Chris Denson to sign with AU

RunInRed

Barbee reels in another...

Shaw basketball player Chris Denson will sign with Auburn today, according to Shaw athletics director Scott Newman.

Denson had interest or offers from Buffalo, Florida, North Carolina-Greensboro, UCLA, UNLV, Villanova and Western Kentucky, among others. The point guard is considered a three-star recruit by rivals.com. He averaged more than 24 points per game for Shaw last season.

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2010/05/18/1126201/college-basketball-recruiting.html#ixzz0oHsWengX

140765.jpg

Chris Denson, PG

Midland, GA

6'2 / 180

Highlights:

From ESPN.com back in March...

Under-the-radar point guards

By Paul Biancardi

ESPN Recruiting

The most important position on the floor is the point guard. It is the hardest position to learn and master because, a great point guard must be able to play the game and not only think for himself, but also for his teammates. As you watch the NCAA tournament you will notice the teams that get strong point guard play will have an outstanding chance of winning and advancing. The class of 2010 is talented and deep at the point guard position. Here are a few names that can be valuable to many college programs in the future.

Chris Denson (6-2, 175)

Grade: 87 | PG Rank: 60

Columbus, Ga./Shaw

College: Undeclared

Denson is a left-handed speed demon that can create off the dribble and score. His length allows him to make plays over the top of the defense. He shoots it well enough to force his defender to stay close. He can take it out to the 3-point arc and can also finish at the rim. His superior quickness should enable him to be a good defender at the mid-major level.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/mens/columns/story?columnist=biancardi_paul&id=5003024

I didn't realize we had room for any more. I thought the first two he signed was all he could sign this year? Did we lose somebody else that i've forgotten about?

I didn't realize we had room for any more. I thought the first two he signed was all he could sign this year? Did we lose somebody else that i've forgotten about?

No one I can think of. But, Chris Denson looks like a great pickup and future Tiger point guard. WDE!

Some current player will have his scholarship not renewed, or another signee will be released. From now on for the next two years it's a zero sum game. For every new signee, another person will have to leave. The signing period ends later this week and we could still add one more.

If there was ever a program that needed some personnel upgrades, it's our BB program!

This guy (Denson) could be a big help. I'm getting more impressed with Coach Barbee every day!

Two things I like about what I see:

- A lefty with good ball handling skills can have an advantage.

- The quick shot in the lane is a key for penetrating guards.

- The Ghostbusters tee.

Archived