Where was the outrage?

Tigermike

With the obviously disingenuous and trumped up outrage over the Trayvon Martin case it made me wonder why wasn't the left outraged over this? What makes the Trayvon Martin case different from this and thousands more each year across the country?

OUR VIEW: Police have arrested and charged two teenagers with five counts of capital murder in the horrific Ensley massacre; we hope more arrests on the way (updated)

Published: Thursday, February 02, 2012, 5:45 AM Updated: Thursday, February 02, 2012, 8:19 AM

The Birmingham police believe they have their men, at least two of them. Except Rashad Stoves and Artavius Underwood, each charged with five counts of capital murder in the horrific Ensley Highlands massacre this past weekend, are not really men.

Stoves, a 17-year-old junior at Wenonah High School, and Underwood, a 16-year-old junior at Wenonah, are hardly more than boys. Stoves also has been charged with two counts of first-degree robbery and attempted murder in two unrelated cases, according to police. Our system of justice presumes the two are innocent until proved guilty.

Two other men were arrested with Stoves on Sunday night. One was released while the other was charged in an unrelated robbery. Police said the two men would not be charged at this time in the multiple killings.

Even in a city with a violent history, the scale of the killings is shocking, especially since Birmingham's homicide rate has plunged in the past half-decade. We hope this case doesn't signal a reversal in that trend.

There is much yet that we don't know about this case, starting with the killers' motive. With large-scale, execution-style killings, it is easy to jump to conclusions. And yet, that would be unfair to the victims who, according to those who knew them, were hardworking, law-abiding men.

"These guys worked; they didn't sell drugs or have guns," Angie Render told The News' Carol Robinson. "They weren't gang-bangers. These were good people."

Render lost her son, Charles "C.J." Render, 21, and brother, 42-year-old Ronnie Render, as well as her cousin Demetrius Sanford, 19, and godsons Jeffrey Davis Jr., 23, and Jonathan Sanchez, 23.

Ronnie Render worked two jobs and was married with five children, Angie Render said. C.J. Render also worked two jobs and graduated from Jackson-Olin High School with honors, his mother said. Sanchez was a cook at The Summit Club downtown who was just named Employee of the Month, said Ravenn Carlton, who described him as the love of her life. She gave birth to their daughter Amelia last year. Sanford was a junior at Parker High School, while Davis worked at a cash-for-gold store in Forestdale, according to his mother, Sharon Baker.

Birmingham police responding to a robbery-in-progress call found the five victims inside Angie Render's rental home on Avenue S in Ensley. Four had been shot execution-style, while Sanford, who had driven up to the house during the attack, was dragged from a car and into the home by the attackers and shot. Render said the victims had been playing cards.

In the coming days and weeks, we likely will learn much more about what happened and why as Birmingham police continue their investigation. To the department's credit, they have made quick progress, with suspects in custody Sunday night less than 24 hours after the killings; the first capital murder charges came Tuesday, with more on Wednesday. Chief A.C. Roper said in a statement Tuesday night that investigators continue to "work diligently to identify every single individual involved in this horrific crime." Let's hope they do, and that those who committed this heinous crime are charged, tried, convicted and removed from society for the rest of their days.

In the meantime, we offer our thoughts and prayers to the loved ones of the victims in this horrific, senseless massacre.

link

Stories like this don't promote the agenda which the White House needs in order to solidify the voting block for Obama.

Give hope a chance, and what not.

Sounds like they have been arrested and charged. My guess is they are in jail awaiting trial.

That's the way it is supposed to work. So what is your point?

Sounds like they have been arrested and charged. My guess is they are in jail awaiting trial.

That's the way it is supposed to work. So what is your point?

You really have problems don't you.

Where was the outrage with this senseless massacre? Why the manufactured outrage in Florida but nothing here? What's the difference? Don't say because they arrested these punks but no arrest in Florida, because the desire for blood was flowing quickly in Florida. The race mongers jumped on the FL incident early and have stayed on in. What's the difference?

Have the suspects in B'ham been arrested and charged? Has Zimmerman been arrested and charged?

Have the suspects in B'ham been arrested and charged? Has Zimmerman been arrested and charged?

Is the investigation in Florida over? You and the rest of the looney left were calling for his head on a platter before the kid made it to the morgue.

Oh and since you seem to be limited to the murders in Birmingham, it goes much further. Where is the outrage 1,000 times over all over the country with murders of young black? What's the difference in them and Martin?

Why the selective outrage? What made Martin worthy of your outrage but none of the 1,000's do?

I just don't see how this is related. The outrage in Florida is because they want Zimmerman charged and arrested. The boys in this case were charged and arrested.

There was no outrage, because in Birmingham, things went as most would expect. In Florida, you can't say the same.

I just don't see how this is related. The outrage in Florida is because they want Zimmerman charged and arrested. The boys in this case were charged and arrested.

There was no outrage, because in Birmingham, things went as most would expect. In Florida, you can't say the same.

It's not limited to Birmingham. In Florida they have pumped up and manufactured outrage while the investigation is still ongoing. There are 1,000's of young black men killed each year and hardly ever the media and far left race pimps jump on their grandstands. What makes the Florida case so different?

It's because they are not related.

Is the investigation in Florida over? You and the rest of the looney left were calling for his head on a platter before the kid made it to the morgue.

Oh and since you seem to be limited to the murders in Birmingham, it goes much further. Where is the outrage 1,000 times over all over the country with murders of young black? What's the difference in them and Martin?

Why the selective outrage? What made Martin worthy of your outrage but none of the 1,000's do?

Because the person who murdered him is free?

Because the person who murdered him is free?

And the investigation is over and you know it was murder,,,,,,,,,,,, because Al Sharpton told you.

Hence nobody on the left or right being outraged by it

Except of course, Mike :roflol:

Hence nobody on the left or right being outraged by it

Except of course, Mike :roflol:

I wasn't outraged I was shocked. Nor am I outraged about the Florida incident, I am disgusted at the left's manufactured and selective outrage.

But you guys keep dancing around like a one peg leg to avoid answering why the Florida incident outrages you and the 1,000's of other murders don't.

But you guys keep dancing around like a one peg leg

Yes sir, master sir

pegleg.jpg

Just can't get away from the race baiting can you.

This.

This.

And how many 1,000's of young black men are killed and no one is ever charged?

No this manufactured outrage in Florida is more than just wanting someone charged and arrested.

But you guys keep dancing around like a one peg leg

Yes sir, master sir

pegleg.jpg

Just can't get away from the race baiting can you.

Hoodie says what?

Archived