Moseley commits to Auburn

metafour

Glad to have your arm, your mind, and your willingness to attend AU. I feel very good about you playing for the Tigers.

This is interesting...a good bit more busts than anything but some ended up being pretty good players.

Mr. Football for the State of Alabama

1982- Tommy Compton - Vigor - North Alabama

1983- Freddy Weygand - Emma Sasnom - Auburn

1984- Roderick Green - Gardendale - Southern Miss

1985- Pierre Goode - Hazlewood - Alabama

1986- Larry Ware - Lee Montgomery - Georgia

1987- Robert Jones - Parker - Alabama

1988- Darrell Williams - Vigor - Auburn

1989- Steven Coleman - Pike County - Troy State

1990- David Palmer - Jackson-Olin - Alabama

1991- Robert Davis - Homewood - LSU

1992- Freddie Kitchens - Etowah - Alabama

1993- Thomas Banks - West Jefferson - UAB

1994- Dawud Rasheed - Shades Valley - Duke

1995- Gorman Thorton - Jeff Davis - Alabama

1996- Antoneyo Williams - Central Tuscaloosa - Alabama

1997- Mac Campbell - Alexandria - UAB

1998- DeMarco McNeil - Blount - Auburn

1999- Corey Whisenant - Springville - UAB

2000- Carnell Williams - Etowah - Auburn

2001- Brandon Cox - Hewitt-Trussville - Auburn

2002- JaMarcus Russell - Williamson - LSU

2003- Chris Nickson - Pike County - Vanderbilt

2004- Jarod Bryant - Hoover - Navy

2005- Andre Smith - Huffman - Alabama

2006- Larry Smith - Prattville - Vanderbilt

2007- Julio Jones - Foley - Alabama

2008- Clint Moseley - LeRoy - Auburn

http://www.ahsfhs.org/allstate/mrfootball.asp

This is interesting...a good bit more busts than anything but some ended up being pretty good players.

Mr. Football for the State of Alabama

1982- Tommy Compton - Vigor - North Alabama

1983- Freddy Weygand - Emma Sasnom - Auburn

1984- Roderick Green - Gardendale - Southern Miss

1985- Pierre Goode - Hazlewood - Alabama

1986- Larry Ware - Lee Montgomery - Georgia

1987- Robert Jones - Parker - Alabama

1988- Darrell Williams - Vigor - Auburn

1989- Steven Coleman - Pike County - Troy State

1990- David Palmer - Jackson-Olin - Alabama

1991- Robert Davis - Homewood - LSU

1992- Freddie Kitchens - Etowah - Alabama

1993- Thomas Banks - West Jefferson - UAB

1994- Dawud Rasheed - Shades Valley - Duke

1995- Gorman Thorton - Jeff Davis - Alabama

1996- Antoneyo Williams - Central Tuscaloosa - Alabama

1997- Mac Campbell - Alexandria - UAB

1998- DeMarco McNeil - Blount - Auburn

1999- Corey Whisenant - Springville - UAB

2000- Carnell Williams - Etowah - Auburn

2001- Brandon Cox - Hewitt-Trussville - Auburn

2002- JaMarcus Russell - Williamson - LSU

2003- Chris Nickson - Pike County - Vanderbilt

2004- Jarod Bryant - Hoover - Navy

2005- Andre Smith - Huffman - Alabama

2006- Larry Smith - Prattville - Vanderbilt

2007- Julio Jones - Foley - Alabama

2008- Clint Moseley - LeRoy - Auburn

http://www.ahsfhs.org/allstate/mrfootball.asp

I'm not old enough to know a lot of the names from earlier on the list, but everyone in the last ten years turned out to be a pretty decent player (with the exception of Whisenant, but he had an unfortunate incident involving an assailant and a tire iron...he was a helluva player in H.S. and might could have been somebody at UAB). Just looking at the names on that list between 1998 and now makes me think that Moseley has a good chance to make some noise.

Then why even waste a scholarship? I mean, sounds like Caudle part II.

Yeah, and Raymond Cotton could possibly be Deron Furr part II (anybody else see the similiarities).

Listen, Moseley has been nothing but a WINNER since he started playing ball. He expects to win at everything he does. I believe the only reason bammer wasn't offering this guy is because they already have McCarron. I'm excited to have him and I think he will do very well.

Either way, we have sunk pretty low when we start slamming KIDS that choose to play for Auburn.

Meta so this probably means Cotton to Ole Miss huh?

Egggg-zactly. And again, so I CAN beat this horse senseless, this board would be having a hissy if Tubs had lost Cotton to Ole Mess. Cheeze Whiz is doing a great job of getting guys who are wanted badly by UAB and Arkansas State.... "WAKE UP AMUHRICA!!!" Fire Jacobs and Gogue NOW!!!

If he does manage to get Cotton too, I apologize in advance...but I don't believe that's going to happen.

:au::homer:

Yeah, because we'd expect an established coach with a 10-year tenure at the school to do better than a guy who has just taken the job.

Like I said on another thread, do the search and you'll see more than one or two people hand-wringing and saying the Cotton's 4-stars were more about upside than actually being ready to come in and seriously compete for the job right away. He had the worst accuracy at the camp with other hot shots like Massakowski. Everyone says he can throw through a brick wall, if he can hit the wall. He only completed 51% of his passes, has bad mechanics...blah, blah, blah. Sounds a lot like someone we already have.

And this was when he was solid to AU and Moseley wasn't even on the radar. So can we please stop acting like we just lost the next Joe Montana so we could sign Freddie Kitchens?

The admins at ITAT seem to think assuming that Cotton is now going to Ole Miss is speculation run amok. There's nothing that says we're only signing one QB.

I've seen a couple of articles where Chizik stated they were only looking to get one QB this year. There's really no need, with Caudle, Burns, and Trotter being a RS junior, junior, and RS freshman next fall. That doesn't mean they will only sign one QB, as there's multiple variables in that whole process, but it sounds like that was their intentions.

Sounds like to me a good add. Both from a player standpoint and a reputation standpoint. AU should be in the running for Mr. Alabama football every year, regardless of starzzz

The admins at ITAT seem to think assuming that Cotton is now going to Ole Miss is speculation run amok. There's nothing that says we're only signing one QB.

I've seen a couple of articles where Chizik stated they were only looking to get one QB this year. There's really no need, with Caudle, Burns, and Trotter being a RS junior, junior, and RS freshman next fall. That doesn't mean they will only sign one QB, as there's multiple variables in that whole process, but it sounds like that was their intentions.

He said he wanted to sign "one great QB." That's not the same as "one QB no matter what." If Cotton wants to come, we'll sign both.

I too am pleased with the commitment ... I want to get the players that really wish to be here rather than the ones to feel AU should bow before them if they do come.

I've yet to understand everyone's fascination with Cotton other than his physical tools. Let me ask you, if we had a choice between Brandon Cox and Kodi Burns who would you choose based on their performances. If you had a choice between Chad Pennington or Daunte Cullpepper who would you choose. It doesn't all come down to physical tools, in fact it rarely does, Moseley has shown a much better grasp of the passing game and a better ability at reading coverages, as much as people like to say that can be learned a lot of evidence suggests otherwise.

We are not going to be playing a true freshman @ QB in the SEC so the argument's bogus that Clint's a better sign just because Cotton's more of a "project" than Clint. Both of these QBs are the real deal and (assuming we could get either...a big if) I'll defer to the coaches who know what they want in a QB.

Re. the earlier Question re. picking between 2 good QBs, who would YOU pick, a hall of fame scrambler or a hall of fame pocket passer? Answer: who best fits your system, Steve Young or Dan Marino?

He said he wanted to sign "one great QB." That's not the same as "one QB no matter what." If Cotton wants to come, we'll sign both.

Cotton is done. Now if Rollison wanted to come, we'd take him.

Depending on his birthday, Moseley is 17, and will probably be 18 when he arrives in Auburn. Strength and conditioning will make him bigger and stronger. CGM will make him smarter and wiser.

No guarantees, but I expect him to continue his winning ways when he's ready.

I think Cotton is done if Cotton wants to be done. If he wants to come to Auburn, I hardly think we'll turn him down. But that's just my opinion. Not claiming inside info.

Archived