Auburn vs. Mississippi State

We've got to do something about the Friday situation. The pitching all around just isn't getting it done.

And I don't even want to begin talking about today's game. What an embarrassment.

Tough, tough weekend. Gotta bounce back this week!

Hate to be negative nelly but it looks like most of our teams besides football are going in the wrong diredtion.

I don't think so. Mens basketball has a bright future, the baseball team is early in the season yet came off from hosting a Regional, Swimming and Diving had a good year (SEC Title) but didn't get it done in the NCAA's, softball is in the top 25....Womens basketball is the only true sign of decline...but that's just my feeling.

Hate to be negative nelly but it looks like most of our teams besides football are going in the wrong diredtion.

I don't think so. Mens basketball has a bright future, the baseball team is early in the season yet came off from hosting a Regional, Swimming and Diving had a good year (SEC Title) but didn't get it done in the NCAA's, softball is in the top 25....Womens basketball is the only true sign of decline...but that's just my feeling.

I agree. I'm optimistic about basketball and baseball.

I don't think so. Mens basketball has a bright future,--that's speculation/opinion. Fact is we just finished with a terrible season.

the baseball team is early in the season yet came off from hosting a Regional,--baseball hasn't been up to par since hal baird left. This season is off to a bad start.

Swimming and Diving had a good year (SEC Title) but didn't get it done in the NCAA's,--that's my point. We were favored to win the NCAAs but finished 6th, our worst finish in a long time.

softball is in the top 25....Agreed but women's softball is hardly a major sport of interest to most Auburn fans.Men'sa baseball was ranked 20th but we just got swept by unranked MSU.

Womens basketball is the only true sign of decline...but that's just my feeling.--we agree on womens's basketball but I just don't see any improvement in any of our other major teams other than FB as I said to start with. JMHO. Help me out.....look back at the past couple of years and tell me where we have in fact improved in basketball (men or women), baseball, or swimming and diving (men or women).

Comments in red FWIW.

I agree. I'm optimistic about basketball and baseball.

It's good to be optimistic but I was talking about the facts surrounding recent actual performance.

I don't think so. Mens basketball has a bright future,--that's speculation/opinion. Fact is we just finished with a terrible season.

According to respected voices in the field, it wasn't due to coaching. We were handicapped talent wise for various reasons. I hardly think one year with the talent level we had on hand is enough to indicate it's "headed in the wrong direction."

the baseball team is early in the season yet came off from hosting a Regional,--baseball hasn't been up to par since hal baird left. This season is off to a bad start.

Agree on Baird. However, the baseball program has improved thus far under Pawlowski. The start of the season was actually pretty good...tight series with highly ranked Arizona State, swept tournament at College of Charleston, took 2 of 3 from a top 10 Arkansas team. We've had one bad series. If it continues, you'll have a point.

Swimming and Diving had a good year (SEC Title) but didn't get it done in the NCAA's,--that's my point. We were favored to win the NCAAs but finished 6th, our worst finish in a long time.

Again, one year is not indicative of a trend. The run S&D has been on is unprecedented. It can't continue forever.

Also, I don't believe we were favored to win the swimming and diving championship. Thought Texas or UCLA was.

Baseball wasn't very good when I got here in 2008, then in 2009 hosts a regional and wins the SEC West, and this year is off to a decent start with changes to the game (bats) and missing big players from last year. I wish we hadn't dropped Miss State or games against teams like Bethune Cookman and Jacksonville State, but it happens. Season is far from over, and I think baseball is very much headed in the right direction.

Also, we just beat a ranked Troy team 6-1.

Archived