former player admits Alabama buys recruits

bigsixfive

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is crazy. Who is this? What station is it on? Will they be invited back next week?

Alabama fans are so destructive. If anyone else wins, it's time to blow it all up.

It's a show that unfortunately is on my cable. I think it's called "Crimson Comments"......I believe it's on WVUA. It's really stupid, I don't even see how anyone watches it

WVUA is owned by UAT. Explains everything..........

http://wvuatv.com/content/about-wvua

"WVUA 7 and WUOA 23 are commercial television stations operated by the University of Alabama in the College of Communication and Information Sciences. Our broadcasts can be seen from Mississippi to Georgia across the Birmingham television market on Cable, Direct TV, Dish Net, U-Verse, and Over-the-Air. Our broadcast antenna is located on Red Mountain in Birmingham and we reach an estimated 1.8 million viewers in the market and up to 3 million viewers within the large broadcast signal. The stations simulcast programming and are listed as WVUA+ for ratings purposes."

This is so typical of the retarded, hypocritical rationale of a bammer mind. They make all sorts of accusations and excuses for Foster flipping while ignoring the facts surrounding the flipping of Callaway and Yeldon. They are just plian sickos. No other wy to put it.

WVUA is owned by UAT. Explains everything..........

So the dumbing down of America is true?'!?!?!

http://wvuatv.com/content/about-wvua

"WVUA 7 and WUOA 23 are commercial television stations operated by the University of Alabama in the College of Communication and Information Sciences. Our broadcasts can be seen from Mississippi to Georgia across the Birmingham television market on Cable, Direct TV, Dish Net, U-Verse, and Over-the-Air. Our broadcast antenna is located on Red Mountain in Birmingham and we reach an estimated 1.8 million viewers in the market and up to 3 million viewers within the large broadcast signal. The stations simulcast programming and are listed as WVUA+ for ratings purposes."

The whole clip is laughable however what I found the most laughable was the former UA player's insight on the Auburn Program. He's a former player and full fledged member of the Updyke nation yet he somehow knows the ins and outs of the Auburn program and the group of guys that run the program. Yea right!

I say let them think we are cheating and we're simply too smart to get caught. That's a lot of fun if you play it correctly.

Lets see: "We gave Cam $200,000, we've been giving dozens of athletes tens of thousands of dollars for over twenty years now and nobody can find a dime. We've developed a system for un-numbered, secret ATM cards, something the Treasury Dept. and the IRS say is impossible to do. The NCAA, FBI, CIA, NCIS, Sherlock Holmes and every bamzo under the sun have been investigating for years now and they can't catch us doing anything wrong. You guys still think an Auburn education is second-rate? Judging by what you are saying, we're way smarter than anybody else!"

I say let them think we are cheating and we're simply too smart to get caught. That's a lot of fun if you play it correctly.

Lets see: "We gave Cam $200,000, we've been giving dozens of athletes tens of thousands of dollars for over twenty years now and nobody can find a dime. We've developed a system for un-numbered, secret ATM cards, something the Treasury Dept. and the IRS say is impossible to do. The NCAA, FBI, CIA, NCIS, Sherlock Holmes and every bamzo under the sun have been investigating for years now and they can't catch us doing anything wrong. You guys still think an Auburn education is second-rate? Judging by what you are saying, we're way smarter than anybody else!"

Don't forget, they even resorted to fabricating audio tapes, of Cecil leaving a voice mail on John Bond's answering machine, proving Auburn was in on the deal to buy Cam.

John Copeland really needs to shut his mouth. He has a filter like Charles Barkely, but thankfully not the massive pub.

But it is funny that when Copeland says this, it's true... But what do you guys think when Chuck is constantly popping off about AU and getting paid?

I don't know who does & doesn't get paid in college athletics in 2012. However, I think that we can all agree that the nature of the NCAA was a bit different in the early 1980's.

If you want to compare Barkley's words about getting paid in 1984 to Copeland's comments about the current state of affairs at Alabama, I think we would all be happy to take that comparison.

I don't know who does & doesn't get paid in college athletics in 2012. However, I think that we can all agree that the nature of the NCAA was a bit different in the early 1980's.

If you want to compare Barkley's words about getting paid in 1984 to Copeland's comments about the current state of affairs at Alabama, I think we would all be happy to take that comparison.

Oh, I know it was a long time ago... So was the fact that the field at your stadium is named for an NCAA cheater.

I just think it's bogus to have teams in big time football, bitch and moan about their rivals paying players, when they should know dang well they do it too.

Are we at Alabama giving players cars? No, probably not. Are our boosters? Probably.

In case you've not noticed, almost all big time players have nice cars. Funny how that happens.

I have heard Copeland say he wasn't paid to come to Alabama, but that a team he wouldn't name from the SEC did offer money.

Are we at Alabama giving players cars? No, probably not. Are our boosters? Probably.

In case you've not noticed, almost all big time players at Alabama have nice cars. Funny how that happens.

I have heard Copeland say he wasn't paid to come to Alabama, but that a team he wouldn't name from the SEC did offer money.

Denial and deflection. Compare the rigs uat player drive vs what Cam drove. A friggen scooter. Saying ua-t doesn't pay players or buy them cars is nonsense. They just get their boosters, and men's wear shop owners to do that stuff for them.

i love it. these two are halarious. they need a regular show. ha

Anybody recall the junkers Ronnie Brown and Caddy Williams drove (or tried to drive) around campus? Frequently they had to be pushed off. Hear about Carlos Rogers washing and wearing the same pair of jeans every day because he couldn't afford another pair of pants? Maybe we should have got house sitting jobs for their parents, that seems to have worked well in Tuskaloser recently.

Oh, I know it was a long time ago... So was the fact that the field at your stadium is named for an NCAA cheater.

I just think it's bogus to have teams in big time football, bitch and moan about their rivals paying players, when they should know dang well they do it too.

In case you've not noticed, almost all big time players have nice cars. Funny how that happens.

Everbody knows uat cheats -- it's been ingrained into the culture since the 1920's. Don't forget that the almighty Bear Bryant ran afoul of the NCAA at two different institutions, TAMU & uat. Admittedly, no charges were ever filed during his tenures at Maryland & Kentucky, but then again that was before the NCAA started handing out rules violations in 1953. It's much like uat's recent textbook scandal -- they were only required to vacate wins from 2 years back. Why, because the textbooks were only being sold for 2 years before it became public? No, it's because uat only had records going 2 years back. So ... one can only speculate. Also, lets not forget that no cheating coach in the history of cfb has a cheating legacy anything like the coach your STADIUM is named after: You made a nice little crack at Pat Dye. Take a look at this list of cheating coaches:

Gene Stallings

Jackie Sherrill

Charlie Pell

Danny Ford

Mike Dumbose

Howard Schnellenberger

All Bryant disciples, and all blindly following "tradishun."

Sounds like an institutional control problem to me. :)

Also, I'll concede that the field in our stadium was named for someone who was Head Coach and AD during a time when we were found guilty of answering a players request for help and for providing access to easy loans.

Will you concede that your current coach has overseen a program that was placed on probation for laundering money through textbook sales? You've already said that he looks the other way when star players drive fancy cars.

Everbody knows uat cheats -- it's been ingrained into the culture since the 1920's. Don't forget that the almighty Bear Bryant ran afoul of the NCAA at two different institutions, TAMU & uat. Admittedly, no charges were ever filed during his tenures at Maryland & Kentucky, but then again that was before the NCAA started handing out rules violations in 1953. It's much like uat's recent textbook scandal -- they were only required to vacate wins from 2 years back. Why, because the textbooks were only being sold for 2 years before it became public? No, it's because uat only had records going 2 years back. So ... one can only speculate. Also, lets not forget that no cheating coach in the history of cfb has a cheating legacy anything like the coach your STADIUM is named after: You made a nice little crack at Pat Dye. Take a look at this list of cheating coaches:

Gene Stallings

Jackie Sherrill

Charlie Pell

Danny Ford

Mike Dumbose

Howard Schnellenberger

BINGO!

Gene Stallings

Jackie Sherrill

Charlie Pell

Danny Ford

Mike Dumbose

Howard Schnellenberger

Why you guys all have to live in the past? :roflol:

Do we have a history or bending and sometimes breaking rules? Sure do. Does Auburn? Yup.

Our current coach has never run into NCAA trouble nor has yours. Can't we just be happy with that?

Archived