Auburn vs. LSU

Ryan Sanders

Lost by 7 on the road to the best team in the league (11-1 right now). I am disappointed right now, but it could be worse. See Georgia.

Hopefully we rebound against Ole Miss this week at home (which I think we will).

I don't want to ever here LSU fans complain about referees in any sport any more, this is just getting ridiculous, maybe they should pull an ambulance inside just to be safe with the way the officials are letting everything go.

Are you texting this from the game? How would you be able to judge the referees unless you were watching the game?

Sounds like another excuse.

And it sounds like you're being a know-it-all again, which is why no one really likes you here. God forbid I get frustrated during a game and post my opinion, the same opinion that was being voiced by the announcers.

Doesn't matter anyways, beating a team that shoots 21-22 from the FT line is pretty hard, good effort tonight, at the least we're improving but I do agree that shooting free throws should not be a problem for our team when it's a guard heavy, short team.

I don't want to ever here LSU fans complain about referees in any sport any more, this is just getting ridiculous, maybe they should pull an ambulance inside just to be safe with the way the officials are letting everything go.

Are you texting this from the game? How would you be able to judge the referees unless you were watching the game?

And it sounds like you're being a know-it-all again, which is why no one really likes you here. God forbid I get frustrated during a game and post my opinion, the same opinion that was being voiced by the announcers.

Doesn't matter anyways, beating a team that shoots 21-22 from the FT line is pretty hard, good effort tonight, at the least we're improving but I do agree that shooting free throws should not be a problem for our team when it's a guard heavy, short team.

how dare you question the god of all things basketball? :puke:

Couldn't see it, but judging from the box, it looks like LSU worked us over pretty good on the boards. Getting outrebounded 38-24 is a good way to end up on the short end of the stick, but it looked like we played pretty well otherwise. LSU made their FTs down the stretch and all game. We've had some efforts that were discouraging this year, but this is not one of them.

Looks like the boys fought hard, and lost on the road. Nothing to get too upset about. The teams is headed in the right direction. At the very least I should be able to see a couple of NIT games.

Not really an excuse. If you watch much basketball in general you'd know the home crowd can easily influence how frequently the refs blow the whistle. That's part of the reason it is difficult to win on the road.

I'm not saying that's why we lost. We lost because of missed free throws and getting out rebounded by 14. But a ref that is happy on the whistle blowing can influence the game if he wants.

Feel free to give your opinions. That is what this board is all about. But if you have no facts or reasons to back up your opinions, why state it? I could state that the Stimulus is a great idea until people bash me with facts. Frankly, I know about 1% of the stimulus package, therefore my opinion really means crap.

Maybe I should give opinions on the Iraqi War, which I know very little about as well.

My point is - why would you state something when you haven't even seen it. Basically what you are doing is no different than the telephone game. If you tell somebody who has no opinion and doesn't understand the economy, "George Bush was an idiot and is the reason why the country is in the craphole it is in today" - you would expect them to relay it, they should go around stating the same thing even though they know crap about the situation.

You didn't see the game. So how can you judge the referees?

Maybe if we could make FT's we would've won this game. But that won't EVER happen.

Please don't feed the troll uater

Down 71-68 late in the contest, a Lucas Hargrove three pointer missed and the Fighting Tigers hit their free throws to pull away to secure the victory. Trent Johnson’s Tigers hit 21-22 free throws for the game, including 20-21 in the second half and 10-10 in the final four minutes.

Auburn was 7-13 from the foul line for the game and 5-11 in the second half.

Tell of the tale. Ballgame! Great fight, but this isn't going to get it done. LSU went 21-22 at the line!! AUsome for them.

Not really an excuse. If you watch much basketball in general you'd know the home crowd can easily influence how frequently the refs blow the whistle. That's part of the reason it is difficult to win on the road.

I'm not saying that's why we lost. We lost because of missed free throws and getting out rebounded by 14. But a ref that is happy on the whistle blowing can influence the game if he wants.

Sounds like FriedChicken has a point. Evan Woodberry seems to agree.

http://blog.al.com/auburnbeat/2009/02/aubu...ical_battl.html

Feel free to give your opinions. That is what this board is all about. But if you have no facts or reasons to back up your opinions, why state it? I could state that the Stimulus is a great idea until people bash me with facts. Frankly, I know about 1% of the stimulus package, therefore my opinion really means crap.

Maybe I should give opinions on the Iraqi War, which I know very little about as well.

My point is - why would you state something when you haven't even seen it. Basically what you are doing is no different than the telephone game. If you tell somebody who has no opinion and doesn't understand the economy, "George Bush was an idiot and is the reason why the country is in the craphole it is in today" - you would expect them to relay it, they should go around stating the same thing even though they know crap about the situation.

Maybe if we could make FT's we would've won this game. But that won't EVER happen.

The announcers were upset, Jeff Lebo drew a technical because it was getting so bad, even LSU fans on other boards are admitting that it was getting out of control, and newspaper writers (Evan Woodberry) agree with me.

I'd say I have plenty of evidence to back up my claim that the game was getting out of control, you don't have to be at the game to realize it when everyone who is, is claiming it.

The announcers were upset, Jeff Lebo drew a technical because it was getting so bad, even LSU fans on other boards are admitting that it was getting out of control, and newspaper writers (Evan Woodberry) agree with me.

I'd say I have plenty of evidence to back up my claim that the game was getting out of control, you don't have to be at the game to realize it when everyone who is, is claiming it.

Hey, I asked for your evidence / credentials and you didn't give any. What else would you expect? It is still secondary knowledge. But I'll take what you said, now that you have finally stated it.

How else would you expect a fan to think when they read a person online state nothing but, "Man the officiating is horrible" when there is no way that person visually saw something?

Next time quit bitching about people questioning you and actually respond to what they are saying to support your argument.

Maybe President Obama will just go out and scream "I feel like giving cutting taxes" and when the media asks him why he'll respond "because!!!!! quit being a know-all!!"

Hey, I asked for your evidence / credentials and you didn't give any. What else would you expect? It is still secondary knowledge. But I'll take what you said, now that you have finally stated it.

How else would you expect a fan to think when they read a person online state nothing but, "Man the officiating is horrible" when there is no way that person visually saw something?

Next time quit bitching about people questioning you and actually respond to what they are saying to support your argument.

Maybe President Obama will just go out and scream "I feel like giving cutting taxes" and when the media asks him why he'll respond "because!!!!! quit being a know-all!!"

I would understand if one person or even one source was saying the game was physical. But annoucers, fans, local beat writers, even the espn recap talked about it.

PChamp, I understand the a lot of people drink the kool-aide on this board but you try too hard to be the devil's advocate on too many issues.

Anyways, these boys showed me alot last night. I'm proud as hell of them for not giving up earlier in the year. I can't wait to get a rematch with these bastards on our home court! War Damn Eagle!.

Thanks for posting the info to support your claim. It certainly opens up some eyes as to how things were. BUt, you are wasting your time with this FCM. PChamp doesn't care about facts (which you provided), he only wants the worse for auburn, so he attacks the actually fans of Auburn and just says they are making more excuses. The sooner you realize this the better off you will be. In other words, I repeat my statement above..... Don't feed the troll uater.

Thanks for posting the info to support your claim. It certainly opens up some eyes as to how things were. BUt, you are wasting your time with this FCM. PChamp doesn't care about facts (which you provided), he only wants the worse for auburn, so he attacks the actually fans of Auburn and just says they are making more excuses. The sooner you realize this the better off you will be. In other words, I repeat my statement above..... Don't feed the troll uater.

If HippieTom or GrilledFishSandwich over here would think of the following:

1) Do I check LSU boards? No. Was this supported in the initial or reply post: No.

2) Are there newspaper writers writing about the game DURING the game? No. And if there were, was there a link to this? No.

3) Has a coach every gotten a technical foul for anything other than officiating? Yes. Has a coach ever gotten a technical foul for thinking there should be a foul and it wasn't called? Yes. Has a coach ever gotten a technical foul for doing something he sees in his own eyes? Yes. Now in this case - it was supposedly legit. But was any of this told to me prior or during the posts of the game? No.

So as you see - your arguments of what I "should have seen" were purely based on things I could not have seen at the time. That is why I asked and simply was not given the expected response until MUCH MUCH later.

If HippieTom or GrilledFishSandwich over here would think of the following:

1) Do I check LSU boards? No. Was this supported in the initial or reply post: No.

2) Are there newspaper writers writing about the game DURING the game? No. And if there were, was there a link to this? No.

3) Has a coach every gotten a technical foul for anything other than officiating? Yes. Has a coach ever gotten a technical foul for thinking there should be a foul and it wasn't called? Yes. Has a coach ever gotten a technical foul for doing something he sees in his own eyes? Yes. Now in this case - it was supposedly legit. But was any of this told to me prior or during the posts of the game? No.

So as you see - your arguments of what I "should have seen" were purely based on things I could not have seen at the time. That is why I asked and simply was not given the expected response until MUCH MUCH later.

1) It's clear you weren't listening to the game otherwise you would've known what was going on, so what was the point in trying to call out someone on something that you yourself had no damn clue about?

2)This brings us to the larger issue, in that no matter what it is you have a habit of trying to call out fellow Auburn fans over ridiculous issues, with no real reasoning of doing it other than to be a jackass.

3) Get your panties out of your ass and just admit you were wrong and move on.

Archived