2013 4* RB Greg Bryant (Notre Dame signee)

RunInRed

after hours of watching video on the three runningbacks,i'm not so sure that wilkins is not the best one of the bunch....i have thought bryant was probably the best,but i think i might think a bit differently now....oh,all three are fantastic backs,no doubt about it,but i like wilkins ability to make cuts better than i do bryants....wilkins runs a little high to suit me,but that can be coached

I agree.  I think Wilkens gets penalized for making it look too easy.  You just can't really tell from hightlights though.  I wish there was a highlight of him on a third and two with the box stacked.

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JLee mid-week rankings jump didn't happen. So I guess GB was the one he was hoping on.

The midweek isn't over yet.

Nothing with GB is happening this midweek.

after hours of watching video on the three runningbacks,i'm not so sure that wilkins is not the best one of the bunch....i have thought bryant was probably the best,but i think i might think a bit differently now....oh,all three are fantastic backs,no doubt about it,but i like wilkins ability to make cuts better than i do bryants....wilkins runs a little high to suit me,but that can be coached

You guys aren't taking into consideration level of talent these guys are going up against. Tennessee is a state that produces very little Division-1 talent.

I agree.  I think Wilkens gets penalized for making it look too easy.  You just can't really tell from hightlights though.  I wish there was a highlight of him on a third and two with the box stacked.

He gets penalized because hardly any of the recruiting analysts outside of Nebluhr has actually watched him play.

You guys aren't taking into consideration level of talent these guys are going up against. Tennessee is a state that produces very little Division-1 talent.

Tennessee as a whole, yes but the Memphis area, no.

He gets penalized because hardly any of the recruiting analysts outside of Nebluhr has actually watched him play.

E-  i somewhat agree but the competition is night and day in my opinion when looking at highlight tapes.  I wish I could see game film to see how they actually are.  I hate watching highlight tape but, never get excited about it....my disclaimer.    The fact that 247 saw him in person is a good thing.  However any of the three backs that we are looking at I would love to have.  i do love Wilkins character and don't know much about the others

Tennessee as a whole, yes but the Memphis area, no.

Wilkins was my #1 choice long before he committed so I am glad we got him first. Bryant or Greene, whichever one we get will be good. I don't know if you saw the vids from practice today but Jovon Robinson is a big RB. You put Wilkins with him and 1 of these other 2 and we are looking good for the next wave of RBs behind the upper classmen.

After 3-4 years, think you could objectively put Chizik's and Co.'s recruiting efforts and results up against xCTT's and Co.'s and reach sound conclusions....

Of course you can, but the prior staff's annual duck hunting trip has nothing to do with it.

As I stated earlier, you can't credibly say that it has nothing to do with it. You can't go MIA for 3 days in the most heated part of recruiting season (right after the regular season) when you know you're neck and neck for at least a couple of guys and say it has nothing to do with it.

It not only doesn't help with those key recruits, but it also feeds a perception that the other staff is hungrier and going to outwork you.

What makes you think they went MIA? Ever heard of a cell phone? Ever hunted ducks? That's pretty much over an hour or two after sunrise so they could have worked the phones fully as well there as they would have at their desks. I don't know that they did, you don't know that they didn't.

If that three days made any difference there would have been more lousy classes than just 2008. The '07 class was one of Tuberville's best and was the foundation of the 2010 NC team. They went duck hunting that year too.

Bryant is the best back in country this year.  Wilkins is a stud.  The competition levels are different though Bryant plays in Florida best state with Cali and Texas for highschool football talent while Wilkins plays in Tennessee.  Although Memphis is a talented area it is not as talented as Florida. With that said,  Wilkins is a stud also.  They will be a. Absolute force  :wareagle:

Mikey, I won't get into the meat of the debate but Tubbs referenced not having a phone signal while hunting. Remember the Arkansas debacle? He referenced all the VMs and such when he got back to civilization because of where they went had no service

Duder/Mickey,

Both of you have valid points and are RIGHT. But one of the biggest differences in the recruiting strategies between CTT and CGC is their philosophy of who we want at AU. CTT relied on his "ability" to judge talent and would go after the diamonds in the rough and take players not rated as highly by the recruiting services because he "saw their potential" to be better 2-3 years doiwn the road. CGC isn't afraid to go after the biggest and best right out of hs. It has been shown that stars and good/great teams are related. Also, CTT stayed close to home for the most part whereas CGC reaches out to anywhere.

Will be taking in one of Wilkins games in a few weeks and report back. Watched Jovon last year and expect much of the same. These guys are smooth and make it look really easy. Faster and shifter than the defenders. Not much need for brute force so you don't get to see that dimension of their game except against better opponents.

So any news on Bryant today? I also noticed Keith Bryant from the same town is looking at us at DT. Are these two guys related?

So any news on Bryant today? I also noticed Keith Bryant from the same town is looking at us at DT. Are these two guys related?

Likely will not be any news on GB for a few more days and I do not believe the 2 players are related.

A good buddy of mine who is a Sooners fan - not insider but follows a board like this - said the chatter among their fans is that he felt like he committed too early and wanted to go through the process a bit more. Says, the opportunity to be on campus for OVs, see all the sights, sounds and pretty girls is important. They also fell like he's not a lost cause.

This is all Sooner board chatter and nothing more. But, I thought I'd add it here.

Duder/Mickey,

Both of you have valid points and are RIGHT. But one of the biggest differences in the recruiting strategies between CTT and CGC is their philosophy of who we want at AU. CTT relied on his "ability" to judge talent and would go after the diamonds in the rough and take players not rated as highly by the recruiting services because he "saw their potential" to be better 2-3 years doiwn the road. CGC isn't afraid to go after the biggest and best right out of hs. It has been shown that stars and good/great teams are related. Also, CTT stayed close to home for the most part whereas CGC reaches out to anywhere.

Very well said!

I don't think he is event taking an official to Oklahoma anymore... I think he stays in the SEC.

He has already eliminated OU.

Another difference: Gene Chizik, so far, hasn't had Trustees sticking knives in his back.

...harder to recruit when you have enemies in your own camp and rivals exploiting it. :glare:

Archived