Just what the doctor ordered

StatTiger

Will the Ole Miss defense be just what the doctor ordered for an ailing Auburn offense?

• Looking back over the last 20 meetings against Ole Miss, Cameron Newton had the highest QB rating (175.6) in 2010 and Chris Todd’s performance in 2009 was fourth best at 150.5. The average pass rating over the past 20 meetings against Ole Miss was 128.0.
  • During the last 3 meetings against Houston Nutt’s Ole Miss Rebels, the Auburn offense has averaged 455.7 yards per game.
  • The Rebel defense comes to Jordan-Hare currently ranked No. 110 in total defense, No. 79 in scoring defense and No. 115 in run defense.
  • Michael Dyer’s 180-yards rushing against Ole Miss in 2010 was the second most rushing yardage gained against Ole Miss in the past 20 meetings. Ben Tate’s 144-yards rushing in 2009 was the 5th best performance.
  • The Ole Miss defense has allowed 223-yards rushing per game this season. Taking the leading rusher from the seven opponents they have faced this season, they have averaged 136.3 yards per game on 7.7 yards per rush. This includes giving up seven 100-yard individual performances.
  • In 2008, Chris Slaughter had 131-yards receiving and Tim Hawthorne had 60-yards receiving against Ole Miss. In 2009, Darvin Adams had 68-yards receiving and Terrell Zachery had 83-yards receiving against the Rebels. In 2010, Darvin Adams had 75-yards receiving and Emory Blake had 88-yards receiving against Ole Miss.
  • Philip Lutzenkirchen has never caught a pass against the Rebels (He's comin!).
  • In the last 3 meetings against Houston Nutt’s Ole Miss Rebels, Auburn has averaged 6.59 yards per play on first down, converted 46.5 percent of their 3rd downs and generated 10 impact plays per meetings.

Get well soon Auburn!

No doubt having Emory and Trovon back will be a big help. Last I heard Emory was still day to day but Trovon was at full speed. We've needed some help in that department during the past couple of weeks and it looks like having those guys back against this Ole Miss team will be a perfect opportunity for them to get their feet wet again.

Interesting stats, thanks. Before the season I jotted down we'd score in the 50s against Ole Miss and that hasn't changed. This is such an important game though (in the sense a loss would be so utterly discouraging to this young team) that I'll take any win.

No doubt having Emory and Trovon back will be a big help. Last I heard Emory was still day to day but Trovon was at full speed. We've needed some help in that department during the past couple of weeks and it looks like having those guys back against this Ole Miss team will be a perfect opportunity for them to get their feet wet again.

I think AU can take Ole Miss without Blake. I'd rather see him rest up for the UGA game where he will truly be needed.

Interesting stats, thanks. Before the season I jotted down we'd score in the 50s against Ole Miss and that hasn't changed. This is such an important game though (in the sense a loss would be so utterly discouraging to this young team) that I'll take any win.

Not sure how to look at this game. On one hand, it appears the Ole Miss defense stinks, which should be great for Auburn. On the other hand, AU has scored 9 TD's in their last 5 games combined. It would be sweet to hang 30 on the Rebs. Of course AU might be saving all their points for the Alabama game. :lol:

Archived