Auburn vs Vandy

I didn't expect Vandy to get us for 20 hits and 11 runs in that 11-6 loss. I was thinking we had a good chance to win some games from them but that depended on holding Vandy, a team not known for its hitting, to somewhere around three runs.

Second game is today at 6:00 pm, and will be televised. Hope we can take a deep breath and come back strong.

I didn't expect Vandy to get us for 20 hits and 11 runs in that 11-6 loss. I was thinking we had a good chance to win some games from them but that depended on holding Vandy, a team not known for its hitting, to somewhere around three runs.

Second game is today at 6:00 pm, and will be televised. Hope we can take a deep breath and come back strong.

Too bad its on that crappy ass station called css. It's totally stupid that css (a channel not available to probably 85% or more of the SEC region) is part of the SEC NETWORK deal. Was really hoping to watch Auburn baseball this season on a real station where people can actually watch it.

Too bad its on that crappy ass station called css. It's totally stupid that css (a channel not available to probably 85% or more of the SEC region) is part of the SEC NETWORK deal. Was really hoping to watch Auburn baseball this season on a real station where people can actually watch it.

I have Dishnet and can't get CSS either. I don't know why Auburn and the SEC even use CSS. They should push CSS to get accepted by more major carriers.

Final 11-2 Vandy. The new bats don't seem to be bothering Vandy's hitters very much.

That was our 5th straight SEC loss. :no:

That Vandy team is ranked #1 for a reason. Watched them in person both games, and wow, they are playing very solid baseball. They clobbered us with 8 runs (on TWO outs!!!) in the 7th inning I think, maybe 8th. Their pitching is outstanding, and they've hit way better than any team I've watched this season yet.

Hoping we can keep it respectable tomorrow...

Well, we lost a bunch of outstanding players, particularly hitters, from last year's team. I had hoped that Coach Paw's tendency for coaching small ball along with the deadened bats would help us out. It appears that isn't happening. Losing three to top ranked Vandy isn't the end of the world, but getting swept by MSU, who has generally been considered the weakest team in the SEC this year, might signal impending doom.

Well, we lost a bunch of outstanding players, particularly hitters, from last year's team. I had hoped that Coach Paw's tendency for coaching small ball along with the deadened bats would help us out. It appears that isn't happening. Losing three to top ranked Vandy isn't the end of the world, but getting swept by MSU, who has generally been considered the weakest team in the SEC this year, might signal impending doom.

The late inning pitching is the signal of doom. If we can't get better at the back end of games we won't improve. Fri., Sat. and Sun. saw the Tigers go into the middle to late innnigs within a run, tied, or even leading....only to blow up late.

I have all the confidence in the world in Coach Paw, but the kids have to go out there and make it happen.

Archived