The OFFICIAL Coach Paw has gotta go thread.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jared52 is more likely to be correct. Three wins over a bottom-tier team doesn't mean that the odd managerial decisions made during games are going to stop. After all, we've been seeing those for four years.

NOW: If the team continues to "keep their head in the game" like they did the last four games, that may make a difference. Lazy errors and stuff like throwing to the wrong base were absent and those are things the players themselves can fix, coaching or no. Maybe they should have a serious team meeting every week!

jared52 is more likely to be correct. Three wins over a bottom-tier team doesn't mean that the odd managerial decisions made during games are going to stop. After all, we've been seeing those for four years.

NOW: If the team continues to "keep their head in the game" like they did the last four games, that may make a difference. Lazy errors and stuff like throwing to the wrong base were absent and those are things the players themselves can fix, coaching or no. Maybe they should have a serious team meeting every week!

I agree! All I know is that they came out and took Tennessee by the throat and for the most part ripped them to shreds. They fell behind for an inning and a third the entire series. Granted it was Tennessee, but we were swept by a team up the road that is even worse. The UGA series is big for all involved with Arkansas and Florida up next.

Twice this weekend we've had a pitcher going great, shutting them down and not giving up runs. That was John Luke Jacobs on Friday and Justin Bryant today. In both cases, that pitcher was jerked for no apparent reason and the next guy got slapped around like some middle-school pitcher.

I think a bunch of us have seen enough, the same things have been going on for four years. I hope JJ sees it the same way.

Getting swept by UA and UGA, and losing two out of three to Vandy is hugely disappointing. I was pretty optimistic after going 4-2 against Ole Miss and LSU but it was like climbing that first hill on a roller coaster.

The way he is coaching and the team is playing, I think they all expect it. It certainly looks like a team that wants to get the season over.

Yep....I think Coach Paw has run out of gas. More base runners blowing up chances (Saturday was a gift of a game to UGA) and leaving guys in to get hammered (Sunday, 2nd inning) and once again, foolish base running and a lack of adjustment killed them again. I'm going to the games this week and next weekend because I always do....but I do not expect much. Very, very disgusted.

I'm gonna save Jay about 14 seconds of research time...

Samford Baseball Office: 205-726-2134

Casey Dunn - Head Coach

cbdunn1@samford.edu

• 2 weeks later...

We will now finish 10th in the SEC this year. Had they not gone to a ten-team tournament as a dry run for next year when the league has 14 teams, we wouldn't have even made the Hoover tournament this year. Tonight's loss all but guarantees that the NCAA will pass on AU once again.

Steve Renfroe missed Hoover once and got fired. It's past time for Coach Paw to be moved right on out..

We will now finish 10th in the SEC this year. Had they not gone to a ten-team tournament as a dry run for next year when the league has 14 teams, we wouldn't have even made the Hoover tournament this year. Tonight's loss all but guarantees that the NCAA will pass on AU once again.

Steve Renfroe missed Hoover once and got fired. It's past time for Coach Paw to be moved right on out..

Samford scored 12 runs on UF and won the game. AU, with its chances of making the NCAA tourney on the line, can't even score 1 cruddy run on UF. I'm sure Paw is a good and honorable guy and probably knows quite a bit about BB, but his team is just a little north of being terrible. There simply is no good excuse for the sad state of affairs with AU BB.

My "understanding" is that Coach Paw will be back next season......just what I am hearing.

It has been obvious for a while that the PTB don't give a flying fart about the baseball program. Sub-mediocrity is all it takes to keep the HC job for 4-5 years.

It has been obvious for a while that the PTB don't give a flying fart about the baseball program. Sub-mediocrity is all it takes to keep the HC job for 4-5 years.

I agree. Maybe it's time to put JJ on a hot seat.

If we had a football coach that just finished 10th in the SEC after his fourth year, and had accomplished ZERO in those four years, he'd be a gone goose. Why they want us to look at this crap for yet another season is a mystery!

My "understanding" is that Coach Paw will be back next season......just what I am hearing.

If this is the case then IMO JJ is putting his job on the line with Paw. It is just not baseball; outside of football anything considered a major sport (mens and womens) does not look good right now and the future does not look good.

I understand. I talked to a couple of current baseball parents this weekend and there seems to be a theme on this team....the HC doesn't communicate very well with the players. Chemistry is not where it should be.

We'll see what happens, but I have been told that he has one more year to improve or it's on to someone else. He has a "class" coming in that is supposed to be one of the best in the country, but many of us expect a couple of them to head for the majors.

Take the three likely MLB signees out of it and the class is entirely ordinary. Of course, some or all of them could decide to attend AU instead of going pro but the odds on that are not good. A player like Hunter Morris turning down the money for college is a rare exception, the rule is to go pro if drafted in the top three rounds.

Archived