arkansas game thread

kickinwang

Another good (and expected) win. These are the type of games AU needs to continue to win to get to the NIT. Win 4 or 5 of the next 7 and we'll be good to go (theoretically - I'm still disturbed the team didn't make the NIT a couple of years ago with a .500 SEC record).

I remember when a 9-7 SEC record basically guaranteed an NCAA birth. Apparently that is no longer the case.

75-62 final. We outscored them by 21 in the second half. 14 points off the bench for Waller. Barrett, Hargrove and Reed all scored in double digits. Vot had 11 rebounds.

Another good (and expected) win. These are the type of games AU needs to continue to win to get to the NIT. Win 4 or 5 of the next 7 and we'll be good to go (theoretically - I'm still disturbed the team didn't make the NIT a couple of years ago with a .500 SEC record).

I remember when a 9-7 SEC record basically guaranteed an NCAA birth. Apparently that is no longer the case.

We have 3 home games left, 4 road games, and 1 guaranteed neutral site SEC tourney game.

We need to win at least 2 of the three home games left (MSU, Ole Miss, LSU) and beat Bama and Georgia on the road. That will get us to 18-12 (8-8) going into the SEC tourney, and with a win in the first round there we should be NIT worthy.

We have 3 home games left, 4 road games, and 1 guaranteed neutral site SEC tourney game.

We need to win at least 2 of the three home games left (MSU, Ole Miss, LSU) and beat Bama and Georgia on the road. That will get us to 18-12 (8-8) going into the SEC tourney, and with a win in the first round there we should be NIT worthy.

The team is 15-9. going 5-3 makes us 20-12 ;)

announced crowd of 4,347. smallest announced crowd in 3 years. i'd imagine more than a few of those were there from montgomery to see arkansas' courtney fortson (btw who got a technical on auburn's first in-bounds play...proceed to foul out, and then pick up another technical)

announced crowd of 4,347. smallest announced crowd in 3 years. i'd imagine more than a few of those were there from montgomery to see arkansas' courtney fortson (btw who got a technical on auburn's first in-bounds play...proceed to foul out, and then pick up another technical)

Getting to a wednesday game is hard. The students should be at least getting more than that in there especially when its only what 2 buck to go to a game? I bet the women games have bigger crowds.

That 2006-2007 team went 7 and 9 in conference and 17 and 15 overall. They probably would have received an NIT bid under the old NIT format.

Getting to a wednesday game is hard. The students should be at least getting more than that in there especially when its only what 2 buck to go to a game? I bet the women games have bigger crowds.

It is only $2 for students and the first 500 get in free.

Fortson had a rough 2nd half. He made a lot of mistakes. he looked like the freshman that he is playing on the road in the SEC. He is going to be a really good one though.

That 2006-2007 team went 7 and 9 in conference and 17 and 15 overall. They probably would have received an NIT bid under the old NIT format.

Ahh... 7-9 my bad. Still, I thought they deserved a bid that year.

Particularly when they were one minute away from tying for the SEC West (division championship?) - and I believe they had the tiebreaker. Oh well. A lot of the same guys are still around. Hopefully we'll see that experience pay off this year . . .

Particularly when they were one minute away from tying for the SEC West (division championship?) - and I believe they had the tiebreaker. Oh well. A lot of the same guys are still around. Hopefully we'll see that experience pay off this year . . .

That Ole Miss loss was brutal. A win would have put Auburn at 8-8 and dropped Ole Miss to 7-9 (along with Arkansas). Mississippi State wound up 8-8 and had the tiebreaker over Auburn (they beat Auburn twice). Obviously, Auburn would have been the #2 in Atlanta and had Thursday off to face the West 6 (LSU) and East 3 (Tennessee) winner on Friday. LSU shocked Tenn. in overtime (keeping the Vols as the only team never to see Saturday in the SEC Tourney following the conference expansion, a dubious distinction that they rid themselves of last year amid the tornado in Atlanta) and Ole Miss spanked LSU on Friday in what should have been Auburn's slot. They really blew that Ole Miss game in the last minute. Instead, Auburn wast the West 4 and got spanked by the East 5 Georgia team 80-65 in Atlanta. Once again Auburn was one and done. Let's hope for better results in Tampa next month.

Archived