Tigre in Italia

Just found out that I am headed to Naples early next year. I was really hoping to come home after my tour in Spain, but nothing was offered that appealed to me. The family and I are looking forward to our upcoming stint in Italy, especially since I am a big history buff and always loved studying the Roman Empire. The job I was offered was good, and this will give my 2 kids a chance to experience more of the world before we head back home where people impersonate getting attacked by raccoons.

where people impersonate getting attacked by raccoons

HAHAHA!

GL to you!

That racoon impersonation could have been better....LOL!

My 2 boys will be 15 and 11 when we move. Christ, I'm getting old!! We have already begun hitting the books and talking about the Roman Empire. They are very interested, which makes Pops very happy. The youngest has a great interest in science and geology, and is really looking forward to exploring Mount Vesuvius and the city of Pompei.

Ahhh....Italia. Great food and beautiful countrysides. I am not a drinker, but if you like wine, well you are in a great place my friend. The food is outstanding, but as with any long stay overseas, you will kind of get tired of it and long for some good Amercian food. You probably already know this from you stay in Spain. So, are you going to change your name to Tiger in Italy?

One word, Tuscany. Love the architecture, the food, the people. Would love to visit some day. Maybe build me a Tuscan Home someday, maybe after I win the lottery and the kids are grown and the Boss and I move to Titusville/Cocoa Beach. I just dont see a Tuscan home lookng right in Alabama...

I've seen a little of Tuscany twice over the past couple of years and I have this region near the top of the list of places I want to go to get lost for a while. Although I have enjoyed my stay in Spain, Italy has more to offer. There is so much to see and do there compared to Iberia. Plus, getting around is so much more convenient. I hope 3 years is enough time to see everything the way I want to.

Since this will most likely be my final tour prior to retirement, I plan on taking things as easy as I can. As a matter of fact, the Mrs and I just got back from the sporting goods store here on base. I have been out pricing a new set of golf clubs.

Since this will most likely be my final tour prior to retirement, I plan on taking things as easy as I can. As a matter of fact, the Mrs and I just got back from the sporting goods store here on base. I have been out pricing a new set of golf clubs.

that's super, TiS/I. congrats on finishing your service!

Fore!

Archived