2013 4* LB Trey Johnson (Ohio State signee)

RunInRed

Man this one really stinks. I actually liked what I've seen from trey on film better than reuben. He doesn't have the size but he skewed more linebacker skills IMO. in most of reuben's highlights he goes straight into the back field untouched, but I saw trey fighting off blocks to make plays. I sure hope the new coach can convince him to come back but him decommitting before he even knows who that is going to be doesn't seem like a good sign

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just from reading his twitter, he really seemed to love his visit to Ohio State. And they need LBs in the worst way. And, like ellitor said, he wants to play the middle, and I can't see that happening with Reuben coming, and Cassanova emerging.

Guys, I wouldn't worry to much about this loss. I've seen this kid play the last two years and NOT just highlights. Not very impressive.

This kid has offers from 20 major D1 colleges, including 7 SEC schools. Not impressive at all.

Well, it stinks, but we have a shot to get him, Williams, and the kid who is committed but who Auburn does not lead for (lol why be committed in that case, but whatever).

Wonder what Trey thinks of Gus being hired?

Probably is waiting to see who the DC and LB coach is before making an opinion.

I think he is gone reguardless. Hope I'm wrong.

That's sort of the feeling I get as well.

I think it's probably been going that way ever since RF committed.

I think it's probably been going that way ever since RF committed.

yea there seemed to be momentum going in the wrong direction with him for a while. seems like alot to overcome. hope that he comes back. he is a player

I read somewhere that he was not as thrilled as when he heard it might be Kirby Smart. That was from his coach I think. Either way it didnt sound all that promising but we'll have to see what happens with the DC hire.

BM tweeting that gus will visit him tomorrow at school

He just now tweeted that the visit has been postponed until next week but Coach Johnson may visit with Trey and his family tommorrow.

New Auburn defensive coordinator Ellis Johnson is scheduled to visit with 4-star linebacker Trey Johnson this afternoon at Central Gwinnett High School in Lawrenceville, Ga.
Link

Auburn MAY be able to get back in on Trey. The new staff is recruiting him to play in the middle which is where he wants to play.

Auburn MAY be able to get back in on Trey. The new staff is recruiting him to play in the middle which is where he wants to play.

How would this work if we got Reuben back. Just move him to the other LB position to make Trey happy?

How would this work if we got Reuben back. Just move him to the other LB position to make Trey happy?

well in a 4-2-5 there are 2 mlbs so im guessing on of them picture a 4-2-5 being the same as a 4-4 except one of those linebackers being a strong safety like Florence or Mcneal because honestly we have more linebackers than safeties anyway after this class comes in hoefully.

Archived