read this

CarolinaTiger

humorous at points, but scary at others.

Link to AirAmerica Website

its written to be funny...for example.

You can touch Evan for the occasional meal or drinks but a million bucks is crossing the line. And if we ever get low on cash, we can always call Barbra Streisand. Or any of the

Baldwins.

the funniest line of all:

What we’re getting at is that we hate him.
:roll:

ct

is this a drudge setup, TA?

i took it to be from the air america's website...is it really not?

have i been spoofed?  B)

LINK

right...the original info came off of drudge...but the article i was referring to was from the air america website...

i'm on board now.

Truth or spin, anyone REALLY know? Why would Liu give up easy money from a bunch of Pigeons? Something is amiss here. Why would they risk ruining their rep with a move luike this. Stopping a payment on a check? Havent these jerks ever heard of an attorney? :no:

Truth or spin, anyone REALLY know? Why would Liu give up easy money from a bunch of Pigeons? Something is amiss here. Why would they risk ruining their rep with a move luike this. Stopping a payment on a check? Havent these jerks ever heard of an attorney? :no:

It sounds like he was double-dipping on Air America's time, or that's what AA's saying anyway.

Mr. Cohen, however, said that Multicultural owed money to Air America. He said that Mr. Liu's company had recently deposited a check from Air America for $315,000, and that it had cleared. But Mr. Cohen said that Air America had stopped payment on a second check, for $156,000, after Air America discovered that Multicultural had leased air time on its Los Angeles station to another programmer in February and March, before Air America went on the air on March 31.

While not broadcasting during that time, Mr. Cohen said, Air America had already leased that time from Multicultural and was thus entitled to any fees collected.

LINK

It sounds like he was double-dipping on Air America's time, or that's what AA's saying anyway.

Mr. Cohen, however, said that Multicultural owed money to Air America. He said that Mr. Liu's company had recently deposited a check from Air America for $315,000, and that it had cleared. But Mr. Cohen said that Air America had stopped payment on a second check, for $156,000, after Air America discovered that Multicultural had leased air time on its Los Angeles station to another programmer in February and March, before Air America went on the air on March 31.

While not broadcasting during that time, Mr. Cohen said, Air America had already leased that time from Multicultural and was thus entitled to any fees collected.

LINK

My point was that they should have made the phone calls and verified everything first. Then called the attorneys in. The mess with the check was bad and ruined their rep at least for the time being. Grandstanding in business is a bad thing in any industry. You need to quietly work the process, not be show-boating in the first two weeks.

Well, having been in situations where I've stopped payment and not stopped payment but wished I had, it's a lot easier to prove you're right than to prove you're right and have to get money returned. Meanwhile, they earn the interest instead of me. I'm sure you'd agree with me if this were Clear Channel instead of Air America. :rolleyes:

I'm sure you'd agree with me if this were Clear Channel instead of Air America.  :rolleyes:

maybe david isn't as partisan as you are, TA???

:P

ct

Partisan??? Me??? David...nonpartisan??? Oh, ok, I see the little smiley guy!!!

Archived