Is there a case -again- for Auburn to be #1?

TigerStar

Oregon struggled to squeak out a victory at Cal.

We didn't really play lights out against Georgia, but I would say Georgia is better than Cal.

How do y'all see the BcS going tomorrow?

Just win out and we play on 1/10/11 in Glendale, AZ. That is all I am keeping up with!

Absolutely, but wouldn't it be nice to go in that game as #1?

Yes, I am selfish B)

The combined record of Oregon's opponents is a joke. Their offense sruggled against a Cal team that I believe gave up over 50 to Nevada earlier. Look at Auburn's schedule and look at theirs and its no contest. But the earlier post was right, just keep winning and all will be taken care of. Its just a matter of whether we wear blue or white jerseys in Glendale.

I think the margin between us and Oregon tightens up but the margin between us and TCU widens a bit.

Well, the margin is only 0.003 so it wouldn't surprise me if we overtake them.

I don't get how the human polls play into it and I know there are some folks here that get the polls in and out so I wondered how others see it going down.

I think USCarolina beating UF helps our SOS and one of the reasons I was rooting against MSU tonight (as opposed to rooting 'for' bama) was I think it helps if bama is top ten when we beat them.

Just some idle talk for the next 2 weeks.

Does the off week help or hurt us in regards to the BcS?

TCU only beat SDSU by 5 as well.

Just throwing that out there for everyone who was fluffing them.

I think the margin between us and Oregon tightens up but the margin between us and TCU widens a bit.

Plus their "big" victory over Utah last week was tarnished when 4-5 Notre Dame beat Utah this week. :roflol:

FWIW, I see Auburn going forward as #2, because the human polls won't move them. The pollsters will see the Newton scandal as a reason not to vote AU as #1, but with Oregon's struggle this week I could be wrong. I agree with the above posts, though...win out and remove any doubt!!

Just win out and we play on 1/10/11 in Glendale, AZ. That is all I am keeping up with!

Yes, I am selfish B)

I'd rather come out of it #1.

Yes, I am selfish B)

I'd rather come out of it #1.

My thought is: As long as we are #1 on Jan 11th, why wear a bigger target on our back between now and then?

Oregon scored one offensive TD and returned punt for TD. This with this high powered offense averaging over 50 points. I don't know what Cal did to slow them down, but they punted several times and missed a couple FGs. Wish i had watched to see what Cal did.

Oregon scored one offensive TD and returned punt for TD. This with this high powered offense averaging over 50 points. I don't know what Cal did to slow them down, but they punted several times and missed a couple FGs. Wish i had watched to see what Cal did.

They stopped James from getting any yardage up the middle making run game look terrible.

Oregon can be run on fairly easily. They've been getting way ahead and teams are forced to throw to try to get back in the game. Cal kept it close, ran the ball and the famed Oregon "speed up" offense didn't get a chance to make the Cal defense real tired.

It was won in the trenches. Cal owned the offensive line and stopped James. Basically, Cal made them one dimensional. I've also read that they do not have a backup for James.

Another thing to note, is that Oregon seems to score most of their points in the last part of games when the game is well at hand. They run the score up.

At this point, if Oregon does not fix their issues, Auburn is going to kill this team if we play them.

Another thing to note is that Oregon only seems to have like 4 plays. Their offense is actually really really simple. Most of their offense is smoke and mirrors (much like Kiffin's ha!). They get defenses out of position with their tempo.

It was won in the trenches. Cal owned the offensive line and stopped James. Basically, Cal made them one dimensional. I've also read that they do not have a backup for James.

Another thing to note, is that Oregon seems to score most of their points in the last part of games when the game is well at hand. They run the score up.

At this point, if Oregon does not fix their issues, Auburn is going to kill this team if we play them.

I wouldn't say that, Barner is a pretty good backup to James. They're both in the Noel Devine category, small and very quick. But yes, Cal controlled the LOS with their D-line. They pressured Darron Thomas and penetrated to cause negative plays in the run game.

The underlined statement is VERY VERY true. Chip Kelly runs the score up. I'm sure it killed him to take a knee at the end against Cal.

From watching a couple of their other games, I had come to the same conclusion. Control UO's OL and you control their O. What little I watched of their game last night, Cal seemed to be in the backfield a lot. I am pretty sure we have a better DL than anybody in the Pac10. USC ran well on them also. I think we would beat them.

Archived