Auburn @ Georgia

Auburn down 5-1 ran into a lot of trouble in the bottom of the 6th and gave up 4 runs.

Wood (UGA) has 10k's on the night. Auburn not swinging the stick very well.

Auburn down 5-2. Going to the op of the 9th. Need 3 runs to keep playing.

Auburn has 12K's on the night. Loses 5-2. I hope Auburn brings their bats tomorrow.

So John Luke Jacobs is pretty much matching Wood pitch-for pitch, the score is 1-1 in the bottom of the 6th with one out. The second UGA batter of the inning taps a dribbler to third and beats it out...why in the name of all that's holy to you yank Jacobs at that point? It's not like the guy ripped into the pitch or something. But we do change pitchers and....

The next pitcher gives up a solid hit, walks two and hits one and the next guy after that walks in another run and when the dust has cleared Georgia is ahead 5-1.

I hate losing to UGA, and in particular I hate losing to them when there seems to be no good reason for it. Tonight, we pretty much shot our own foot off with errors and an unnecessary pitching change.

Lost game 2 5-6 in 10 innings. Error by shortstop lead to tying and would have ended game with AU up 5-4..... :angry:

Errors and mental lapses in the field and mistakes running the bases are killing us. Also, two big rules of pitching are: DON'T walk the # 8 and #9 hitters in their lineup and DON'T walk the leadoff man in an inning. We do a bunch of that, routinely. :thumbsdown:

Remaining series with Arkansas & Florida left on the schedule.

What do you guys predict?

Baseball Rankings Last updated - May 1, 2012

#46 - But they were swept by bama, who is ranked #135 - Sad indeed.

SEC - 6 in the Top 25

Remaining series with Arkansas & Florida left on the schedule.

What do you guys predict?

Baseball Rankings Last updated - May 1, 2012

#46 - But they were swept by bama, who is ranked #135 - Sad indeed.

SEC - 6 in the Top 25

We'll be lucky to win 2-3 games in the two series combined.

Today we get a pitcher, Bryant, who pitches two scoreless innings allowing 2 hits and no walks. So we take him out. He didn't pitch any yesterday and shouldn't have been tired. There was no mention of injury. The next guy gets bombed! What's going on out there? :thumbsdown:

1-5 in the next two SEC series.......I can't see this team, with the calls being made, winning 2 to 3 games against UF and Arkansas. We have some guys doing good things, but with the base running, the errors, and questionable situational baseball I'm not sure we have what it takes to overcome it.

Archived