women vs. UGA

WarTiger

Well, uga comes to auburn this time. Hopefully we can get back on track after the vandy loss and take care of uga. Should be a good crowd on hand for this one too..

WAR EAGLE!!

Uga leads 29-27 at the half. Tigers have trailed most of the way, but have shot the ball absolutely horribly in the first half.

timeout uga...56.6 seconds to play...tigers up 56-53 shot clock at 5 seconds for uga... possession arrow favors auburn.. auburn is in bonus.

official really looked bad on that call on the sideline in front of uga's bench....called a jump ball...tigers possession, bonner fouled...at the line missed the first by smalley got the rebound and is fouled... smalley to the line for 1 and 1

smalley makes both of them...tigers lead 58-53....uga commits a foul away from the ball. Jackson to the line for auburn...makes the 1st...31.4 seconds to play. second one is good... tigers lead 60-53... uga misses a layup and fouls... Hobbs to the line...

Tigers win 65-59.... Great free throw shooting down the stretch. Tigers didn't play particularly well, but was able to come away with the win. Tigers move to 26-2 on the season and sole possession of 1st place in the SEC. Vandy lost today to ole miss, so add our win over uga and that gives auburn sole possession of 1st in the league. Wasn't pretty but we got it done..

Tigers have thursday off and return to action next sunday when they host arkansas at 2:00 to close out the regular season.

From secsports.com:

DeWanna Bonner scored 22 points and No. 3 Auburn made 9-of-10 free throws over the final 44 seconds to beat Georgia 65-59 on Sunday and clinch at least a share of its first SEC title in 20 years.

A win against Arkansas and the women are outright SEC Champions.

That game is at Beard Eaves a week from today at 2:00. We need to bring a huge crowd. I will be there.

AUBURN beats UGA

Ole Miss Upsets No. 18 Vanderbilt 71-69

AUBURN wins season title!

War Eagle!

Not quite. We have to beat arkansas next sunday to clinch the sec title. If we lose to Arkansas and Vandy beats Tennessee next sunday, then Vandy wins the sec regular season title by virtue of the tie breaker vs. Auburn.

We have a full game lead over Vandy. The SEC doesn't do a tie break for regular season championship so the only way we tie Vandy is if they beat UT in Knoxville and we lose to Arky at home... I like our chances!

I vote we name the new arena after Coach Fortner and call it "The Fort"!!!

Any word on Hilliard's injury? She was really starting to play well, adding some much needed depth.

I haven't heard from Melissa yet, but I will find out in the AM if you like.

This was a very physical game. It was also a great game to be at. Anytime we beat UGA.....it's like my birthday! :thumbsup:

Archived