2013 4* RB Greg Bryant (Notre Dame signee)

RunInRed

IMO this seems pretty silly.  Either you want to go somewhere or you don't.  The way kids approach their "big moment" seems silly to me.  To me, you're excited about picking a school and want to tell the world as soon as you can...but to potentially change your mind because your secret choice gets out?  This is a college choice, 3-5 years of your life, not picking a new pair of shoes.  There better be a lot of thought in this decision.

If there is valuable information and more than 2 people know it, it will usually be leaked.  Information theory...the more interesting/higher value the information, the higher the probability that it will get out (if I remember correctly). :)

Hopefully we still get one of these 2 guys...

While I see your point, it's more of a relational/trust factor thing.  If I tell someone I think I can trust something in confidence and I ask him/her to sit on it until I can inform other concerned parties and it gets out before that, I would probably be thinking that my request was disregarded (which indicates a lack of respect) and my trust has been betrayed. 

So, I can see where Bryant may be wondering whether he can trust our coaches.  However, I'm just speculating based on what might have been said;  I don't know what agreement (if any) was made between our coaches and Bryant.

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jrljr

Btyant is the best rb in the country this year imo.  Like i said in earlier post he is not goin to bammer to play db. 

That is just total BS anyway. Thats  :devil:'s way of saying that what we consider a great RB wouldn't scratch in his backfield but since he is fast he would "give him a shot" at DB.

Btyant is the best rb in the country this year imo.  Like i said in earlier post he is not goin to bammer to play db. 

That is just total BS anyway. Thats  :devil:'s way of saying that what we consider a great RB wouldn't scratch in his backfield but since he is fast he would "give him a shot" at DB.

I think it's more of Saban trying to keep from offending any other RBs he's recruiting.

OK, so I'm trying to cut to the chase. Since the occured, do we still lead and if not do we still have a good shot at GB? I've read all the posts but I'm a little slower than most.

We still have a shot but we do not lead any longer.  This decision will not be made anytime soon by Greg and he plans to take all 5 of his official visits (all SEC schools with FSU a possibility).  Things have gotten cluttered over the past few weeks which have hurt our chances at this time.  But being optomistic I think in the final analysis he commits and signs with AU, just not anytime soon. :(

I think it's more of Saban trying to keep from offending any other RBs he's recruiting.

Or ones that are already there, cough cough, Calloway, cough cough.  ;)

Earlier today I saw a tweet saying that Bryant will not play CB in college. That is good seeing as that is what the Bammers want him at.

Well duh. :rolleyes:

Earlier today I saw a tweet saying that Bryant will not play CB in college. That is good seeing as that is what the Bammers want him at.

:slapfh: I should have waited until this morning to post that. The clarity of this morning makes that statement seem silly.

:slapfh: I should have waited until this morning to post that. The clarity of this morning makes that statement seem silly.

No :slapfh: necessary, IMO. Even if he doesn't land w/ us, I don't want him over there, and any little bit of reassurance helps. At least until we can start talking about real football again :)

I was just ribbing ya. Someone told Bryant that he will have a better making it to the NFL as a corner...wonder who that was? Why didn't Bama convert tRent into a corner for his best interest?

"They're the only team that wants me to play corner," Bryant told BamaOnline. "It's not really a factor. It's easier to go to the NFL to play corner. I play some corner, safety and rover for (American Heritage)."

Link

• 2 weeks later...

So, with this being the latest news on Greg B

After decommitting from OU, RB Greg Bryant knows he wants to play in the SEC & 3 stand out:http://t.co/leCFOISC #auburn #uga #usc

How is this gonna work with Derrick Green and Greg Bryant both interested? We take first one to commit?

After decommitting from OU, RB Greg Bryant knows he wants to play in the SEC & 3 stand out:http://t.co/leCFOISC#auburn#uga#usc

How is this gonna work with Derrick Green and Greg Bryant both interested? We take first one to commit?

Yes

After decommitting from OU, RB Greg Bryant knows he wants to play in the SEC & 3 stand out:http://t.co/leCFOISC#auburn#uga#usc

Yes

What if I want BOTH!!!!????

Wouldn't it be a great if we did take them both? Could it be the plan the coaches have all along? I keep thinking Caddy/Brown 2.0

Don't sleep on JW.

Brown and Cadillac didn't sign together. So this would be TOTALLY different.

True, they didn't sign together. My point was that they were compliments of each other. If in the unlikely case where we were to take both of these guys we would have two backs that have the potential of the threat that Caddy/Brown had on the opponenet. On a side note, Wilkins was not slept on... kid is a beast also!

Next year we'll have Mason, jr, Blakeley, soph and and Grant, jr. Add Wilkins, fr and maybe Jovon Robinson, fr, if that works out. I simply don't see us taking two more RB's in this class.

First one of Bryant and Green to commit gets the scholly, IMO.

Mikey. I agree with that assessment. With Robinson potentially being pushed back to the equivalent of a 2013 recruit (in terms of eligibility), I don't see the coaches wanting 4 backs with concurrent eligibility terms.

Mikey. I agree with that assessment. With Robinson potentially being pushed back to the equivalent of a 2013 recruit (in terms of eligibility), I don't see the coaches wanting 4 backs with concurrent eligibility terms.

I'd be disappointed if our coaches turned down Green or Bryant based on JR.

Don't get me wrong- I'm REALLY impressed by JR and I REALLY hope he makes it back (I've posted in other threads that I thought he was the best back on our roster before things turned south), and I don't think it matters anyway because I think whichever guy doesn't commit first is going to remove himself from the equation before the coaches have to- but I'd be bummed if we turned down a player of that caliber based on the possibility of JR making it back.

Also, consider that somebody very likely will redshirt, somebody out of a group like that will very likely go pro after their junior year, and attrition at RB is a borderline given.

What can I say, I'm greedy and I want all the shiny new toys :) But again, this is all hypothetical. I have no illusions that we get both.

I'd be disappointed if our coaches turned down Green or Bryant based on JR.

Don't get me wrong- I'm REALLY impressed by JR and I REALLY hope he makes it back (I've posted in other threads that I thought he was the best back on our roster before things turned south), and I don't think it matters anyway because I think whichever guy doesn't commit first is going to remove himself from the equation before the coaches have to- but I'd be bummed if we turned down a player of that caliber based on the possibility of JR making it back.

Also, consider that somebody very likely will redshirt, somebody out of a group like that will very likely go pro after their junior year, and attrition at RB is a borderline given.

What can I say, I'm greedy and I want all the shiny new toys :) But again, this is all hypothetical. I have no illusions that we get both.

We should know whether or not JR will be back at Auburn before NSD 2013. If not, then I think there could be room for both. The coaches have had a good look at JR and if they like him (in the limited practices they saw), then I don't see GB/DG taking his spot.

I want all the toys too, unfortunately, we only have limited shelf space available.

Like E said a few posts back, DO NOT forget about JW. He is incredible and has the potential for stardom himself. austdnt23 said we LEAD for both, not that we SIGN both. We won't take 3 RB's this year. We need room for KR and possibly OJ if they flip.

Archived