getting info that he isn't so I would rather he just go ahead and decommit so we can open up the other spot.

I would absolutely love it if he stayed. I just keep getting info that he isn't so I would rather he just go ahead and decommit so we can open up the other spot.

He has already de-committed and there is no other spot. The coaches haven't counted Scott as a commitment for a while now, hence why the AU Scout site removed Scott a long time ago. IMO the guys at the AU Rivals site are keeping Scott as a "soft verbal" because he is one of the most highly rated guys we have committed so far.

He has already de-committed and there is no other spot. The coaches haven't counted Scott as a commitment for a while now, hence why the AU Scout site removed Scott a long time ago. IMO the guys at the AU Rivals site are keeping Scott as a "soft verbal" because he is one of the most highly rated guys we have committed so far.

I'm hoping you're wrong the same way you predicted Courtney Upshaw to switch to Auburn last season.

I'm hoping you're wrong the same way you predicted Courtney Upshaw to switch to Auburn last season.

:roflol:

Mind explaining to me how a guy who just said that he has "3 favorites" is committed? Scott has been carrying out his recruitment in the fashion that a guy who is currently not committed to any school would, and we've done the same thing. The guys at Rivals obviously dont want to drop him because of his star rating.

If you read his quotes...he's scared of the offense. He's worried about getting the ball in his hands in this offense. That's why he likes South Carolina...the run the I...according to him. SO we are getting hit hard by other teams recruiting against the spread. It might take a yr or so of this offense making some running back look good before we can get another top tier running back...

He probably wants to go to auburn, but at the same time is looking out for #1 (which he should) He'll make his decision once he sees the offense. If he thinks he'll get the touches, he'll go our way, if not he'll check out other places.

He probably wants to go to auburn, but at the same time is looking out for #1 (which he should) He'll make his decision once he sees the offense. If he thinks he'll get the touches, he'll go our way, if not he'll check out other places.

If the offense is unsuccessful for our running backs, we will have much more important problems than Scott going somewhere else.

If the offense is unsuccessful for our running backs, we will have much more important problems than Scott going somewhere else.

excellent point

:roflol:

Mind explaining to me how a guy who just said that he has "3 favorites" is committed? Scott has been carrying out his recruitment in the fashion that a guy who is currently not committed to any school would, and we've done the same thing. The guys at Rivals obviously dont want to drop him because of his star rating.

Is that what the Rivals guys are doing, or is that your opinion? Have the coaches given up on Scott, or is that another opinion? I'd like to know where you get off saying that the coaches aren't counting Scott as a commitment anymore. I know for a fact that his picture is still on the bulletin board of commitments in the recruiting office, so obviously somebody in the department thinks he's committed.

metafour, how do you feel about the fact that the rivals guys are now starting to say that the coaches are getting very good vibes about scott sticking with us? if your info is so solid, how can this be so? just admit you're getting info from the guy at the checkout counter at big lots and let the analysts handle it.

i'm just picking on you, but the kid is committed to auburn, whether you want to assert that he is or not. we have plenty of kids taking officials other places that are committed to us, and there are kids committed to other schools taking officials to auburn. there's no way to blame them for that. he's said he feels like he made a hasty decision, but the fact that he hasn't backed out on it fully is good news for auburn. i have a good feeling about the kid.

metafour, how do you feel about the fact that the rivals guys are now starting to say that the coaches are getting very good vibes about scott sticking with us? if your info is so solid, how can this be so? just admit you're getting info from the guy at the checkout counter at big lots and let the analysts handle it.

i'm just picking on you, but the kid is committed to auburn, whether you want to assert that he is or not. we have plenty of kids taking officials other places that are committed to us, and there are kids committed to other schools taking officials to auburn. there's no way to blame them for that. he's said he feels like he made a hasty decision, but the fact that he hasn't backed out on it fully is good news for auburn. i have a good feeling about the kid.

I had the same good feelings about Fortson last year. Once bitten, ...

Fortson hit me especially hard.

There is a difference between a kid who is committed and taking visits elsewhere and a kid who is clearly uncommitted and has completely re-opened his recruitment. When a kid openly states that he has '3 favorites' does that sound like a guy who is committed to any one school? Scott right now is in the same position as Enrique Davis late last class in which the recruitment is clearly open again.

PS: I never said that Scott definitely wouldn't end up signing, just that at this point he is not committed to us. For what its worth, even if Scott wants to come he may get left out depending on the status of McCalleb. Last I heard if McCalleb makes the grades at prep there wont be room for Scott.

If McCalebb goes to prep school, makes the grades and is able to enroll at AU in January.....that's the guy I want. Based on his recent statements, he is fired up about playing for AU. At this point, the 2 guys look similar on paper....I'll take the guy with heart.

Archived