Anti-Rammer Jammer

jared52

So apparently Wisconsin students sing "Build Me Up Buttercup" when they beat someone. It's their version of Rammer Jammer without, you know, lacking class.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So apparently Wisconsin students sing "Build Me Up Buttercup" when they beat someone. It's there version of Rammer Jammer without, you know, lacking class.

I dunno, do they tell the other team to go to hell at the end of it?

So apparently Wisconsin students sing "Build Me Up Buttercup" when they beat someone. It's there version of Rammer Jammer without, you know, lacking class.

I dunno, do they tell the other team to go to hell at the end of it?

I guess you haven't figured out that you don't have to say "go to hell" to imply "go to hell". Oh, that's right you're an Alabama fan. Guess you do.

I guess you haven't figured out that you don't have to say "go to hell" to imply "go to hell". Oh, that's right you're an Alabama fan. Guess you do.

Seriously, worst retort ever.

Also, quotations go on the outside of punctuation. They taught me that when I took English.

Also, quotations go on the outside of punctuation. They taught me that when I took English.

Where did you learn English?

Yeah, grammar lessons on the Internet are great retorts though.

Yeah, grammar lessons on the Internet are great retorts though.

It has to do with another thread. I'm not a fan of them either.

So apparently Wisconsin students sing "Build Me Up Buttercup" when they beat someone. It's their version of Rammer Jammer without, you know, lacking class.

WTF? How is this anything like the rj song by the uat bammies? That's quite a stretch. The crowd is singing along to a tune being played over the PA system. Unlike the updykes, the band is not leading the song and the crowd is not openly taunting the other team en masse about "beating the hell out of somebody." Anybody school that routinely does that ... deserves to be told to GO TO HELL!

I prefer when our band plays Hey Baby, myself. Always a great indicator that we've just won the game, and the celebration is to commence.

:cheers:

Apparently you should have studied English somewhere beside UAT. They failed to inform you of certain situations where that does not apply. It's really not surprising that details would be overlooked in an education from Tuskaloser though. A school that flies a national championship flag for a year when they finished third in the conference and 20th in the AP poll can't put much importance on details.

Where did you learn English?

Quotation marks ARE a form of punctuation. Their placement depends on their usage. In this case AU_alum used them correctly since the period ends the sentence in which the quotation is used and not the sentence within the quotation marks.

"A school that flies a national championship flag for a year when they finished third in the conference and 20th in the AP poll can't put much importance on details."

:roflol:

Not because I want to belabor the discussion/point of grammar, but...

Apparently you should have studied English somewhere beside UAT. They failed to inform you of certain situations where that does not apply. It's really not surprising that details would be overlooked in an education from Tuskaloser though. A school that flies a national championship flag for a year when they finished third in the conference and 20th in the AP poll can't put much importance on details.

And

Quotation marks ARE a form of punctuation. Their placement depends on their usage. In this case AU_alum used them correctly since the period ends the sentence in which the quotation is used and not the sentence within the quotation marks.

http://www.grammarbook.com/punctuation/quotes.asp

Rule 1. Periods and commas always go inside quotation marks, even inside single quotes.

Examples: The sign changed from "Walk," to "Don't Walk," to "Walk" again within 30 seconds.

She said, "Hurry up."

She said, "He said, 'Hurry up.'"

And

http://www.grammarbook.com/punctuation/quotes.asp

Rule 1. Periods and commas always go inside quotation marks, even inside single quotes.

Examples: The sign changed from "Walk," to "Don't Walk," to "Walk" again within 30 seconds.

She said, "Hurry up."

She said, "He said, 'Hurry up.'"

That's a swing and miss, BG. Go back to CJBas's post and then study a little more.

That's a swing and miss, BG. Go back to CJBas's post and then study a little more.

I posted a link with a rule, how is that a swing and a miss?

You don't end a sentence with and end quote then punctuation. Just because I'm an Alabama fan doesn't change that.

I'm waiting for your rule or MLA stylings guide that indicates that I am wrong.

They don't get to call me out like I'm some idiot without me offering a rebuttal.

As stupid as arguing grammar on the internet is, I can't have people thinking Mikey is right and then misusing quotes in their business emails because of it. :)

WTF? How is this anything like the rj song by the uat bammies? That's quite a stretch. The crowd is singing along to a tune being played over the PA system. Unlike the updykes, the band is not leading the song and the crowd is not openly taunting the other team en masse about "beating the hell out of somebody." Anybody school that routinely does that ... deserves to be told to GO TO HELL!

That would be why I titled the thread, "Anti-Rammer Jammer" in that it's like Rammer Jammer because it is used as the song they sing when they win, but anti in that it doesn't say that they "just beat the hell out of" some directional school.

Did I use my quotes right, BG?

Ha! Yes, I was just admiring them as I read your post. ;)

BG is back and the old pot stirring begins. Geez it was nice when he was gone. Hopefully that will occur again after their game with LSU. Goro Tigahs!!!!

Then why are you belaboring the point?

BTW, you can discuss grammar or belabor a point of grammar, but you don't belabor discussions. :big:

BG is back and the old pot stirring begins. Geez it was nice when he was gone. Hopefully that will occur again after their game with LSU. Goro Tigahs!!!!

I can be gone now, just find the ignore button.

I can be gone now, just find the ignore button.

And you can KMA at Toomers Corner along with your buddy Harvey.

Archived