Moseley commits to Auburn

metafour

Meta I've also heard that Moseley could possibly take the baseball route and go pro. You know anything about that?

Haven't heard anything about him being any good in baseball...

I know that it's a difficult year, but losing guys to Mississippi schools is getting old. It sounds as if the Cotton to Ole Miss theory is right. Clint was quoted as saying that Chizik told him that he "was their guy," which sounds like 'cruitin' lingo for "the guy we've been waiting on told us no."

Mosely's better than Cotton.

It seems to be a general belief that Moseley's passing skills are better right now than Cotton's passing skills. The thought is that those skill might allow Moseley to be better prepared right now. But, from the looks from the pics, he won't be physically ready for the SEC for a couple of years. What could Ray Cotton do in the two (or three) years that Moseley needs to gain weight and get stronger?

Neither is ready to play right now, Cotton has better upside, I therefore would have preferred Cotton.

Nothing against Moseley, but recruiting starts after the '09 signing day and Malzahn and company will be looking for a big-time QB then. We needed a QB in this class but I doubt that this would be the direction we went if these guys were here 8-10 months ago.

Then why even waste a scholarship? I mean, sounds like Caudle part II.

We need a QB in this class and I'm sure the staff likes Moseley, just saying that they are going to be out recruiting studs next year and I doubt that this signing is going to satisfy them at all at the position.

Is there a large talent pool in the area? Maybe it is to network for future classes? Who knows why they offered the guy. Maybe they saw something in him.

Wonder if he'll bump up some before signing day. Plus, you never know how a guy will develop in the next few years and qb depth isn't a bad thing.

What's that old tale about Spurrier taking the previously 5th qb on the depth chart when he got to Florida and turned him into a starter. It's wait and see with Moseley but I'm glad we got him.

Last year, everybody was all ga ga over Barret Trotter. He is a redshirt freshman and is still a good quarterback. I thought Neil Caudle should have been given a chance to play last year. Whenever he got in, he did very well.

Last year, everybody was all ga ga over Barret Trotter.

FWIW I wouldn't be surprised if Trotter is the favorite to start next season. He was apparently having a very impressive redshirt year and there is no doubt that he is very likely a better passer than Kodi.

From the most reputable poster on Rivals TIFWIW

4 years from now, this kid will be 225 pounds and 6'4" tall with a cannon for an arm and 4.65 speed. He has a 4.0 and will spit tobacco in your face.

I predict he will set every passing record at AU under Malzahn and will be an NFL QB. Please save this and I will stand behind it. Of course anything can happen like an injury, but all things equal, that is how strong I feel about this kid.

The admins at ITAT seem to think assuming that Cotton is now going to Ole Miss is speculation run amok. There's nothing that says we're only signing one QB.

I don't think we would have offered Moseley if Cotton had not turned us down. Chizik stated from the get go he was taking "one great QB this year." Cotton, Ole Miss, very likely.

I don't think we would have offered Moseley if Cotton had not turned us down. Chizik stated from the get go he was taking "one great QB this year." Cotton, Ole Miss, very likely.

Unless of course, decommits and probable decommits opened up enough schollys to keep this kid and Cotton off of Ole Miss' roster.

They can let one of the 34 rbs take the snaps.

Then why even waste a scholarship? I mean, sounds like Caudle part II.

Dude he was Mr freaking football in the state. He thew for almost 4,000 yards and rushed for almost 700

he had combined 50 touchdowns last year Yep he sucked alright he is 6' 4 '' tall and has a great arm.

He was a 3 star B/C he played at a small school Period. if he would have played at hoover and had those #'s

He would have been every one's # 1 choice. I know some are selling him short, But this kids a winner!

JMHO

He was also the ESPN/Gatorade State Player of the Year, as well. I'm stoked about the commitment. Towards the end of Raymond Cotton's recruitment, I started growing more and more tired of hearing his father speak for him and I feel that he (with help from his father) will possibly be cancer on any team that doesn't play him within two years.

Clint Moseley is a proven winner at whatever he does, has a Great Arm, has a throwing motion and relise that reminds me of Jason Campbell, he's 6'4" and right now weights 200 +/- 2lbs, plus he's a little faster than the listed 4.71.

Again, I'm extremely happy with his decision and I couldn't give two S**** who or who didn't offer. But, the fact that he didn't go to that many camps, or no camps at all, because of his commitment to the Leroy Baseball team that has won 2 Championships....might've led to not that many offers. I'll tell you this, schools were interested.

Archived