Oku leaving UT

Rocket City Tiger

Saw in the huntsville times today where RB David Oku is leaving Tennessee. Remember that he chose UT over Auburn, now is leaving the cupboard bare after Bryce Brown left last year. Talk about your recruiting classes not panning out...

mash on

Glad now they didn't come to Auburn. Anyone know where these guys are now?

Derek Dooley wouldn't release Bryce Brown, so BB went to Kansas State and paid his own way. Don't know if he'll try getting Kansas State's coach to let him out of his scholarship there or just stay there. Don't know about Oku yet.

I was just thinking the same thing. I remember being so bummed when they both chose UT over us. Everything happens for a reason I suppose.

A release only has meaning within the conference. Each conference has different rules, but in the SEC a player must have a release before transferring to another SEC school. To transfer out of conference, all a player needs to do is leave, enroll at his new school and sit out a year. His original school has nothing to say about it, release or not.

Note our basketball player Verez Ward, who was not released from Texas but is in class at Auburn sitting out his NCAA mandated transfer year. He will play for Auburn next season.

Remember when Lebo took over the BB program? Killingsworth and Turner were not released, but they went to Indiana and FSU, respectively.

I was just thinking the same thing. I remember being so bummed when they both chose UT over us. Everything happens for a reason I suppose.

You know, I still don't understand that. Oku seemed interested in signing w/Auburn till the last minute. Don't know how much of a chance we had w/Bryce Brown.

A release only has meaning within the conference. Each conference has different rules, but in the SEC a player must have a release before transferring to another SEC school. To transfer out of conference, all a player needs to do is leave, enroll at his new school and sit out a year. His original school has nothing to say about it, release or not.

Note our basketball player Verez Ward, who was not released from Texas but is in class at Auburn sitting out his NCAA mandated transfer year. He will play for Auburn next season.

Remember when Lebo took over the BB program? Killingsworth and Turner were not released, but they went to Indiana and FSU, respectively.

I didn't know that. Learn something new every day.

Archived