2013 4* LB Trey Johnson (Ohio State signee)

RunInRed

Names weren't given on the show but the names in the rumor mill are Reub, Shaq, OJ, Kenny and Matthews. But, who knows?

It is June and I'm already tired of this!

EDIT: It was Foster, Wiggins and Howard. He also said if Rodgers commits Bigelow will flip in order to play with Rodgers, Blackson and Irvin-Sills. He also said Liner and Lawson did a great job of talking up AU and are in a lot of guys heads.

Lawson up to 12 in the Rivals rankings. He also said look for Irvin-Sills to move up the board as the camps this summer come to a close.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Names weren't given on the show but the names in the rumor mill are Reub, Shaq, OJ, Kenny and Matthews. But, who knows?

It is June and I'm already tired of this!

EDIT: It was Foster, Wiggins and Howard. He also said if Rodgers commits Bigelow will flip in order to play with Rodgers, Blackson and Irvin-Sills. He also said Liner and Lawson did a great job of talking up AU and are in a lot of guys heads.

Lawson up to 12 in the Rivals rankings. He also said look for Irvin-Sills to move up the board as the camps this summer come to a close.

I won't count any chickens based on what somebody reported that a 2014 recruit said at a camp, but if any of that's true, I'll be tickled.

I have read in several places that Lawson and Liner are indeed campaigning hard. Love it.

• 3 weeks later...

Is that Reuben Foster with him in the last pic? Do you think Foster's whispering to him "don't tell anybody but I'm going to Auburn"?

I was right!!!! Lol

In case anybody was concerned about Trey Johnson following Ted Roof to PSU:

“Trey was going to honor his relationship with Coach Roof, he was going to take his official visit up there – and you don’t ever know what a kid will do after an official visit,” Wofford said. “He was going to give Coach Roof the respect to go up there and give them a good look. But that won’t be an option now after all the NCAA stuff.”

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2012/07/23/penn-states-top-recruiting-target-in-georgia-no-longer-interested/?cxntfid=blogs_recruiting

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is a new article on Trey from the Gwinnett Daily Post:

http://www.gwinnettp...s-a-linebackers

He says in there his new DC is running the same defense we will be running at AU. This gets me excited because he won't have as much learning to do like if he was running a totally different scheme.

Nice find, thanks for posting.

Thanks- His comments about the defensive scheme definitely sound encouraging.

FWIW, I'm hearing that Trey is still optimistic about our chances with Adams and T. Matthews. These guys seem to like the idea of being part of the top defensive class. That's not exactly breaking news at this point, but it is always good to hear.

FWIW, I'm hearing that Trey is still optimistic about our chances with Adams and T. Matthews. These guys seem to like the idea of being part of the top defensive class. That's not exactly breaking news at this point, but it is always good to hear.

I have heard trey has not stood out at any of the Summer camps and he has dropped from a high 4 to just a 4 star. I have seen him and he is really great. It will be interesting follwoing his senior season. He is a tackling machine. We are getting ready to have one heck of a LB crew.

I have heard trey has not stood out at any of the Summer camps and he has dropped from a high 4 to just a 4 star. I have seen him and he is really great. It will be interesting follwoing his senior season. He is a tackling machine. We are getting ready to have one heck of a LB crew.

Where he struggled at camps was in coverage. They were not tackling exhibitions or he would have excelled. He will have to improve his coverage skills when he is playing OLB at Auburn.

These camps cannot show great instincts or tackling ability. Trey will move back up after his senior season, when he again dominates where it matters, playing real football.

These camps cannot show great instincts or tackling ability. Trey will move back up after his senior season, when he again dominates where it matters, playing real football.

E makes a great point though. He will need to get serious about his pass coverage skills for college.

When Reuben flipped I remember reading over on AE about what Trey thought about it since they are both listed as MLBs. Someone stated Trey was cool with it because the coaches told him he would be playing on the outside anyway due to his great coverage skills. Was this misinformation or did I get the two confused and Reuben will move to the outside?

You got the information right, coverage in 7 on 7's for a linebacker is different than in a real defense.

^^^^THIS^^^^ Trey on the outside of Reuben with Frost on the other....Subbing Davis/McKinnzy/Toney etc.....NICE!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hopefully it's just because he's stated in the past that he would still be taking visits. Maybe it's time for one of those visits now?

Not sure what your question is.

Archived