***Michael Dyer Announcement Thread

RunInRed

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey everyone. Our friends at AuburnSports.com, who have ace reporter Jeffrey Lee on the ground in Arkansas, are reporting that tailback Michael Dyer has committed to play football at Auburn.

``Coach (Gus) Malzahn is a really good coach and I respect his offense a lot. I know he would do really good things," Dyer told AuburnSports.com. "People promise good things, but I have a great idea that he would do the things that he says he will."

http://jaygtate.blogspot.com

I think it will. I sure hope it will.

Now, come on down Lattimore or Seastrunk. I really think Lattimore is a heavy lean after last weekend. My former teacher (Barry Reese) who works in the Byrnes School District Office told me about an hour ago that he was a heavy lean to AU.

Keep it coming Coaches!

Auburn lands top running back Michael Dyer

Michael Dyer, the No. 1 running back in the country by some scouting services, committed to Auburn this morning, according to the Tigers' three primary recruiting Web sites.

AuburnSports.com, Inside the Auburn Tigers and AuburnUndercover.com all reported the news this morning.

The Little Rock (Ark) Christian running back is a five-star recruit, the first to agree to play for Auburn coach Gene Chizik. Dyer is ranked as the No. 1 overall running back in the country by ESPN.com. Rivals and Scout both rank him as the No. 3 overall back.

The 5-foot-8, 201-pound Dyer chose Auburn over Arkansas, Florida, Ole Miss and Tennessee.

Last week Dyer became the state of Arkansas' all-time leading rusher. He has 7,566 career rushing yards and 74 touchdowns.

He is Auburn's 20th commitment for 2010 and its first running back.

http://wareagleextra.blogspot.com/2009/11/auburn-lands-top-running-back-michael.html

Welcome to the Auburn Family, Michael...You will be an Auburn man all of your life...wear it well.

AU Homer!

Very Nice. Welcome to Auburn Mr. Dyer. Running Back U continues.

now,

How long till Rivals drops him a star?

If you followed Rivals he was in the overall top 10 or #11 if I can remember correctly. He was favoring Auburn early and notice that during this time he dropped to #17 overall.

Very Nice. Welcome to Auburn Mr. Dyer. Running Back U continues.

now,

How long till Rivals drops him a star?

If you followed Rivals he was in the overall top 10 or #11 if I can remember correctly. He was favoring Auburn early and notice that during this time he dropped to #17 overall.

MUGZ!

Michael,

Welcome to the Fearless & True, Fight On You Orange & Blue Auburn Tigers. War Eagle!!!

Just an FYI. Tonight on ESPNU at 7:00 Little Rock Christian will be playing on tv. Great chance to see Auburn's newest Recruit and next in line at RUNNING BACK U.

Under Armour All-American Michael Dyer commits to Auburn

Five-star prospect Michael Dyer (Little Rock, Ark./Christian) pledged to sign with Auburn's Class of 2010 Friday during a 9:30 AM CST press conference, ESPN's JC Shurburtt reports.

According to ESPN affiliate Web site AuburnUndercover.com, Dyer picked the Tigers over Tennessee, Arkansas and Ole Miss. His other offers include Florida, Alabama, Oregon, LSU, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Texas A&M, Stanford, Nebraska, Florida State, Vanderbilt and Oklahoma State.

ESPN's Billy Tucker said of the news, "There has been a lot of speculation throughout this entire recruiting process that Dyer would give a verbal to Auburn. At his Under Armour All-America game selection press conference he claimed this commitment would stick through signing day. That remains to be seen but Gene Chizik is in the driver's seat to sign the top running back in this class; a major accomplishment off the field for the first year Auburn coach."

"Chizik and the Tigers are getting a prototypical college load-back with great compact size, power and top-end speed to go with it. It might be Dyer's balance and ability to consistently bounce off first contact that makes him such an elite back and top college prospect. He doesn't waste a lot of lateral steps and cuts and is quick to square up through the hole with great downhill burst and explosiveness with the hips to still make the first defender miss. Dyer has had an excellent senior season and should be ready to carry over some of that great production to Auburn as a true freshman."

Dyer is Arkansas' all-time leading rusher and was named the state's Gatorade Player of the Year as a junior. Little Rock Christian will play on ESPNU at 8 PM Friday night against Pulaski Academy (Little Rock, Ark.).

Unless I missed it - I didn't see this posted anywhere.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=4629531

Very cool ...

"The last few weeks, me and Marcus Lattimore have had conversations and sent texts back and forth trying to figure out what's going on and to see if he's going to go to Auburn or not," Dyer said. "I told him it would be great for both of us to come out there and tag-team and run the ball. He seemed to be very respectful like he would fit into Auburn. I have been working on him to get him to commit there. He's a nice guy and it would be pretty amazing to get him to commit to Auburn."

Like this too ;) ...

"Auburn is on the rise," he said. "We want it to be that team that everybody talks about like Florida or LSU. Auburn is going to be that one day. Once we all get there and get on the same page, we are going to make history."

They just showed Dyer's announcement before his game on ESPNU. He definitely called us "the University of Auburn" twice. Damnit.

He also said he is glad to now be a "War Eagle." He is young...He will learn. Huge pickup anyway you look at it.

Just as a refresher, CPD said "University of Auburn" as well in his press conference in '81. Dyer will become an Auburn man in no time.

He knows how to pronounce Auburn, unlike several announcers. And Michael says WAR EAGLE quite well!!! :cheer:

Archived