TWO New Uni Sets Unveild Today!

Clint

First on today's uniform release news, Northwestern finally has released their new UnderArmour uniforms!! The 'uni-world' has been waiting for months to see what they did to them! UnderArmour has uploaded some videos about how they research everything- old uniforms, campus buildings, etc...- when they redesign these uniforms. I like the new design, in theory. The white looks wonderful! The purple, just doesnt look right. Not a fan of the purple on black look either...

Old-

NorthwesternFootball2006.jpg

New-

428794_390658400987965_508788685_n-1.jpg

480037_390658444321294_1710107471_n-1.jpg

575953_390658594321279_1787956016_n-1.jpg

UnderArmour has some more pictures, including a close up of the brick-patterned numbers.

AND, unexpectedly, Mississippi State becomes the 4th SEC team to reveal new uniforms this summer (Missouri, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt). These look so similar to Texas A&M's (Makes sense being they're both adidas teams...) unfortunatly.

Old-

785550.jpg

New-

lkjnhbgv.png

untitled.png

lmnkjhb.png

kjh.png

(adidas always uses this stupid way to reveal the uniforms, and its so hard to find better views...)

So, what do you guys think? And Red, can I take the title of "Official AUFAMILY Uni-nerd"? :)

not bad at all really. I'm just curious why every time a school gets new uniforms they always display them with a tinted face shield. The tinted face shield is illegal.

Gonna have to go the other way here... I hate NW's unis. The purple is too light. It almost looks fuchsia But hey, if that's the look they're going for... bravo.

State's look about as good as State's unis can look. Make of that what you will.

Why are tinted face shields illegal?

Not 100% but, I think it has to do with defenders being able to see a receiver's eyes.

They can be pretty sinister & intimidating. Now that I think about it I always liked Willis McGahee's tinted shield.

From what little I have found online, the only circumstance in which one can have a tinted shield is for a medical conditions like a UV ray issue. You can have a shield if you have terrible eye sight and need a prescription visor but the latter cannot be tinted.

Why are tinted face shields illegal?

The tinted visor prevents coaches, officials and medics from seeing the eyes of the players when they are injured. The visor cannot be removed from the helmet without removing it from his head, which would present a safety issue in the event of head or spinal injuries. I believe there may be an OSHA regulation behind this too.

There is also the concern that a tinted visor is an unfair advantage if opposing players are unable to see eyes of a player such as receiver looking for the ball.

So a few years ago all levels of football started banning them..........

not bad at all really. I'm just curious why every time a school gets new uniforms they always display them with a tinted face shield. The tinted face shield is illegal.

They use the 'ulti-tinted' because 1) they use models, not the team's players, and 2) the teams arent able to market players like the NFL is. These are marketable promo shots. For the uniforms. The guy wearing the uni has nothing to do with these schools, just the manufacturer. And plus, who wants to see the inside of the helmet (if they were to use a maniquin or something...)?

They can be pretty sinister & intimidating. Now that I think about it I always liked Willis McGahee's tinted shield.

From what little I have found online, the only circumstance in which one can have a tinted shield is for a medical conditions like a UV ray issue. You can have a shield if you have terrible eye sight and need a prescription visor but the latter cannot be tinted.

not true. Tinted shields are ALWAYS illegal. From the rule book:

c. Eye shields. Eye shields must be clear, not tinted, and made from molded or

rigid material. No medical exceptions are allowed.

cptau is absolutely spot on as to why they are illegal.

I miss the old interlocking MSU logo for Miss State...new logo looks like crap. I dig Northwesterns unis.

I miss the old interlocking MSU logo for Miss State...new logo looks like crap. I dig Northwesterns unis.

Mississippi State actually doesnt own the rights to the interlocking MSU logo. UniWatch wrote about it earlier this summer

http://www.uni-watch.com/2012/04/24/mississippi-state-doesnt-own-the-rights-to-its-own-logo/

Archived