2013 4* LB Trey Johnson (Ohio State signee)

RunInRed

@ChadSimmons_

#Auburn commit Trey Johnson has set up his official visit to #USCfor the weekend of January 18.

January 18 is a weird date...Why wouldn't he schedule one for when they have a game?

Perhaps that's good news for us. Perhaps he thought, "When is the best time of the year to take a free vacation to warm, sunny southern California, and not miss anything important closer to home?" I guess the scary part of it, though, is how close that is before NSD.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ChadSimmons_

#Auburn commit Trey Johnson has set up his official visit to #USCfor the weekend of January 18.

January 18 is a weird date...Why wouldn't he schedule one for when they have a game?

Perhaps that's good news for us. Perhaps he thought, "When is the best time of the year to take a free vacation to warm, sunny southern California, and not miss anything important closer to home?" I guess the scary part of it, though, is how close that is before NSD.

Not really when you consider Auburn will be his closest and last visit before NSD.

@ChadSimmons_

Not really when you consider Auburn will be his closest and last visit before NSD.

Thank Goodness. He has the skills to be an All-American at OLB.

If the coaching staff stays largely in tact, he'll be a Tiger next season. Unless Chizik does actually go and we retool everything, most the the defensive staff should be fine.

If the coaching staff stays largely in tact, he'll be a Tiger next season. Unless Chizik does actually go and we retool everything, most the the defensive staff should be fine.

+1

• 1 month later...

From that Espn video, it sure does look like flipping might happen. Also based off of Trey Johnsons twitter, he is gone too.

Provide tweets please.

From that Espn video, it sure does look like flipping might happen. Also based off of Trey Johnsons twitter, he is gone too.

Provide tweets please.

https://twitter.com/THEtreyjohnson

Yep, not looking good, but can you blame him with the soup sandwich of A season we've had?

Hopefully he will either decide to re-commit once a staff is in place or he goes to OSU where we won't have to play him except in a bowl situation. Kid is a stud and would be a certified hell-raiser at JHS. Good luck him either way.

Hopefully he will either decide to re-commit once a staff is in place or he goes to OSU where we won't have to play him except in a bowl situation. Kid is a stud and would be a certified hell-raiser at JHS. Good luck him either way.

I think his heart is set on playing MLB or ILB which will not happen with Foster being here or unless we switch to a 3-4.

I think his heart is set on playing MLGB or ILB which will not happen with Foster being here or unless we switch to a 3-4.

If that's the case then he's doing no one but himself a dis-service. He has a ton of tackles as a HS MLB but would fit as a prototypical WLB in a 4-3 scheme. He has Derrick Brooks/Sean Weatherspoon type of skills. We'll see what happens but I'm not overly optimistic.

Archived