Dan Mullen

passthebiscuits

Nope. You could extrapolate any number of things from this comment. I still believe this will blow over and/or be disproven.

Mullen said that, when asked bluntly if Cam wanted money to sign, "the people who need to know what happened know what they need to know."

Anyone concerned?

I'm not really concerned because that's about what Mullen said prior to all of this getting started. I don't think Mullen can say that he asked for money or didn't ask for money because someone at MSU said it happened...probably a booster...and probably because Cam jilted them. However, if you're the coach at any university, you don't step on those toes by saying that it didn't happen and you sure don't say it happened if you don't know.

Isn't this a variation of what Auburn's been saying the whole time? The people who need to know are aware of everything already. This is not new info and nothing has changed.

Well, again, I wouldn't expect any coach, player, or official of any school to comment on an open NCAA investigation. Mullin shouldn't say anything more specific.

I heard this interview on Finebaum today and Mullen kept referring to "rumors." You can take that however the hell you want, but when MSU's coach calls it "rumors," then I will buy it. Why would I buy it? Because it goes hand-in-hand with what Auburn is saying.

Could this be a cover-up by MSU? Possibly. But for now, Newton is playing Saturday and that is all the evidence, rumors, and allegations that I need.

Anyone else see someone on the MSU staff that may have an axe to grind with Auburn? Greg knox is runningback coach.

I doubt that. Much more likely it is a booster that feels jilted. Knox had 10 good years at Auburn, there is no cause for hard feelings on his part.

Thing is, MSU fans thought Cam was coming there. I never really saw them as the competition. I was more worried about Oklahoma getting him. If a guy had the choice of Auburn or Oklahoma, why would he pick MSU? Extremely unlikely.

Mullen couldn't have been much of a "father figure" to Cam. He bailed on Florida instead of hanging around an extra year to watch Tebow play.

Well, again, I wouldn't expect any coach, player, or official of any school to comment on an open NCAA investigation. Mullin shouldn't say anything more specific.

Bob Stoops at Oklahoma didn't have a problem stating flat-out that nobody representing the Newton family asked for money. Maybe there's something in Starkville that Mullen wants swept under the rug?

Archived