Richt trying to get any and all super-duper secrets

SouthLink02

http://blog.al.com/breaking/2008/09/georgi...richt_gets.html

Lorenzo Washington saw a familiar face watching the Alabama-Clemson game: Georgia coach Mark Richt, who recruited him.

The Tide apparently gave him an eyeful in the 34-10 win.

"My friends who were at the game saw him and said he was texting the whole game and had stuff written up on his arm," the defensive end said. "People are starting to think about us."

Richt had two good reasons to want to see the game. His son, Jon, is a freshman quarterback for Clemson. The Bulldogs, who played earlier in the day, also face Alabama on Sept. 27.

Saban said Richt called him to make sure it would be OK for him to attend the game.

"I said you'll absolutely be more than welcome," said Saban, who also has a son away at college. "He's going to see the game, on tape, and I think family should come first. It'll probably be one of the few opportunities he'll have all season to see his son."

Richt said it was worth it to see Jon trot onto the field and give him a hug afterward. He said he watched from "very high in the end zone" and appreciated Saban's response to the call.

"I thought it was a proper courtesy to let him know," he said. "If he'd have said, 'You know what, I don't feel good about you being there,' I wouldn't have gone. But he was very gracious."

Lorenzo nailed Richt. Nevermind he was watching around tons of people up in the stadium AND went onto the field to tell his son good job afterwards with a short-sleeve shirt......and nevermind that Alabama was on National TV with tapes available....yes, Richt was writing things "on his arm" and texting people as much as possible to get any and all advantage

Moron

1) What would he be writing on his arm? I don't understand that all?

2) Who would he be texting? Other recruits to look for him on tv?

3) I didn't realize his son was a QB at Clemson. That is odd. He didn't want to play for his dad? I'm assuming he isn't a big time recruit.

4) What did LW mean by "People are starting to think about us." ???

5) Nice to ask for permission and all, but seeing that his son was there - I wouldn't think permission would be needed. Seems odd...

There is a rule. Coach Saban said that if the NCAA contacted Richt about a violation than he would petition it.

For the record, Nick Saban isn't nearly as bad as some Auburn fans make him out to be.

3) I didn't realize his son was a QB at Clemson. That is odd. He didn't want to play for his dad? I'm assuming he isn't a big time recruit.

He basically told Jon he didn't want him at UGA

"I felt like it was going to be tough, especially at the quarterback position, to have your son playing for you," said the elder Richt, coach of the No. 1 team in the nation. "I didn't want the pressure of trying to be unbiased because I'm not unbiased. I love the kid. I see the positives in him. I didn't want to put the pressure on our staff that way, and I didn't want my wife, who's our water girl, to tell me who should start at quarterback."

Mark Richt also believes college is a time when a teen strikes out on his own, outside his parents' influence. "And it's hard to do if you're right there in that same town," Richt said.

http://www.heraldonline.com/205/story/757085.html

Mark Richt also believes college is a time when a teen strikes out on his own, outside his parents' influence. "And it's hard to do if you're right there in that same town," Richt said.

Hard to argue with that. Especially when one's parents are high profile.

Some people's stupidity never seems to stop amazing me. They don't have notepads in Athens or Atlanta? Who cares who Richt is texting, maybe he was telling one of his assitant coaches to make sure Stafford was somewhat sober the rest of the weekend.

Well we know there's no lack of stupidity requirement to play in the NFL.

even though i don't see it as necessary, i think its pretty cool that Richt called Saban about attending. that also in part may have been in case a reporter asked Saban about it he would know instead of saying "i have no idea why he was there". as far as the Washington comment, i don't see what it would matter. Richt would have film on the game anyways and we didn't really show much on offense and never even ran any blitz packages during the game, just a regular 4 man rush. even if Richt was doing a little scouting, who cares?

even though i don't see it as necessary, i think its pretty cool that Richt called Saban about attending. that also in part may have been in case a reporter asked Saban about it he would know instead of saying "i have no idea why he was there". as far as the Washington comment, i don't see what it would matter. Richt would have film on the game anyways and we didn't really show much on offense and never even ran any blitz packages during the game, just a regular 4 man rush. even if Richt was doing a little scouting, who cares?

Yeah, I agree runs. It was a nice courtesy, that's all. I would hope that the NCAA wouldn't give a rip about a father wanting to see his son play. Plus, I GUARANDAMNTEE you that you can see a hellava lot more on a game film than you can see from the stands. I applaud CNS (even though I still don't like the guy) for giving Richt his blessings to attend the game.

How does anyone know he was txting , He could have been taking notes, why write on his arm, who knows who cares.

I can see him sitting there an having good ideas come to mind and either take notes or send himself e--mails for later use. When was the last time you went somewhere and was disengaged.

It is amazing how things get spun out of control.

http://blog.al.com/breaking/2008/09/georgi...richt_gets.html

Lorenzo Washington saw a familiar face watching the Alabama-Clemson game: Georgia coach Mark Richt, who recruited him.

The Tide apparently gave him an eyeful in the 34-10 win.

"My friends who were at the game saw him and said he was texting the whole game and had stuff written up on his arm," the defensive end said. "People are starting to think about us."

Richt had two good reasons to want to see the game. His son, Jon, is a freshman quarterback for Clemson. The Bulldogs, who played earlier in the day, also face Alabama on Sept. 27.

Saban said Richt called him to make sure it would be OK for him to attend the game.

"I said you'll absolutely be more than welcome," said Saban, who also has a son away at college. "He's going to see the game, on tape, and I think family should come first. It'll probably be one of the few opportunities he'll have all season to see his son."

Richt said it was worth it to see Jon trot onto the field and give him a hug afterward. He said he watched from "very high in the end zone" and appreciated Saban's response to the call.

"I thought it was a proper courtesy to let him know," he said. "If he'd have said, 'You know what, I don't feel good about you being there,' I wouldn't have gone. But he was very gracious."

Lorenzo nailed Richt. Nevermind he was watching around tons of people up in the stadium AND went onto the field to tell his son good job afterwards with a short-sleeve shirt......and nevermind that Alabama was on National TV with tapes available....yes, Richt was writing things "on his arm" and texting people as much as possible to get any and all advantage

Moron

still prefer bama's fans over LSU's? B) the biggest problem in this state is the biggest ones work in the media.

Archived