Jessica Resigns

cammycam

Headlines:

"Petrino's mistress resigns from position"

"There are no plans to re-fill the job"

:roflol:

Probably not the happy ending she was expecting.

Headlines:

"Petrino's mistress resigns from position"

"There are no plans to re-fill the job"

:roflol:

Probably not the happy ending she was expecting.

Yeah she probably thought he was going to marry her. :blink:

Officially hired 3/28, the accident was 4/1, she gets $14k on 4/18 (in addition to the $20k you already got from Bobby). Not bad, nice work.

Oh, except for the fact that your name has been trashed, your engagement is over and now you have to find a new job.

Officially hired 3/28, the accident was 4/1, she gets $14k on 4/18 (in addition to the $20k you already got from Bobby). Not bad, nice work.

Oh, except for the fact that your name has been trashed, your engagement is over and now you have to find a new real job.

Fixed. ;)

Oh, except for the fact that your name has been trashed, your engagement is over and now you have won't be able to find a new real job.

Fixed. ;)

Fixededer. ;)

Here's a hypothetical question I'll ask as one who has done a bunch of hiring and also a few firings in my working career:

If, after a significant period of "mourning" say six months, Jessica Dorrell applied for a position at your company. Say she was well qualified and appeared to be the best person for the job. Say you asked about her prior difficulties at Arkansas and she gave an explanation about being in love and losing her senses. Suppose she sold you on the idea that she'd learned from her mistakes and wanted a position of some importance where she could prove her worth as a productive employee.

Would you hire her or would you trash her application before she even interviewed?

I think I'd give her a chance, but I was always a soft-hearted Joe, big on second chances.

Petrino is the one that broke Arkansas school policies, not her.

The $14,000 sounds like a fee to have her not tell her story about what went on at Arkansas to the the press. $14,000 would not have been enough if it was a politician and or the tabloids and news channels were interested.....

The e-mail also noted that, as part of her resignation, Dorrell agreed she won't attempt to sell or profit from her affiliation with Arkansas athletics, and that the university will pay her about $14,000 as part of "a settlement and resolution of all matters between the parties."

Here's a hypothetical question I'll ask as one who has done a bunch of hiring and also a few firings in my working career:

If, after a significant period of "mourning" say six months, Jessica Dorrell applied for a position at your company. Say she was well qualified and appeared to be the best person for the job. Say you asked about her prior difficulties at Arkansas and she gave an explanation about being in love and losing her senses. Suppose she sold you on the idea that she'd learned from her mistakes and wanted a position of some importance where she could prove her worth as a productive employee.

Would you hire her or would you trash her application before she even interviewed?

I think I'd give her a chance, but I was always a soft-hearted Joe, big on second chances.

I'm not married, I would hire her.

It certainly depends on what your company does and your place in that company. I, EVEN as a woman, would certainly consider her credentials. She set her own bar higher, however, because not only will she be scrutinized more harshly than she would have been, anyone who hires her will be also. Plus, you have to consider how it makes the company look. If it's Hustler or Playboy..no prob! If it's Chick-fil-A..probably not a good idea. She has limited her scope of employment opportunities, and I'm not sure how big they were to begin with. I do not wish her hell the rest of her life. She made very poor decisions and I think she's learning a valuable and painful lesson. I guess time will tell. Perhaps she can find a job working at an old-folks home! lol. (Actually, I'm almost Petrino's age and that's NOT OLD!).

Despite my wisecrack immediately before you asked your question, I think I'd process her normally for most jobs (excepting national security, youth guidance counselor, others I haven't thought of yet). She might be a bad person, but she's more likely a normal person who made a bad mistake. And she is being roundly punished for that mistake, and it's hard to imagine she's not learning from it, as you mention.

Also, when it comes down to it, that mistake probably has no bearing whatsoever on her ability to perform her job.

I'd give her fair consideration for the position if she was qualified. She's a former athlete with an MBA, both solid positives to me on most resumes. I've done a tremendous amount of hiring (and firing) in my career and have a lot of HR background.

She made a stupid mistake and it blew up in a very public way. Sadly, I know of a few situations where this exact thing happened. A single/younger girl (basically college age) getting involved in something with an older male of influence. Fortunately for the girls I know that got into those predicaments, they didn't end up on ESPN with their indiscretions on display for the world to judge. And, in each case, they were all good people and now have normal, successful lives and relationships.

I'd give her fair consideration for the position if she was qualified. She's a former athlete with an MBA, both solid positives to me on most resumes. I've done a tremendous amount of hiring (and firing) in my career and have a lot of HR background.

She made a stupid mistake and it blew up in a very public way. Sadly, I know of a few situations where this exact thing happened. A single/younger girl (basically college age) getting involved in something with an older male of influence. Fortunately for the girls I know that got into those predicaments, they didn't end up on ESPN with their indiscretions on display for the world to judge. And, in each case, they were all good people and now have normal, successful lives and relationships.

And if it had not been for a very public motorcyle accident, she and Petrino would still be working at Arky..............

If Petrino had been wearing a helmet we might not know about it......

Archived