Langford, AU bound?...

RunInRed

Bryan Matthews has a report on what may be Coach Barbee's first signee...

SF set to announce

Just four days after returning home from an official visit to Auburn, Huntsville (Ala.) Lee small forward Josh Langford will announce a decision and sign with the school of his choice.

The 6-foot-6, 210-pounder has set a press conference at Lee High School for Thursday at 11:30 am CT.

Langford has a number of offers but Lee head coach Greg Brown said his final list of schools came down to Auburn, West Virginia, Cincinnati, Ole Miss and Georgia. He visited Ole Miss Apr. 9.

“He was waiting on the right feel and where he would fit in best,” Brown said. “He said he absolutely loved it at Auburn but that’s Josh. He loved Ole Miss and he loves West Virginia.”

Langford averaged 21.2 points and 12 rebounds as a senior leading Lee to the Class 5A state championship. He was named Tournament MVP.

Read more...

Josh-Langford-0708-710123.JPG

Josh Langford, Forward

Huntsville, AL

AAU: Alabama Lasers

6'6 / 210

Offers: Auburn, Cincinnati, Mississippi, West Virginia

Here's an update from 2008...

Update: Josh Langford

Louisville has been watching Alabama Lasers junior guard Josh Langford and the 6-foot-6 forward said last week at the Kentucky HoopFest that he's "looking for an offer."

Langford is one of the top 75 players nationally in the Class of 2010 and said he's also hearing from Mississippi State, Memphis, Clemson, Miami, Alabama, Missouri, Kansas State and USC.

But he talked highly of the Cardinals program.

"Louisville is where I have family," Langford described. "I have roots here. My uncle lives here and I like (the U of L) system.

"Louisville, Memphis and Miami are my top three. But I have to play hard when I am in Louisville because they are my favorite. I love Louisville."

Langford is from Huntsville (Ala.) and attends J. O. Johnson High School.

http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/demling/2008/07/update-josh-langford.html

At least we won't have to bite our nails and then wait around to see what rolls off the fax machine. There should be no "commit" with the signing season on, he'll almost certainly announce and sign in the same few minutes.

Archived