Free Throws Again Got to be tough for Lebo

aunavy

Jeff Lebo is a GREAT Coach and Auburn should be grateful to have him on board. He has had an uphill climb since he has been at Auburn with the NCAA limitations. I sure would like to see him coach with a full deck of McDonald's all stars like Kentucky/Florida/North Carolina. Maybe this NIT appearance coupled with the new arena and taking the NCAA recruiting prohibitions will allow him to get the players he needs to consistently deliver quality teams like he coached up this year.

I sure hope so, but we have to teach these boys how to shoot free throws. Granted they were 62% (or something like that ) but that was the difference in the game. I feel for Dwayne Reed. He got hurt when he got fouled so that might have affected his shooting. We shot a miserable 38% from the field, that isn't going to win many games. Can't really blame the refs this time except for a few missed travel calls.

Also, when we started shooting Free throws in the first half, the Baylor coach kept yelling Box out, Box out as we shot the ball. How wierd is that, never heard an opposing coach do that. The ref went over and talked to him and he stopped doing it but not until we missed 4 free throws.

Baylor is an awesome team, darn it, those 7 footers and that #24 (Dunn?) are really good. Dunn got hurt for a while but darn had to come back in.

Way to go Lebo and the Tigers, who would have thought 7 games into the season we would be in the quarter finals of the NIT.

So much for home court advantage. Oh well. I just wish I wouldn't get so mad during and right after the games when we lose.

I sure hope so, but we have to teach these boys how to shoot free throws. Granted they were 62% (or something like that ) but that was the difference in the game. I feel for Dwayne Reed. He got hurt when he got fouled so that might have affected his shooting. We shot a miserable 38% from the field, that isn't going to win many games. Can't really blame the refs this time except for a few missed travel calls.

Also, when we started shooting Free throws in the first half, the Baylor coach kept yelling Box out, Box out as we shot the ball. How wierd is that, never heard an opposing coach do that. The ref went over and talked to him and he stopped doing it but not until we missed 4 free throws.

Baylor is an awesome team, darn it, those 7 footers and that #24 (Dunn?) are really good. Dunn got hurt for a while but darn had to come back in.

Way to go Lebo and the Tigers, who would have thought 7 games into the season we would be in the quarter finals of the NIT.

Great post. If we can get a solid big man for the middle and learn to shoot free throws more consistently, we'll be fine.

So much for home court advantage. Oh well. I just wish I wouldn't get so mad during and right after the games when we lose.

No, please don't say that. It's a passion that is in you (and most of us) for Auburn University. The players, the coaches deserve the most and best passionate fans in the world. Most of us hate to watch auburn lose, because its Auburn. Don't ever lose that...

I felt sick as hell. That's the facts. I always will in games like that involving Auburn.

I felt sick as hell. That's the facts. I always will in games like that involving Auburn.

+1

Well let's not say ALL games. I didn't feel ill for even a moment in the 'honk if you sacked brodie' game.

Archived