Says it in a plain sort of way

Tigermike

This is a good one. Thanks for sharing. When I read the word 'sewer' my first thought was Birmingham's debt. Over time that word has become a trigger to make me think of B'ham.

If you don't think Romney raises the debt ceiling, you're even more delusional than I thought.

As long as he makes an effort to lower the deficit I could live with it. With the chosen one it's spend, spend, spend and spend some more. No worries necessary.

If you don't think Romney raises the debt ceiling, you're even more delusional than I thought.

As long as he makes an effort to lower the deficit I could live with it. With the chosen one it's spend, spend, spend and spend some more. No worries necessary.

Would you cut the Pentagon's budget?

You're not going to draw me into one of your useless blathering matches. Obama would have spent three times as much as he has if allowed to. He is a spending buffoon. End of story.

You're not going to draw me into one of your useless blathering matches. Obama would have spent three times as much as he has if allowed to. He is a spending buffoon. End of story.

I had a momentary lapse and forgot you were utterly incapable of a substantive exchange. My bad.

Obama would have spent three times as much as he has if allowed to. He is a spending buffoon.

So true: http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterferrara/2012/06/14/president-obama-the-biggest-government-spender-in-world-history/

... Moreover, before Obama there had never been a deficit anywhere near $1 trillion. The highest previously was $458 billion, or less than half a trillion, in 2008. The federal deficit for the last budget adopted by a Republican controlled Congress was $161 billion for fiscal year 2007. But the budget deficits for Obama’s four years were reported in Obama’s own 2013 budget as $1.413 trillion for 2009, $1.293 trillion for 2010, $1.3 trillion for 2011, and $1.327 trillion for 2012, four years in a row of deficits of $1.3 trillion or more, the highest in world history. ...

And this is before obamacare kicks in. Only delusional obama supporters refuse to believe the facts right in front of them.

This is a good one. Thanks for sharing. When I read the word 'sewer' my first thought was Birmingham's debt. Over time that word has become a trigger to make me think of B'ham.

Birmingham and sewer debt have become synonymous haven't they.

I think it could be cut big time by cutting out earmarks and sweetheart deals inserted by congress.

I think it could be cut big time by cutting out earmarks and sweetheart deals inserted by congress.

Yet you wouldn't cut a drop of entitlements. Interesting.

At least military spending leads directly to jobs. Instead of incentivizing people to stay at home and not work.

(For the record, I would cut military spending).

Yet you wouldn't cut a drop of entitlements. Interesting.

At least military spending leads directly to jobs. Instead of incentivizing people to stay at home and not work.

(For the record, I would cut military spending).

I was responding specifically to TT's remark:

And yes there is plenty in the Pentagon's budget that could be cut and not harm or diminish the military's survival or ability to accomplish their mission. We all know there are probably 100's maybe 1,000's of earmarks slipped into the DOD budget every year. Cut them out.

As for entitlement spending, there needs to be significant cuts. Significant.

Sorry Tigermike, I was meaning to grab TT's question, not your rebut.

I thought that afterwards but no big deal, it made me say more than I did originally.

DebtCeiling.jpg

To fix the flood in the basement, we'd have to cut spending and raise taxes. Neither candidate is offering that solution.

And it may come to raising taxes, BUT the spending has to be cut first. DEEPLY.

PS - Do you think they could revise the tax codes enough to make a difference? Should illegal immigrants get huge illegal tax rebates? Should some get huge tax rebates each year and never pay anything into the system?

Increasing taxes might help. But the problem is, people want to do that instead of being fiscally responsible. When 50% of the people aren't paying any income taxes, I'd say we're focusing on the wrong issue.

Stop incentivizing unemployment and look at culling the military budget should be agendas 1 and 1a.

Basic math dictates you cannot reduce the debt without raising taxes.

One candidate won't cut spending, and the other candidate won't raise taxes.

DebtCeiling.jpg

To fix the flood in the basement, we'd have to cut spending and raise taxes. Neither candidate is offering that solution.

And it may come to raising taxes, BUT the spending has to be cut first. DEEPLY.

PS - Do you think they could revise the tax codes enough to make a difference? Should illegal immigrants get huge illegal tax rebates? Should some get huge tax rebates each year and never pay anything into the system?

I have no faith that congress will reform the tax code. They only modify the tax structure to exert their power.

The only way the republicans will agree to tax reform is if it is a massive tax cut. Romney has said he would not raise taxes even with 10:1 spending cuts:tax increases.

Only if you subscribe to the liberal notion that you must spend every penny you take in. And that raising taxes doesn't squelch productivity. Which, I'm guessing, you do...

I had a momentary lapse and forgot you were utterly incapable of a substantive exchange. My bad.

Whatevuh trevuh. Our interpretations of the word "substantive" differ greatly, lol.

Only if you subscribe to the liberal notion that you must spend every penny you take in. And that raising taxes doesn't squelch productivity. Which, I'm guessing, you do...

This is math, not liberal/conservative. If all discretionary and 92% of the defense budget were cut, we'd have a balanced budget. I consider that impossible.

If we want a balanced budget, revenues must be raised. This means increasing taxes.

This is math, not liberal/conservative. If all discretionary and 92% of the defense budget were cut, we'd have a balanced budget. I consider that impossible.

If we want a balanced budget, revenues must be raised. This means increasing taxes.

We had a balanced budget in 2001. Are you honestly saying that the Bush tax cuts accounted for more $ than did all discretionary and 92% of the defense budget? I'm not buying that for a second.

We had a balanced budget in 2001. Are you honestly saying that the Bush tax cuts accounted for more $ than did all discretionary and 92% of the defense budget? I'm not buying that for a second.

There were other things that increased the deficit since 2001 than the tax cuts. The defense budget has about doubled. A new entitlement was added to medicare. Medicare, SS, and interest on the debt have all inherently increased in cost in that time frame.

Archived