AU v. UGA

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i am a loss for words--so lets see if some characters show how i feel--*&^%^&**&^$#@!#%^&*^^&^

Went from 3 outs away from being tied for 1st in the West to a 3 way tie for the last spot in Hoover with Ole Miss and MSU. :no:

I thought this was going to be a lock in the 6th, last time I had checked the score/this thread. Pathetic.

Maybe we'll sweep bama and UT...

Arky is playing USCjr next weekend, maybe that will help us out a bit.

That has to be an AU record for runs given up in the 9th inning. This isn't a good sign that this team is ready for any sort of postseason play.

This loss is very disturbing. Every baseball manager, from 9 year-olds through the majors, has one charge to his pitcher going into the last inning with a 6 run lead: "Don't walk anybody, don't hit anybody and we can't lose. Just throw strikes."

So a group of college pitchers walk 5, hit one and throw a wild pitch with runners on base for good measure. It wasn't the two homers that beat us, it was the freeby guys on base when the homers were hit.

Haven't our coaches identified just ONE pitcher that can throw strikes when needed? There are some situations, like with a six run lead in the last inning, when that's all it would take.

I hope Casey Dunn's Samford Bulldogs take pity on us and hold it down to a reasonable score, losing to them twice in one season will be embarrassing enough, a blowout would really hurt.

Archived