Jordan Price Commits to Auburn

sam

Jordan Price commits to Auburn over Georgia Tech and Memphis

by Michael Carvell

Auburn has landed a commitment from one of Georgia’s hottest college basketball prospects.

Jordan Price, a combo guard from Southwest DeKalb High School, committed to Auburn over Georgia Tech, Memphis and Ole Miss, among others. After a torrid start to the summer, Price was being evaluated for scholarship consideration by numerous other schools, including UCLA, Georgetown, Marquette and Arkansas.

The 6-foot-5, 218-pound Price pledged to Auburn after making an unofficial visit to the SEC school on Saturday.

“The Auburn coaches were happy, they weren’t expecting it,” Price told the AJC. “I called 4-5 hours after I left and it caught them by surprise.”

Why Auburn? “I felt like it was the best for me and my family. We feel very comfortable in the decision. My family talked and prayed about it. Auburn was my top choice, and we didn’t want to lead any other schools on.”

Price is Auburn’s second 2012 basketball commitment from Georgia, following in the footsteps of Milton dunk artist Shaquille Johnson. Johnson and Price roomed together at last week’s UA “Best of Best” camp, where Price was named MVP.

“Shaq was recruiting me for Auburn,” Price said. “It is going to be real fun playing with him in that system at Auburn.” Price said he had limited contact with UGA.

What about Georgia Tech? “I liked them a lot, too. It’s a great school. I just felt like Auburn was where I should be at.”

Price played at Columbia High School as a freshman, transferred to Tennessee’s McCallie prep school as a sophomore, and returned to Southwest DeKalb last season. Price averaged 19.1 points and 5.1 rebounds last season. He plays AAU with the Southern Kings.

Here’s an analysis of Price by Courtcred.com’s Kerry Willis:

Price once sat a top of his class during his 8th grade and freshman campaigns only to later fall out of the rankings, but this summer he is back in shape and is one of the top 3 scorers in Nike’s Elite Youth Basketball League at 19.9 ppg. He is stronger than most guards and has no problem finishing through contact. He uses a nasty right-to-left-crossover dribble to get into the mid range area where he is money when he releases the rock. Also an excellent student … Price has been having a good summer so far that has put him back on the map on the national level. He had the most dominating performance on Day 1 of the Best of the Best camp which propelled him to be the camp’s MVP … He started out by knocking down his first three 3-pointers from beyond the arc and, after that, he was cooking. Off balance shots, showing his explosiveness and his dexterity by converting baskets with his off hand in mid air. Price is focused and has rededicated himself to staying in shape, a major reason why he is tearing up the competition as of late.

Price’s attributes his rebirth in his basketball play due to getting better shape with strength and conditioning.

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2011/06/12/jordan-price-commits-to-auburn-over-georgia-tech-and-memphis/?cxntfid=blogs_recruiting&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Boom! Basketball getting into the mix with football this week! WDE!

Archived