Blake Sims decommits from bammer

RunInRed

The day after uat wins a MNC ... huh? Sims is rated a 4-star by Rivals. Tennessee, Georgia and West Virginia are now contenders for his signature.

BLAKESIMS11_11150.JPG

Blake Sims, Athlete

Gainesville, Georgia

6-0 / 180 / 4.5

http://rivals.yahoo.com/alabama/football/recruiting/player-Blake-Sims-72896

Well that sucks. He'll probably end up at Georgia, I think he grew up a fan of them and has just recently started to get some more attention from them.

Maybe he hadn't realized how young the starters at the skill positions were at Bama until he watched the game last night....

Maybe he hadn't realized how young the starters at the skill positions were at Bama until he watched the game last night....

Sims is a QB. He should have been encouraged, not discouraged. McElroy has only one year left.

• 2 weeks later...

"Georgia athlete Blake Sims said he couldn't sleep after decommitting from Alabama recently. He decided to reopen his commitment and take a look at Tennessee, but lost interest in the Vols after head coach Lane Kiffin bolted for USC.

Sims is now back on Alabama's commitment list after talking to Nick Saban over the weekend.

"Coach Saban told me that he considered me family and that as family we would work things out," Sims told BamaOnLine.

A quarterback at Gainesville High, Sims is ranked the nation's No. 28 athlete by Rivals.com."

"Work things out?" Sounds like somebody's getting a pay cut.

Sims is now back on Alabama's commitment list after talking to Nick Saban over the weekend.

"Coach Saban told me that he considered me family and that as family we would work things out," Sims told BamaOnLine

What happened to the "If you take visits after committing we don't want you?" Or something along that line.

"Coach Saban told me that he considered me family and that as family we would work things out," Sims told BamaOnLine.

A quarterback at Gainesville High, Sims is ranked the nation's No. 28 athlete by Rivals.com."

"Saban" and "family" in the same sentence is an injustice to the English language and all families. I mean, who in their right mind would want Saban as a father? :roflol:

I told you guys a week ago..........the term "Family" isn't the same for Saban as it is here at Auburn. "Family" has more meaning to it up there.......with green tints and blued steel mentality. Or stainless steel.....if you prefer. :rolleyes:

I'm still laughing. I guess Kiffin showed him the checkbook and then closed it on the way out of town.

Archived